Problems with getting SVB/Shaw stream to work

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
This happens with every pool streamer it seems like.
Frustrating.
It's never straightforward.

As far as I can tell, here are the hoops you have to jump through:

• Make an account on the promoter's website.

• Pay on the promoter's site.

• Make a whole separate account on the streaming website.

• Go to the promoter's site and click "Pay per view", then click "My Account" (the tiny one at the top of the black rackem.tv banner,
totally unrelated to "my account" on the promoter's website).
Then sign in with your stream site credentials on the promoter's site.

Note that if you get mixed up on the passwords here, it won't give you an error,
just close the login box and leave you wondering if your login was successful or not.

• If it IS successful it loads an iframe (basically, a website within a website) showing the rackem.tv website within the MMP website,
and at this point you should in theory be seeing the stream... right?

Well, no, even though I paid, and got a receipt and confirmation number, it says "you need to subscribe to watch this"
and says I need to pay $24.00 (incidentally, the stream is $24.99, not $24.00).

I messaged them and they said the link will appear at 7pm. OK, so why am I getting an error saying
I haven't paid? And why wait until the very last possible second to make a working link?

They had a month to make this process smooth and easy, but I'm not even sure
it's gonna be functional.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
This is exactly why I almost never purchase a PPV from a new promoter. First time streams always always always have problems and issues. As much as I want to see the match it's not worth the hassle. With BigTruck and Pool Action TV I know exactly what I'm getting and it's worth every penny with nary an issue. Money Match Promotions may be just fine, but anybody's first time usually has kinks to work out.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This happens with every pool streamer it seems like.
Frustrating.
It's never straightforward.

As far as I can tell, here are the hoops you have to jump through:

• Make an account on the promoter's website.

• Pay on the promoter's site.

• Make a whole separate account on the streaming website.

• Go to the promoter's site and click "Pay per view", then click "My Account" (the tiny one at the top of the black rackem.tv banner,
totally unrelated to "my account" on the promoter's website).
Then sign in with your stream site credentials on the promoter's site.

Note that if you get mixed up on the passwords here, it won't give you an error,
just close the login box and leave you wondering if your login was successful or not.

• If it IS successful it loads an iframe (basically, a website within a website) showing the rackem.tv website within the MMP website,
and at this point you should in theory be seeing the stream... right?

Well, no, even though I paid, and got a receipt and confirmation number, it says "you need to subscribe to watch this"
and says I need to pay $24.00 (incidentally, the stream is $24.99, not $24.00).

I messaged them and they said the link will appear at 7pm. OK, so why am I getting an error saying
I haven't paid? And why wait until the very last possible second to make a working link?

They had a month to make this process smooth and easy, but I'm not even sure
it's gonna be functional.

If it's an actual iframe, real deal, you might have a CORS problem because browsers no longer trust them by default (rightfully so). It sounds like you're on one or those shady sites that use AWS as middleware authentication via a hyperlink plus a _SHARED_ cookie hosted off of some Chinese CDN, which is horrible but explains your issue. It has to be something like that because obviously there is no communication between those 2 sites without a 3rd party of some sort.

Since you have some time to waste, maybe prep an XSS and see if you get a "golden break". For what it's worth, it sounds like you can share this stream.

Good Luck!

P.S. the link, in my opinion, should never appear. If it does, then you could potentially hammer the streaming server
Obviously a redirect would solve that, but these 2 sites don't seem up to speed currently, so it's a safe default.... don't sweat that (but maybe consider you're jockeying a potential XSS vuln).

Last edited:

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
If it's an actual iframe, real deal, you might have a CORS problem because browsers no longer trust them by default (rightfully so). It sounds like you're on one or those shady sites that use AWS as middleware authentication via a hyperlink plus a _SHARED_ cookie hosted off of some Chinese CDN, which is horrible but explains your issue. It has to be something like that because obviously there is no communication between those 2 sites without a 3rd party of some sort.

Since you have some time to waste, maybe prep an XSS and see if you get a "golden break". For what it's worth, it sounds like you can share this stream.

Good Luck!

P.S. the link, in my opinion, should never appear. If it does, then you could potentially hammer the streaming server
Obviously a redirect would solve that, but these 2 sites don't seem up to speed currently, so it's a safe default.... don't sweat that (but maybe consider you're jockeying a potential XSS vuln).

Yes, what he said :eek::grin:

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good Luck!

You may be extremely smart, but you're not smart enough to know that 99.9% of people cannot understand what you're saying lol

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not only don't I understand what he said.....I'll pass and watch the one pocket instead.

Why on God's Green Earth would they a make a pool match so difficult to stream???

idiots........................

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may be extremely smart, but you're not smart enough to know that 99.9% of people cannot understand what you're saying lol

None of that makes me smart, it's just a When in Rome thing. Given 5 minutes, I think any anyone would understand it given first hand direction. I know jack all about plumbing. but I bet there is plumbers that can explain any given situation within 5 minutes of guidance. It was directed at the OP who seems to be in this particular know.

Honestly, regardless of who understands, everyone should take away the same thing; that this stream can potentially be hijacked by a man in the middle style hustle. (I think there was something similar in the Color of Money called 2 brothers or something).

Anyways, it isn't good to pay for a live event not feeling certain that you'll get to experience that live event. Maybe the site should at least put up a "You've been seated. Curtain at 7pm, enjoy the concessions."... or something to reassure confidence.

Last edited:

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Us pool junkies have 25 bucks burning a hole in our pocket.....we are begging this moron to take it....and they do this dumb shit.....

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Thanks for the instructions. I wasn't aware that they had a different streaming website. Not mentioned anywhere on the website where you pay.

Hopefully around 7pm the magic link manages to appear and we can all watch!

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
cheers for the suggestion, Cron. It's a lil over my head but I am generally familiar with XSS and
man-in-middle attacks.

I'm not really worried from a security standpoint (though maybe they need to),
I'm just worried that it won't work at all, securely or not.

I'm gambling 25 bucks that it will. If it works and is decent quality, it's worth it.
But if I miss ten racks fumbling with authentication and payment problems, I'll be requesting a refund.

I'm hoping they're taking some feedback, I noticed they at least made the tiny login link bigger.

They replied to my last message saying that I can watch by going to rackem.tv and logging in there.
But I still get the "you haven't paid" message.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’m gonna pass on this if people that know more than me are having trouble.
I even had trouble looking up a billiard room in Madison ‘cause they were grilling.
...playing hard to get makes them hard to want.

I’ll stick to POV, OTR, and Big Truck...I can train a house pet to watch their streams.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cheers for the suggestion, Cron. It's a lil over my head but I am generally familiar with XSS and
man-in-middle attacks.

I'm not really worried from a security standpoint (though maybe they need to),
I'm just worried that it won't work at all, securely or not.

I'm gambling 25 bucks that it will. If it works and is decent quality, it's worth it.
But if I miss ten racks fumbling with authentication and payment problems, I'll be requesting a refund.

I'm hoping they're taking some feedback, I noticed they at least made the tiny login link bigger.

They replied to my last message saying that I can watch by going to rackem.tv and logging in there.
But I still get the "you haven't paid" message.

Creedo Creedo Creedo! We've talked about this buddy! You know how the Billiard world is, this is par for the course. With that said, I truly hope these noobs get their S together so you get what you more than paid for.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Well you are good for the game. Say, is that SVB with your added horse head? :wink:

confirm haha. If shane loses I will make a new avatar with Shaw and the horse head.
Or something fun anyway.

edit: still waiting for some reply or assurance that I can watch even though the website claims I still haven't paid,
even though I already have :/

Over/under on the number of racks I will miss dealing with it?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn, you guys are letting one guy decide for you that the stream will be too complicated for you to sign up and watch, before there is even one issue.

:rotflmao1:

TheRanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've paid for the stream twice and currently have a "Stream Offline" message

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk