View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-23-2016, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMRUNOUT View Post
I haven't read all the stuff on Dr. Dave's site about squirt, but I think he also says that shaft flexibility has *some* effect. I don't know how much effect. It does seem to me like it must play at least some role.

I guess the main argument against it is that the time it takes the compression wave, or is it the "transverse" wave? IDK...some wave..lol. Anyway the time it takes that wave to move down the shaft and cause the shaft to bend, the cue ball is already long gone.

This makes a lot of sense. I think there might be some high speed video to support this as well.

Good question though.

KMRUNOUT
I think that compression effects a transverse wave which implies that depending on the frequency, the CB could feel a few compressive forces during contact according to the article.

Be well

dumluk