Where's Glen Hancock (Therealkingcobra)?!?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta ask myself, why the f*#! are people giving out reds in this thread? I mean nobody but Glenn deserves a mountain of reds... And people wouldn't be talking shit about RKC had he not stolen the guys rails and money then ghosted him.

I assume someone is trying to get the thread locked and hoping this blows over for their buddy?

So weird.and bizarre to give anyone but Glenn a red for his complete bullshit.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Popcorn in the microwave...
A word of warning about that ...

There is such a thing as popcorn lung which you can get from microwaved popcorn. Really. It's the chemical they add to give it that wonderful buttery smell/flavor. Here's the info:

https://www.berkeleywellness.com/he...ental-health/article/microwave-popcorn-danger

I think you want to treat your lungs as nicely as possible these days.

I don't use the packaged stuff. I work from bulk popcorn with actual butter.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob, only because of my respect for you did I click on that link, Berkeley being pretty weird and all. Anyway if someone eats and sniffs 2 or 3 bags of popcorn a day I would suspect he would not live long enough to enjoy the fruits of his lawsuit.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A word of warning about that ...

There is such a thing as popcorn lung which you can get from microwaved popcorn. Really. It's the chemical they add to give it that wonderful buttery smell/flavor. Here's the info:

https://www.berkeleywellness.com/he...ental-health/article/microwave-popcorn-danger

I don't use the packaged stuff. I work from bulk popcorn with actual butter.
Anyone who sniffs enuff popcorn to do any damage is already too stupid to live.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
an everyday thing one place I worked

I was working in an office building with about three hundred people in open cubicles. About three every afternoon the smell of popcorn filled the entire floor. Soon I was one of the ones eating a small bag of popcorn every day. Between that and a self-serve yogurt machine in the cafeteria I had to start a diet and exercise program! The yogurt was billed by the cup, not weight, and I became a master at filling and stacking those cups over the top. Others would have me filling cups for them. It would look like a mountain sitting on a thimble!

Hu

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was working in an office building with about three hundred people in open cubicles. About three every afternoon the smell of popcorn filled the entire floor. Soon I was one of the ones eating a small bag of popcorn every day. Between that and a self-serve yogurt machine in the cafeteria I had to start a diet and exercise program! The yogurt was billed by the cup, not weight, and I became a master at filling and stacking those cups over the top. Others would have me filling cups for them. It would look like a mountain sitting on a thimble!

Hu

IMO, working in an office is about the worst thing for one's health. From the traffic getting there, to sitting all day, to all the junk food every day, etc etc etc.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not true at all. In fact, while having lunch with my Diamond rep about a month ago, I told him about the situation and he did not seem the least bit surprised or concerned. I am sure no one at Diamond gives a shit either. It has nothing to do with them.

To keep this all straight, not one person has defended RKC for taking the money and th rails, period.

We all know he is wrong. I may have had higher hopes/ expectations than most concerning RKC doing the right thing. I think this is because he even told me he was going to make it right... He has not done anything to make Johnny whole again.

Sad to see a guy end his AZB career like this. He made the decisions and it sucks that he does not care. It is a lesson I will never understand.

TFT

So you are starting to realize you backed the wrong horse.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree!

IMO, working in an office is about the worst thing for one's health. From the traffic getting there, to sitting all day, to all the junk food every day, etc etc etc.

Our old ratty triple wide overflow office trailer with less than a dozen people in it was a lot healthier than that open cubicle design too. Some people always think they are being heroes coming in sick. Cold or flu would ripple through the floor for a month or six weeks after somebody came to work coughing and hacking all over the place. Hated office work when I had a private office. Hated it a lot worse when I didn't. Blew my back in '88 and retraining to work in an office wasn't an option. Climbing all over petro-chem plants was past history.

Hu

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe true, but let it cool a little so the vapors can condense before ripping the microwave package open. Patience is a virtue.:grin:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bob,
It's not like you to hijack a thread like this. Does the Cobra eat microwave popcorn?
I believe this thread has moved into the "unhijackable" category by its immense mass and infinite momentum. (See the "is a light cue good" thread for further technical references.)

:thumbup:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe true, but let it cool a little so the vapors can condense before ripping the microwave package open. Patience is a virtue.:grin:
Look, mw popcorn has been around,what, 40+yrs? This is the first time i've ever heard of this bizarre danger. I bet i've eaten at least 1000bags, probably more and neither me nor anyone i know has ever gotten sick from the deadly butter vapors. Probably have a better chance of getting hit by lightning. Sorry to go off track on this thread but this is just stupid.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Look, mw popcorn has been around,what, 40+yrs? This is the first time i've ever heard of this bizarre danger. I bet i've eaten at least 1000bags, probably more and neither me nor anyone i know has ever gotten sick from the deadly butter vapors. Probably have a better chance of getting hit by lightning. Sorry to go off track on this thread but this is just stupid.
I think the danger is documented as legit but it applied to those in the plants processing the popcorn bags.

I use a big old skillet with a lid, peanut oil (or if I have some, bacon grease) and plain old white kernels. Add a touch of fine ground salt and pepper while it's still hot.

Sent from the future.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Wow, buttery lung flavoring. I often think back regretfully to all those years of smoking cigarettes and thank god I somehow quit 20 years ago.

johnnyaims

Registered
Didn't the OP send money AND his rails to RKC? He must know where he lives, correct?

No I didn't send my money and rails to Glen, we talked our agreement to rebuild my table for about a month. Another local Mechanic (whom had worked on my table prior) drove Glen to my home, where I wrote a contract with Glen, with the other Mechanic as a witness, Glen and I signed the agreement, and they (Glen and the other local Mechanic) dissembled my GC rails and they left my residence. Glen is still under contract to have had my table rebuilt by the end of the week of August 26, 2019.

I do know where RKC lives and receives mail.

At this point, with frustration, I'm still waiting for Glen to pull through whatever situation he's dealing with. Many local people and AZ patrons want me to pursue legal action. My belief system directs me to settle matters between believers first, then if the situation doesn't come to reconciliation, pursue worldly court jurisdiction, always leaving room for God's intervention.

Many have asked me to get Diamond Billiards involved (for the people that know, let them know), This I reason is handling itself, our Pool Playing World is very small, and Diamond Billiards is a lucrative business!!!

What I'll say for today, as this situation continues to evolve is, Jerimy Chambers is a saint of man, his actions of making me new GC rails from scratch is humbling, seeing his faith in action inspires me to stay the course of loving people first. Jerimy's work is truly Professional and deserves complete attention from the Pool Playing World.

I have everything ready to get my table together again, beautiful new handcrafted GC rails, ready to play, and it was scheduled to be built last weekend, but our social distancing and stay at home order here in Washington State postponed my table rebuild yet again...

"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still". (Exodus 14:14)

"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD". (Psalm 27:14)

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Approximately 10 months ago, Glen and the other mechanic left from your home with your rails AND $1750.00, is that correct?
In your opinion, what would be a fair amount of time before pursuing legal action?
I must have misunderstood a few posts in this thread, I thought the table was back together again and playable. I surely hope that Jerimy's rails fit and work properly. That's a great thing the man did for you.
Hope it all works out well.

johnnyaims

Registered
Approximately 10 months ago, Glen and the other mechanic left from your home with your rails AND $1750.00, is that correct?
In your opinion, what would be a fair amount of time before pursuing legal action?
I must have misunderstood a few posts in this thread, I thought the table was back together again and playable. I surely hope that Jerimy's rails fit and work properly. That's a great thing the man did for you.
Hope it all works out well.

Yes, correct they left my home July 8th, 2019, with my rails and my $1750.00. As far as a fair amount of time, I think Glen as had plenty, I'm going to error on the giving RKC every opportunity...

No, I'm still waiting to have a playable table, it's very difficult considering I have everything here ready to be put together, but the Virus has our State on complete lock down. Only essential personnel and needed travel (groceries, pharmacy and etc.) are permitted at this point. I haven't heard of authorities enforcing the order by law, but my work is considered essential and we've been given travel documents to present to authorities if stopped. The Mechanic scheduled to put my table together and myself thought it best to wait until the social distancing order ends to reschedule.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you had any contact with the other table mechanic who was with RKC that day?