View Single Post
Old
  (#13)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-23-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
I remember when Bob Meucci came out with the '79 brochure. It had references to deflection and everyone looked at each other and said "WTF is deflection?" Cues in those days were mostly steel-jointed, ivory-ferruled telephone poles. Bob's cues felt like a 58" buggy whip but whatta' ya' know, they freakin' played awesome. At almost any big tourn. for 25yrs. almost all the top players played with one. Trendsetting cues for sure.
-------------

I never did like the whippy shafts, though. I was playing with a European/ conical tapered house cue that I had made into a Sneaky back then. I'm playing with a conical taper OB Pro now but with an 11.75 mm tip vs a nearly 13 mm tip back then.

Low front end mass & flex do not need to be mutually exclusive. There does NOT have to be only one contributing factor or parameter that contributes to reducing squirt.

Bob Meucci now has what he calls his Power Piston Butts.

In golf there is shaft flex that most are familiar with but then there is what Dr. Dave mentioned which in golf shafts is referred to as torque. When graphite shaft manufacture came along & given the extensive research & development for golf because of the huge monetary incentive it opened up a whole new area of shaft fitting for individual golf swings. It allowed different shaft 'flexes' to be matched up with different degrees of torque.

Bobby Jones hated his hickory shafted 7 iron. When technology allowed for testing an intact golf club & his set was tested all of his hickory shafted irons were very close but the 7 iron was way off & very different.

If the monetary incentive ever came along, I would not doubt that there would be synthetic material pool cue shafts being manufactured & used.

Best Wishes 2 You & All.

Last edited by ENGLISH!; 01-23-2016 at 09:34 AM.