Y'all ever had "In Transit, Arriving Late" message from USPS?

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Late, lost, damaged, miss routed, weather delay, could be one of many things.
If you bought something notify the retailer once late and put it in their hands.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
That seems to be their new way of saying your San Diego to LA shipment went by way of Chicago without being specific like they used to. I've had it sever times recently but haven't seen the blatant details of misdirected packages shown since that phrase started showing up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had of these a few weeks ago. The delivery arrived a week later. Good luck!

On a side note, I know the US Post Office is generally less expensive than UPS or FedEx, but the level of service and tracking information is FAR superior and in my opinion, ALWAYS worth the extra $$$. Stay away from the Post Office!!

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree with Aaron that the tracking with FedEx and UPS it's far superior to u.s. postal

I've had maybe a half dozen of these package going to arrive late notices in the last year or two and they all did eventually come in I don't think anywhere more than a week past the estimated delivery date

Other than MD lousy tracking I've actually had good luck with packages being delivered safely

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've generally had very good luck with the USPS. There was one package from Colorado that I checked the tracking on and it was in Hawaii. A recent package was mailed at some kind of mail boxes store and although it was carried by USPS it was never entered into the tracking system -- it just showed up one morning.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Is it always delayed or does it just say that if they don't scan it?

I think it's a combo of reasons. Had 2 packages recently both predicted to be earlier than what eBay guaranteed by but them got the message saying it's in transit but late. But doesn't seem to get scanned anymore whenever it hits a new area. Just see a scan when it leaves and when it arrives at my post office.

drlouis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, on cue recently. It was way late (like a week to 10 days late) but did show up in good condition.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Says the same expected date but I'm reading online that it could mean it's lost
How many days late are you talking about? Stuff happens - a few days later than expected is common, but if it's been a week or more overdue you should look in to it.