Tuned shaft ...

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
This seems like some animosity from old times and maybe even other forums has been brought over here. He is just stating his opinions. You are chastising him for not answering your questions, but you also were asked what tuning a cue was by the thread starter. And you let us know you know how and what it is and never said what it is. We all know you are a good cuemaker and you could be a great asset to the forum. But letting us know you know more than most without sharing anything adds nothing to the forum. And venting on Rick every chance you get also adds nothing. I am not a moderator but just trying to be a peace maker. Some wear being banned here on AZ as a badge of honor on other forums. I hope you don't let your animosity toward Rick get you that badge.

Animosity from old times and other forums? How we are so forgetful.

Why would I have any animosity towards someone who used my last name as a prop and referenced me to likes of Adolf Hitler not so long ago?
I hope you don't have any Jewish friends that read this forum.

As far as myself answering the questions.....you need to go back and read what I wrote again so you can understand it. There were some who were debunking the shaft tuning theory and all I did was state that I know of some who do and have tuned shafts on machines/fixtures that they may have built themselves. I never said I was doing so. So I no, I can't comment on a procedure that I don't know about.
So just because I don't add content on a subject that I may have knowledge about makes me someone who's not wanted on this forum? WTF
As far as someone being banned....I certainly don't believe it should be me for trying to help eliminate some of the BS that goes on in this forum on occasion.

Opinion or fact...that is the question. You want allow someone who gives an opinion and states it as fact free range but you want to ban me for trying to help others sift thru the BS that is presented?
Thanks for having my back Chris. Now I know where I stand with you also.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far a number of people have stated or alluded that they know what tuning is.
The original Q has led to more noise than clarity & no obvious consensus.

I'm a little slow, but have not yet seen a description that sounds definitive.

Can anyone clarify the definition of tuning for the confused among us?

smt

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far a number of people have stated or alluded that they know what tuning is.
The original Q has led to more noise than clarity & no obvious consensus.

I'm a little slow, but have not yet seen a description that sounds definitive.

Can anyone clarify the definition of tuning for the confused among us?

smt

That's kinda the point. "tuning" a shaft is a BS word. If your changing the taper or modifying the diameter of the shaft, well that's what you are doing, you are retaperering a shaft. If your making a shaft from scratch based on your own ideas on what works best, well then you are making a shaft. If you want to call any of that "tuning" your just using a unnecessary word and in general your just confusing people...

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I see some references to a "Tuned Shaft".
What is the process of tuning a shaft and why is it desirable?
Sounds like it could be a spell check error. I have heard people use the term "turn the shaft" when they are talking about changing the taper on a lathe.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Animosity from old times and other forums? How we are so forgetful.

Why would I have any animosity towards someone who used my last name as a prop and referenced me to likes of Adolf Hitler not so long ago?
I hope you don't have any Jewish friends that read this forum.

As far as myself answering the questions.....you need to go back and read what I wrote again so you can understand it. There were some who were debunking the shaft tuning theory and all I did was state that I know of some who do and have tuned shafts on machines/fixtures that they may have built themselves. I never said I was doing so. So I no, I can't comment on a procedure that I don't know about.
So just because I don't add content on a subject that I may have knowledge about makes me someone who's not wanted on this forum? WTF
As far as someone being banned....I certainly don't believe it should be me for trying to help eliminate some of the BS that goes on in this forum on occasion.

Opinion or fact...that is the question. You want allow someone who gives an opinion and states it as fact free range but you want to ban me for trying to help others sift thru the BS that is presented?
Thanks for having my back Chris. Now I know where I stand with you also.
I did not say you are not wanted. I am just trying to say rude attacks on people are not wanted no matter past history. If Rick attacks you report it and I am sure calling you Hitler would get him banned or at least the post deleted and a warning issued. But the tone of your post was asking for the same. Just read paragraph number three of this forums rules.

Where you stand with me is someone I have known for decades and I have a lot of respect for your abilities and consider you a genius. And I would hate to lose you here like we lost TW over his animosity with Rick. AZ has no control of what goes on in other forums and we really don't want garbage brought from there and dumped here. Again with your knowledge you could be in the words of our former moderator a hero on here.

Last edited:

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
I did not say you are not wanted. I am just trying to say rude attacks on people are not wanted no matter past history. If Rick attacks you report it and I am sure calling you Hitler would get him banned or at least the post deleted and a warning issued. But the tone of your post was asking for the same. Just read paragraph number three of this forums rules.

Where you stand with me is someone I have known for decades and I have a lot of respect for your abilities and consider you a genius. And I would hate to lose you here like we lost TW over his animosity with Rick. AZ has no control of what goes on in other forums and we really don't want garbage brought from there and dumped here. Again with your knowledge you could be in the words of our former moderator a hero on here.

Just for the record,

I would like to apologize to Dave for countering his constant personal attacks on my opinions at the time by comparing them to " the thought police, book burning and oppressive tactics like pre war Germany and the Nazis. I am guilty of that naritive. I was defending my freedom of speech. Nothing more, nothing less. It degenerated from that point to what we see today.

What I did not understand ( had no clue ) at the time was that Dave was from Germany and was not from our country. Ouch!! My mistake and ignorance. If I had known this beforehand I would have used different words and imagery while defending myself from what I perceived as aggressive personal bullying toward me just because I offered my opinion on this forum which was different from his.

I not been active on this forum In the last 15 months as my shop was in storage in Henderson Nv. and I have now constructed my new shop space and am now getting prepared to start constructing commissioned cues for my customers again.

I made a few recent post after being missing in action here just to find that time has not healed any wounds. So hence my submition of this post to Dave and the forum at large.

So today I hold out my apolgetic hand to Dave offering my total forgiveness to him also for continuously calling me a bullshitter in the aftermath which is also very hurtful to me. Dave does not know me at all but anyone that does know me understands that I dont lie and have very high moral and ethical standards.

In closing I would also like to say as a Christian man that I wake up each morning and forgive everyone who has trespassed against me and I have total contrition in my heart concerning anyone who feels I may have hurt or offended them in anyway. Our human condition and egos are very fragile and requires this to make sure we are right with our fellow man.

It is always the time to put aside anything from the past and I hold out my hand and heart to Dave and hope to meet him someday and shake his hand. Who knows, we could be good friends someday. Grace is a funny thing. It is free and the only cost is that we be grateful when it revealed to us.

A wise man once said, "There are always two sides to an argument. In most cases the truth is found somewhere in the middle". We are all guilty of having tunnel vision and sometimes it blinds us from seeing or feeling what the other guy is saying or feeling in his heart. No man can read the minds of others.

Going forward I will not respond or answer anyone's questions who I feel is trying to troll or is being aggressive or passive agressive. Life is to short.

AZ Billiards Ask the Cuemaker is a great place to share and offer opinions concerning our art and craft. I pledge to respect everyone's thoughts. We all approach cuemaking in our own way. I will choose to respond to those who show reciprocal respect only. Pretty simple philosophy.

In closing I would like to say thanks to Chis Hightower for always being the adult in the room.

Chris Hightower for Secretary of State of Cuemaking. :thumbup:

Like Forrest said, " That's all I have to say about that ".

Rick

Last edited:
Reactions: JC

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was defending freedom of speech. Nothing more, nothing less.

Freedom of speech in the USA is to protect you from government censorship, not individual, private platform censoring. You have no protection from the 1st Amendment here or anywhere the internet from the people who run the websites you access.

Quit confusing your assumed knowledge, with actual real world facts. Physics does not back up your claim on where a shaft should bend. You’ve misused words to inflate your ego on this forum. And this reply shows you have zero connection to the truth or facts.