Derby City Classic 2008 - who's coming?

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be there for the nine ball portion this year. I went last year for the first 4-5 days. Until last year I had only been there for the 2nd week. I noticed a difference between the the first 4-5 days and the last in terms of matching up. Although there was quite a bit of gambling going on the last 4-5 days were much better in previous trips to DCC.

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I booked my room two weeks ago and could not get the room I wanted, so they are starting to get a lot of bookings. I would not miss this for almost anything, I just love it, 24 hours a day action. The resturant is another story, just have to deal with it, don't think it will get any better. I don't think they are used to that many customers that hit them all at once.

Tim5000

Silver Member
poolandpokerman said:
The resturant is another story, just have to deal with it, don't think it will get any better. I don't think they are used to that many customers that hit them all at once.

You would think they have some experience with large crowds. After all, the amusement park is just 50' away, plus the Kentucky Derby crowd. I don't think there's much hope for the restaurant though. Year after year it's the same old, same old. But I'll still eat there cause I never want to leave the action long enough to go crusing for another place.

bomber

Jeopardy Is My Road Game
Silver Member
I guess I will take the 15 minute drive over there a time or two! LOL Sorry, but I had to gloat...Im glad I moved to Louisville. You will catch me over at the DCC a ton.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I just booked my room tonight for the 9 ball event. I will be there the 9th thru the 12th. I look forward to donating to a few of you.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Cornerman said:
I will be there from Saturday 1/5 to Saturday 1/12.

I'll still be organizing the voting for the DCC '08 Louis Roberts Action & Entertainment Award. http://www.onepocket.org/LouisRobertsAward2007.htm

Fred
And I will be buying you Coors Light again...........when you are not buying me Miller Lite.:) I look forward to DCC all year long and I wish I could stay for the whole thing. I am jelaous.:mad:

gpeezy

for sale!
Ktown D said:
I just booked my room tonight for the 9 ball event. I will be there the 9th thru the 12th. I look forward to donating to a few of you.
I'll take a few donations. First I wanna beer.

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
If I'm in the country at the time, I'll try to make it this year. I still haven't looked at my calendar yet.

Chris Byrne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am going for a few days, I don't know dates just yet. I hope to have a few cues with me but I don't know if I will or not. Chris.

JohnInNH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DCC - Who is coming

Hi Roy,

This is my 5th year and I wouldn't miss it, it's the best tournament of the year by far, I'll be there on the 4th through the 12th.:)

See you there.

John

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I am not a player by any stretch of the imagination but...... if any AZ'ers want to play some cheap races while I am there I will be happy to play some for 50 or 100. GPeezy can vouch for me I am nothing special but I like to gamble a little. I will be there for the last 4 days and I don't mind playing a little with you guys so let me know if you want to play some.

I look forward to meeting a few of you there.

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just reserved a room for 4th thru 12th....the desk told me only 2 rooms left at this time! The price has gone up this year as well....$105 per night. Don't know if I'll be there Friday, but expect to get there Monday, and will stay through Saturday. Didn't spend more than 2 hours total at the AZ room last year....maybe more this year, anyway count me in for $ support.
See you in January!