View Single Post
Old
  (#20)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-16-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
It was 5 groups of 6.

I'm sure DP thinks they had good reasons for not altering the 7-day format (the "promise" that entrants would get to play at least 4 or 5 matches; schedules already made by players, administrators, guests, and spectators; the "need" to allow for the HOF dinner; etc). But, to me, taking 7 days for this is excessive. Just think how much in time and expenses could have been saved by doing it more efficiently.

And if we had a way of holding a true, well funded professional world 14.1 championship, many of the players in this year's event (as in the past events) would not even be eligible because of skill level. But that's not the way the pool world is today, so maybe we should just be happy that we have this event, and a couple other events, showcasing at least some of the best 14.1 players.

Regrettably, I have seen this stunt for years, pulled off by various promoters.

They setup an event knowing very well that they will never get a full field and then create a hostage situation, keeping all the players prisoners for a ridiculous amount of time.

Lou Figueroa