Stolen (???) Talisman Cases

iacas

Drill Sergeant
Silver Member
I had two Talisman cases sent to me from Tony just this week. They were delivered today at 9:40am. When I got home at 11:50 or so (car service appointment), they were not anywhere to be found. :(

Tony had marked the boxes as signature required, and I've already emailed Tony so that he can start the claim process. This after a few phone calls back and for the FedEx to see if they were mistaken about leaving them on the porch or what...

A neighbor of mine is loaning me an extra green/black Talisman case that he has. I didn't even know my neighbor played pool until I rang his bell to ask if maybe he'd done me a favor and picked up packages for me. I've offered to let him play any time in my new room when it's done.

But man, this is disappointing. I was looking forward to using my packages. Packages are marked "signature required" for a reason, after all. :p

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
If they were signature required then they can't leave them. Did you get a note from FedEx stating that you have to go to their facility and sign for them to pick them up?

Last time I got something from Tony I had to do that. Look for a note or cll FedEx.

Barbara

blah blah

Shoebat
This last Christmas Eve, I heard a truck outside of where I am house- sitting. Always suspicious, I went to the door and saw a FedEx guy slowly driving up a couple of houses and stop. I looked down to see a styrofoam box, with contents listed as a filet mignon dinner with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted veggies. HOWEVER, it was for a different address.

I managed to chase down the driver and point out the address to him, but I really could have had someone else's xmas dinner and no one would have ever known or been able to track it down. Scary. It all happened so quickly I don't know if signature was "required" or not.

iacas

Drill Sergeant
Silver Member
Barbara said:
If they were signature required then they can't leave them. Did you get a note from FedEx stating that you have to go to their facility and sign for them to pick them up?

Last time I got something from Tony I had to do that. Look for a note or call FedEx.
I wasn't clear enough, then. They were left, despite the "signature required," without a signature. I've already done the calling, etc. Now Tony has to file the claim as they "went missing" between the time he (wrongly) left them without a signature and the time I got home.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
iacas said:
I wasn't clear enough, then. They were left, despite the "signature required," without a signature. I've already done the calling, etc. Now Tony has to file the claim as they "went missing" between the time he (wrongly) left them without a signature and the time I got home.
Wonder if the driver is held financialy responsible?

iacas

Drill Sergeant
Silver Member
I think it would take a lot more than forgetting to get a signature on one package. And I'm fairly certain that FedEx doesn't make the driver pay.

But in the end, I honestly don't care. The packages were "Signature Required" and he didn't get a signature. I wish they were still on my porch because then I'd have them. Now I have to wait another 45 days or so, probably... and Tony has to go through the trouble of filing a claim, etc. PITA.

This isn't the first beef I've had with this FedEx guy. I work from home (consultant) and several times he's rung the doorbell, stuck a thing on the door saying "we missed you, feel free to pick it up at our office after 5pm." In other words, I watched him from my office and he'd ring the bell and not even wait literally one second for me to go downstairs to answer it. :p

So he's not the "best" delivery guy in the world. But from speaking with the woman on the phone today, she seemed surprised that he'd missed this because "he's our most conscientious guy".

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
PoolSleuth said:
Well if they Fire the Driver, I would think that would add up to being financialy responsible. :cool:

How do you know it was the drivers fault??? Perhaps the packages were mis-labled?? Just curious??

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
iacas said:
I had two Talisman cases sent to me from Tony just this week. They were delivered today at 9:40am. When I got home at 11:50 or so (car service appointment), they were not anywhere to be found. :(

Tony had marked the boxes as signature required, and I've already emailed Tony so that he can start the claim process. This after a few phone calls back and for the FedEx to see if they were mistaken about leaving them on the porch or what...

A neighbor of mine is loaning me an extra green/black Talisman case that he has. I didn't even know my neighbor played pool until I rang his bell to ask if maybe he'd done me a favor and picked up packages for me. I've offered to let him play any time in my new room when it's done.

But man, this is disappointing. I was looking forward to using my packages. Packages are marked "signature required" for a reason, after all. :p
i wish that FedX would talk to everyone of their drivers about this..in 2005 i noticed a difference in their delivery technique...they do not ring the door bell or knock on my door...i am usually 15 feet from my front door..the dog will bark i know i am getting a delivery so i get up right away and walk fast to the front door i open the door and see the guy running into his truck already...just leaving the package on the porch.....i know they have a tough job but all i'm asking is to ring the door bell and then run ...so i can relate to what you are going thru....thanks

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
If it was a FedEx Ground/Home Delivery driver (purple/green letters), and he left with no signature, he is in fact financially responsible, as all FedEx Ground drivers are actually contractors and don't work for FedEx itself. They have to even furnish their own trucks. Trust me on this, the drivers get really pissed when they get claims against them. I've seen some pretty good fits in the office. They can't use the excuse that the label didn't say Signature Required because the scanner forces them to put a signature in, and it even transmits the actual signature signed to the computer system for viewing. You can actually request a copy of that signature to verify if it was yours or not.

If it was a FedEx Express driver (purple/orange letters), then I believe that FedEx proper is financially responsible for the loss.

I used to work for FedEx Ground and had to work the missing and damaged packages. So I know what I am talking about here.

Lisa

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
cuejoey said:
i wish that FedX would talk to everyone of their drivers about this..in 2005 i noticed a difference in their delivery technique...they do not ring the door bell or knock on my door...i am usually 15 feet from my front door..the dog will bark i know i am getting a delivery so i get up right away and walk fast to the front door i open the door and see the guy running into his truck already...just leaving the package on the porch.....i know they have a tough job but all i'm asking is to ring the door bell and then run ...so i can relate to what you are going thru....thanks

I have had the exact thing happen, but not sure of the carrier or whether or not they needed signature. I work upstairs in my home office, the dogs bark when the knock on the door comes, and the package is leaning against the porch. In fact, Instroke made me a case a few years ago and he took pictures of it in Germany before he mailed it out (for my approval of my name on the back) and that's all I have, they said they delivered it but I never got it. :( It is pictured below. Somewhere, someone is using my name on their pool case, lol.

HOWEVER, I happened to be home last week when my two Talisman cases came (They are gorgeous!!!!) and the lady knocked and was waiting on the porch for my signature.

Attachments

• LindaCarterBack1MA11934257-0077 resize.jpg
    LindaCarterBack1MA11934257-0077 resize.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 164

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I work from home, too. I shipped a $500 package to a customer, signature required, and kept my eye on the FedEx tracking page.

It showed up as being "left at door". I immediately called FedEx, and had them send the driver back to pick it up, but the guy's wife happened to come home for lunch, so it was safe.

I called FedEx about it, and they said that address has a "signature waiver" on file, perhaps from a previous occupant. What a crock, because it's my package until my customer gets it. I didn't say it was ok to leave $500 at the door.

Shirley and I saw Linda's Talisman case the other night. What a beaut. The case was nice, too. Oh, Aunty Dan beat me up pretty bad.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
JohnnyP said:
Shirley and I saw Linda's Talisman case the other night. What a beaut. The case was nice, too. Oh, Aunty Dan beat me up pretty bad.

Johnny and Shirley - What a very delightful couple! Wish I had gotten to talk with you longer.

PoolSleuth

Banned
ridewiththewind said:
If it was a FedEx Ground/Home Delivery driver (purple/green letters), and he left with no signature, he is in fact financially responsible, as all FedEx Ground drivers are actually contractors and don't work for FedEx itself. They have to even furnish their own trucks. Trust me on this, the drivers get really pissed when they get claims against them.

That is true about FedX Ground. Hell when I drove 18 Wheeler, Freight Clams were not wanted, as it effected thing like Safety Bonuses, Lost Freight, Damaged Freight, and Stolen Freight...

iacas

Drill Sergeant
Silver Member
ridewiththewind said:
If it was a FedEx Express driver (purple/orange letters), then I believe that FedEx proper is financially responsible for the loss.
It was FedEx Express. I don't think you can send a package from Thailand via "Ground". :) It arrived in two days, too...

JohnnyP said:
I called FedEx about it, and they said that address has a "signature waiver" on file, perhaps from a previous occupant. What a crock, because it's my package until my customer gets it. I didn't say it was ok to leave $500 at the door.

FWIW, I have no such waiver signed. I'm a computer consultant who does a lot of work for a golf company, too, so lots of the things I have delivered to me are expensive and often marked as "Titleist" or "Apple" or whatever.

Now here's the downside... FedEx fully says they're responsible. It was "signature required" and they didn't get a signature.

But Tony ships dowel rods and calls the cases "protectors." He assigns the package a value of $35 so that he doesn't have to pay duty on them. This makes sense, but now what's going to happen? He can't get reimbursed the full amount and I'm out quite a bit of money. I have a hard time making him pay for these at his cost, but at the same time, I shouldn't be the one punished either. So I'm at a small moral crossroads. :p

Here's to hoping he can simply show them a receipt to show them the true value of the cases and have FedEx pay for two replacements. :(

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iacas said:
But Tony ships dowel rods and calls the cases "protectors." He assigns the package a value of $35 so that he doesn't have to pay duty on them. This makes sense, but now what's going to happen? He can't get reimbursed the full amount and I'm out quite a bit of money. I have a hard time making him pay for these at his cost, but at the same time, I shouldn't be the one punished either. So I'm at a small moral crossroads. :p

Here's to hoping he can simply show them a receipt to show them the true value of the cases and have FedEx pay for two replacements. :(

If its only insured to $35 then he wont be able to get more than that amount. IMO you have done nothing wrong and he is taking the chance of this happening everytime he sends his packages out this way.
Even him replacing your order is probably still cheaper than his other options with original shipping.
Seriously I would wonder about the neighbor or if the neighbor has any
children. Most people would not know a Talisman case from any other case. Perhaps a kid saw it and knew what it was prompting a bad decision. I did see something on TV once where people were following UPS and Fedex guys and then picking up the packages when they left them. It was mainly in rural settings and around X-mas time. Theres
rotten people out there.

Orlando

Registered
Lucky

I agree with the whole "signature Required" thing. When they cannot deliver they should leave a little piece of paper saying that they tried to deliver and will be back in a day to try and deliver again. The signature waiver thing just kinda defeats this though.

I recently purchased a cue. It was sent to me VIA UPS 2day air. I anxiously was tracking the package online and the day it was suppose to be delivered the UPS web site said it was "left on the porch". It was suppose to be delivered to my work/industrial address and we have no porch at my work but we all know the UPS man.

So now I am kinda pissed/frusterated and found the address it was delivered at was not my address. In fact, the address that UPS said it was shipped to was actually not a real address in the small town (12,000 population) I live in.

I asked my boss if I could leave and try to find it on my own after investigating the address which was given to me from a UPS customer service representative on the phone. I printed out some maps at mapquest.com to use as a base for my search and drove to the neighborhood of the supposed delivery and no house had a box which looked like my pool cue sitting on the porch. Luckily, I came across two UPS drivers and flagged them down, explained my situation and asked if they remember the package. The second driver said he did remember delivering it and gave me the location where he thought it was at.

So now time is against me and also are the daylight hours. From getting in my car to arriving back at my work with my cue took about one hour and 15 minutes. I need to bill my time to UPS LOL :eek: ;)

So I drive to the location which was bestowed to me and I found my pool cue leaning up against a house on a porch. The house it was delivered at was not even inhabitable since it was still being built by the contractors who were working at this site. There was no grass only mud, no driveway because it was still coarse gravel, there was no siding yet, there was a huge loader dumpster in the front yard mud. This location was about one mile away from where it was suppose to be delivered:eek: !!!

I was very lucky and relieved but it made me realise that eventhough a state of the art delivery company such as UPS or Fed-Ex has the best intentions, these intentions are still liable to human error I.E. the delivery man/woman.

If I were not immediately persistant to go out and track my cue down, I don't know if I would have it in my possesion today. The cue was far from cheap and It was not insured either.

Word to the wise, If your faced with a situation like these (Especially if it is the day of delivery) please use ALL of the resources that may be available to you I.E.> Internet tracking/ Maps/ the phone/ and even UPS & Fed-Ex drivers. Your persistance may pay off.

I just wanted to share my experience and please forgive the longish post. Good luck and best wishes to you and those who may go through this same situation. Orlando.