List of Best American Pool Players

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where in the hell do play pool out there in the hills?

I come thru there a couple times a year and you got 10-6 or the 7.

Considering that Ron is one of the top ten pool players in the US, you may have bitten off more than you can chew, bub.

CropperCapture[515].jpg

You better gird your loins for the encounter.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Funny a list for best American pool players is proposed....
...then players not born in America are mentioned...a lot...
...and a great player that was born in America is not mentioned....
...Jose Parica

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Considering that Ron is one of the top ten pool players in the US, you may have bitten off more than you can chew, bub.

You better gird your loins for the encounter.

http://www.thehypertexts.com/Who was the best nine-ball player pool billiards.htm

Other nine-ball players of note: The Bus Driver, Marcus Chamat, Wu Chia Ching, Yang Ching-Shun "The Son of Pool", Tony Chohan, Steve Davis, "Kid" Cole Dickson, Ron Dooley, Tony Drago, Thomas Engert, Norman Hitchcock, Wu Jia-Qing, Loree Jon Jones, Markus Juva, Yi-Che Kuo, Derek "Chew" Leonard, Dan Louie, Jimmy Matz, Danny Medina, John Morra, Fabio Patroni, Wu Jia Qing, Greg Stevens, Mark Tadd, Tony Watson, C.J. Wiley, Rob "Roadplayer" Wolfe, Zion Zvi (the absolute last word in pool names!)

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Funny a list for best American pool players is proposed....
...then players not born in America are mentioned...a lot...
...and a great player that was born in America is not mentioned....
...Jose Parica

It's possible that what was meant in the original post was players of American-style pool as opposed to British-style pool. The Brits (and some others) use the term "American pool" for the games and equipment with which we are most familiar (as opposed to English 8-Ball).

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I always find it, I'm not sure what to make of it,
when a member, just like that, hits the submit button a few years later, after registration.

I've heard setting back to see what the field is like, I got game :wink:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's possible that what was meant in the original post was players of American-style pool as opposed to British-style pool. The Brits (and some others) use the term "American pool" for the games and equipment with which we are most familiar (as opposed to English 8-Ball).
What English needs is more parentheses, brackets or braces like a lot of programming languages use. Then the title would have been:

List of {Best [(American Pool) Players]}

and it would have been much clearer.
:eek:uttahere:

Bob <-- would have made the list if it had been punctuated differently

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

What English needs is more parentheses, brackets or braces like a lot of programming languages use. Then the title would have been:

I’m still looking for a symbol that signifies a rhetorical question.
...if you two guys can’t come up with it....all is for naught...:crying:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Don't think "please excuse my dear aunt sally" works like that :thumbup: