Votes: 43 60.6%
  • Non laminated LD shaft

Votes: 9 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thelmstetter

Tomcat
Silver Member
What type of shaft do you prefer. I thought it might be interesting to see the types of shafts people are playing with.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats a weird question. I would prefer a solid shaft, and voted as such. I play with a 314-2 however. If I could find a solid shaft that had the same squirt characteristics as the predator, I would be all about getting one or three.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Wooden ones made by Bob Frey or Tim Scruggs with my custom taper which I'm fortunate to have a nice group of. They don't have a fancy name you'd normally find on a car turbocharger but they get it done nicely.

thelmstetter

Tomcat
Silver Member
Thats a weird question. I would prefer a solid shaft, and voted as such. I play with a 314-2 however. If I could find a solid shaft that had the same squirt characteristics as the predator, I would be all about getting one or three.
I have went back to playing with a solid maple shaft after years of playing with a laminated shaft. I am like you... I love the feel of a solid shaft but also want the lower squirt. I am wondering how many actually play with a standard shaft because they like the feel of a solid shaft over the laminated.

thelmstetter

Tomcat
Silver Member
Wooden ones made by Bob Frey or Tim Scruggs with my custom taper which I'm fortunate to have a nice group of. They don't have a fancy name you'd normally find on a car turbocharger but they get it done nicely.
I have a Scruggs too.... Great player!

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have all 3 types in your poll and like each one. I play with the Mezz WX700 the most, then the 314-2.

danho97

Registered
I used to play with a z2 but the new 314-3 has really surprised me. So far, it has gone against all the stigma of being a "dead, hollow" feeling shaft like its predecessor, the 314-2. It has a lot more feel and definitely feels more solid while still keeping that LD performance we all love. I currently have a Moori medium which i absolutely despise and will be changing it to a G2 soon. But even then, the shaft performs well. Next favorite shaft would have to be the Mezz WX-700, followed by the OB-classic.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have played with both the Predator & OB but went back to a solid maple. Probably played a tad better with the LD's but just get too much pleasure from the the sweet feeling of the of a well hit ball with the solid maple. Fortunately my cue maker has a fantastic source of shaft wood and his taper is the best for me. Not all of his shafts are the milky white that many look for but there is a lot of good things to say about some darker wood even those that have "sugar." Hit is all.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
I play standard maple shafts. There is a lack of feel with LD shafts I cannot abide. Like they have no soul, hollow.

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hows the deflection in maple shaft? so much bad?
Who among the professional player using a solid maple shaft?