2014 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
So, I just got another comment on this run, back from July, so I thought I'd better be a good 14.1 citizen and ask for this 112 to be added to da list. Tanks to one and all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRNPz_CEszE

Lou Figueroa

Nice shooting Lou !!

You were shooting at a nice pace, nothing really over thought !!

The balls seemed to be opening up rather nicely.

I didn't particularly care for your shot selection in the last rack. Especially when you let the cue ball get away and then you were forced to shoot away the perfect breakball going up table.

Again real nice shooting !!

Steve

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shooting Lou !!

You were shooting at a nice pace, nothing really over thought !!

The balls seemed to be opening up rather nicely.

I didn't particularly care for your shot selection in the last rack. Especially when you let the cue ball get away and then you were forced to shoot away the perfect breakball going up table.

Again real nice shooting !!

Steve

Thanks, Steve. Yeah, things got away from me the last rack. It happens :) But after recovering I can't believe I missed a relatively easy break shot, damn it.

Lou Figueroa

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Just finished the year off with a 72 ball run, not my high for the year thought I was gonna beat it just as the ball was dropping.... Lol

I'm now on a quest to beat my HR in 2015, hitting them pretty solid tonight

Steve

jayrox

Toxic Moose
Silver Member
Only started playing Straight Pool about 6 months ago. Started when I downloaded the Straight Pool Scoring App (thanks for that). Still not sure if we are playing it 100% correctly, but had my high run of 22 on Christmas Eve (day) in a newly initiated Christmas tradition with a friend/team-mate.

Jason

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had a 59 yesterday in league. It was not perfect straight pool, and included the following break shots.

The one from the head spot was a favorite of Irving Crane's and requires you to get an accurate angle on the shot. As shown I was about four inches off -- it's better to have about a half-ball cut. I managed to hit the top two balls and come out to the center of the table which is how Irv used to play it. As long as you have good outside english the shot is nearly automatic.

For the other shot I managed to avoid my usual tendency of over-spinning the ball and missing the rack.
View attachment 344874

Break shot #2 is awesome when properly executed.
I refereed a match where Mizerak had almost that exact position.
His cueball exploded off the rail into the top of the rack and spread the balls for an easy run.
Miz's power stroke was a thing of beauty.