Evan Clarke -vs- Bob Runde ...And Schon Cues

henrylr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies. Was ivory used for the inlaid diamonds or butt cap on sl series cues?
And what type of splice if any was used?

Thanks,
henrylr

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies. Was ivory used for the inlaid diamonds or butt cap on sl series cues?
And what type of splice if any was used?

Thanks,
henrylr
Short splice. Diamond inlays could be ivory. Not the buttcap.

henrylr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks again. The only markings on the cue is Schon on the butt cap and the shaft. Did schon put any other markings, maybe under the rubber bumper?

Thanks,
henrylr

henrylr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did the style of how Schon was engraved on the butt change over time? If so can it help determine when a cue was made?

Thanks,
henrylr

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did the style of how Schon was engraved on the butt change over time? If so can it help determine when a cue was made?

Thanks,
henrylr
It did change over the years. Don't know any dates. SL's were mid-90's. That's about close as you're gonna get. Schon didn't keep detailed records like that.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Thanks again. The only markings on the cue is Schon on the butt cap and the shaft. Did schon put any other markings, maybe under the rubber bumper?

Thanks,
henrylr

'92 and earlier the shafts were unmarked.
'93 shafts were marked on the collar with SCHON and the tip diameter in mm.
'94 and later shafts were marked Schon in script above the collar, parallel to the shaft.

The marking on the butt cap changed several times, the size, the style of the S, umlaut over the O or not, gold lettering or black.

Also, different pins were used that may help.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

I have one of those cues with an unusual pin. My butt will not accept most Schon shafts other than those made with my cue. Evan didn't mention anything unusual about my butt when I spoke with him at SBE a few years ago. Dave Jacoby seemed to remember Schon used a few "custom" pins during the period after Runde and Clarke parted ways. Can not be absolutely sure of this. Had Brandon Jacoby do some work for me as I could not get Schon to answer the phone or answer an e-mail.

Lyn

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member

Thanks,
henrylr

'92 and earlier the shafts were unmarked.
'93 shafts were marked on the collar with SCHON and the tip diameter in mm.
'94 and later shafts were marked Schon in script above the collar, parallel to the shaft.

The marking on the butt cap changed several times, the size, the style of the S, umlaut over the O or not, gold lettering or black.

First,I am not trying to spread any misinformation, I'm
only repeating what I was told about 2 of my Schons.
The one on top I was told is an R-1 ordered with nickel rings instead of stitch rings ,that's why the script is
different. The one on the bottom with
the different looking pin was only used for 1 year and
that was 91 or 92 I was told. The shafts between my Schon are not all interchangeable but I can't remember which ones and which way, I have more than 2 Schons. 20191005_062730.jpg

20191005_062904.jpg