Where would Vincent be today?

IntoTheRail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching The Color of Money last night and the scene when they first go on the road and Eddie is briefly speaking of how he was involuntarily retired from pool, got me thinking. If there were a sequel made today, where do you think the Vincent character would be in his life? He went through quite a character transformation in the movie, it would be interesting to see what happened to him over the next 27 years. Tom Cruise was 24 years old in the original so if you go off of his age that would make Vincent 51 years old today. What would he be doing at that ripe young age? I dont think many would have guessed Fast Eddie to become a liquor salesman but it actually played quite well in the movie.

I would like to think that he and Eddie made amends and went on to make loads of cash together. Maybe opened up a room where they spot a new young hotshot that is primed for pool greatness...with the right guidance of course. The possibilities are endless but just wanted to throw it out there and see what everyone though. So....what say you?

dakraljic

Banned
Vincent???
He is probably at another Scientology convension !!!
Or he just came back from one and now he practices their drills !!!
Hope I helped you somehow!
:wink::wink::wink::wink::)

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great imaginative thread!!

I would say Vincent played a few more years in tournaments, but then got burned out as quickly as he ascended. He would never make a career pool player anyway, despite his hugely innate talents for the game. He ended up going into the military as that was his REAL dream in life. He became a career officer in he U.S. Navy and became a true gentleman.

He split with his girlfriend, Carmen, right as he went into the military and she became so infatuated with the pool scene that she became a backer and ended up doing well stake horsing. Although she never became a player herself, she learned the ins and outs of pool and eventually became Director of the World Pool Association.

By the way, I think we all would like to know who won the "grudge match"—(race to 9) at the end of the movie, right?
>Well, nobody technically because they stopped after the fifth game. The score was 3-2 Fast Eddie in the lead.
>Right before Fast Eddie was ready to break the 6th game he paused, stood up, and then began to break down his cue. He realized at that moment that he COULD compete with Vincent and therefore didn't need to prove himself for the money.
>Vincent understood this and said nothing.
>But what about the money? Well, nobody really wanted it. But before Fast Eddie walked out of the room with his woman he looked at Carmen so as to tell her to take the money and to "make sure Vincent is looked after."

Everyone at the end was a winner......................

How's THAT for an epilogue???

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Unlike about Eddie, Burt would have been right about Vince, he was a loser. A very good shooter with no good character & no real brains. What's her name would have eventually dumped him & he would probably have gotten his hands split wide open & would have wound up stocking shelves for Eddie. That is, after Eddie won Atlantic City the following year.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
As much as I don't watch anything with Tom Cruise in it since COM, I always thought another pool movie would come out of it. It really was a boom for pool I have to admit...no mater how silly he looked in the part. It got 1000's of mainstreamers involved in pool. Pool halls were popping up in every town. Johnnyt

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
I was watching The Color of Money last night and the scene when they first go on the road and Eddie is briefly speaking of how he was involuntarily retired from pool, got me thinking. If there were a sequel made today, where do you think the Vincent character would be in his life? He went through quite a character transformation in the movie, it would be interesting to see what happened to him over the next 27 years. Tom Cruise was 24 years old in the original so if you go off of his age that would make Vincent 51 years old today. What would he be doing at that ripe young age? I dont think many would have guessed Fast Eddie to become a liquor salesman but it actually played quite well in the movie.

I would like to think that he and Eddie made amends and went on to make loads of cash together. Maybe opened up a room where they spot a new young hotshot that is primed for pool greatness...with the right guidance of course. The possibilities are endless but just wanted to throw it out there and see what everyone though. So....what say you?

i would like to see a remake of COM using some of todays stars in the cast and please no BB.

IntoTheRail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great imaginative thread!!

I would say Vincent played a few more years in tournaments, but then got burned out as quickly as he ascended. He would never make a career pool player anyway, despite his hugely innate talents for the game. He ended up going into the military as that was his REAL dream in life. He became a career officer in he U.S. Navy and became a true gentleman.

He split with his girlfriend, Carmen, right as he went into the military and she became so infatuated with the pool scene that she became a backer and ended up doing well stake horsing. Although she never became a player herself, she learned the ins and outs of pool and eventually became Director of the World Pool Association.

By the way, I think we all would like to know who won the "grudge match"—(race to 9) at the end of the movie, right?
>Well, nobody technically because they stopped after the fifth game. The score was 3-2 Fast Eddie in the lead.
>Right before Fast Eddie was ready to break the 6th game he paused, stood up, and then began to break down his cue. He realized at that moment that he COULD compete with Vincent and therefore didn't need to prove himself for the money.
>Vincent understood this and said nothing.
>But what about the money? Well, nobody really wanted it. But before Fast Eddie walked out of the room with his woman he looked at Carmen so as to tell her to take the money and to "make sure Vincent is looked after."

Everyone at the end was a winner......................

How's THAT for an epilogue???

lol the first part of this sounds like he walked out of the color of money and it turned into Top Gun.

I do like the Carmen angle though. That could make for a very interesting flick right there.

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
Unlike the Hustler the sequel to COM would have been more like an episode of Intervention without a happy ending.

Vincent and Carmen would end up in rough times. Vince a crack dependent bum and eventually beaten to death in a back alley over a bad drug deal. Carmen would try her hand at prostitution ending up strung out on heroin and eventually overdosing in a John's hotel room after being used as a "sock puppet."

Eddie would eventually be overcome by alcoholism and dying of a rotted liver and his bartender/bar owner love interest in the movie would end up selling all his stuff and dying a lonely death in a trailer park in Detroit.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
He would have taken the Balabushka to Valley Forge where I would have broken the news to him that it was a Joss. Told him the value went from 15k to 1k and he would have quit pool to race cars and marry Nicole Kidman. :p

Where he would have lost to Ricky Bobby. :thumbup:

JV

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unlike the Hustler the sequel to COM would have been more like an episode of Intervention without a happy ending.

Vincent and Carmen would end up in rough times. Vince a crack dependent bum and eventually beaten to death in a back alley over a bad drug deal. Carmen would try her hand at prostitution ending up strung out on heroin and eventually overdosing in a John's hotel room after being used as a "sock puppet."

Eddie would eventually be overcome by alcoholism and dying of a rotted liver and his bartender/bar owner love interest in the movie would end up selling all his stuff and dying a lonely death in a trailer park in Detroit.

I responded to soon..you had me rolling with the above script..man.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carmen dumped Vincent for a mature guy with a real job. Vincent didn`t handle the breakup very well, he began drinking, he`s game suffered and he evntually found a dead end job, playing pool in a dive with shitty bar box tables on weekends while hanging out with he`s friend Jack Daniels and on paydays a ghetto hooker and some blow!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He would be grinding it out and devastated Bonus Ball didn't pan out, then announce his retirement on a popular online pool forum.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member

Excellent. Not only is this in keeping with the characters it is no doubt very close to the truth, were it real life. Well done, desertshark. :)

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vince joined a band in the late 1980's

In 2013 the movie opens with Vince as an American Idol Judge :thumbup:

Attachments

• tom.jpg
    tom.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 350

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The sequel would have been about Vincent and his girlfriends child prodigy televangelist.
The movie would have ended with a 3 way shootout between Vincent the mother and the kid because they all counted "funny".