Titlist Conversion Cost

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
After researching I think if/when I have my 50's Titlist Hoppe PRO converted I want to have it done by Jerry -R-. Does anyone have any idea on cost or any other recommendations other than -R- that wont break the bank? I'm kinda on the fence because the cue was originally customized with added 3 ball rings above and below the joint and is in amazing condition with 1 original shaft and 2 shafts that were made in the 70's to match. Almost wondering if it is worth keeping original as everybody converts these now. THx

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
After researching I think if/when I have my 50's Titlist Hoppe PRO converted I want to have it done by Jerry -R-. Does anyone have any idea on cost or any other recommendations other than -R- that wont break the bank? I'm kinda on the fence because the cue was originally customized with added 3 ball rings above and below the joint and is in amazing condition with 1 original shaft and 2 shafts that were made in the 70's to match. Almost wondering if it is worth keeping original as everybody converts these now. THx

Keep it original, get it refinished.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Whose the man to refinish a 50's Titlist. I don't think I can bring myself to convert it. This cue was used for years by a guy named Dick to play Terry Romine and Willie Munson in Milwaukee. He got it new in 57 for $16 and had it upgraded for a additional $18 with a Ivory Cue ball hoppe ring, 3 ball rings above and below the joint and a nylon wrap. 2 additional shafts were made about 10-15 years later by Mcdermott.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Whose the man to refinish a 50's Titlist. I don't think I can bring myself to convert it. This cue was used for years by a guy named Dick to play Terry Romine and Willie Munson in Milwaukee. He got it new in 57 for $16 and had it upgraded for a additional $18 with a Ivory Cue ball hoppe ring, 3 ball rings above and below the joint and a nylon wrap. 2 additional shafts were made about 10-15 years later by Mcdermott.

Scot Sherbine at Proficient Billiards is the man for the job, IMHO. He's reasonable, great turnaround time, and does great work.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Steve Klapp handles tons of antique Brunswick cues, including my Carom King. The finish is the best in the industry.

www.klappcustomcues.com - 309.361.7162

Call him and let him know you want a refinish his prices are jaw-droppingly low. $150 for a wrapless or leather wrap refinish $125 for linen, if I recall.

YubaCushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scot Sherbine at Proficient Billiards is the man for the job, IMHO. He's reasonable, great turnaround time, and does great work.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4

Scot is hands down the choice for every cue on the planet, except for one.
Brunswick. Until Jerry is dead, he owns it.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also say Scott . I have had work , in the past with him , he does wonders , and price is best . Jim

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
OK, So am I understanding correct, Jerry -R- for a conversion and Scott for a restore? THx

YubaCushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, So am I understanding correct, Jerry -R- for a conversion and Scott for a restore? THx

If it's a Brunswick send it to Jerry, for anything.
If it is anything other than a Bruswick send it to Scot.
If Jerry is gone send everything to Scot, until he is gone.
After that were fu*ked.

ADAM HENSON

---🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟--
Silver Member
Conversion for me, if I wanted it for a player, original to put in a glass cabinet on the wall, either way, it's a nice one to have.. ;)

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Thinking Glass

Conversion for me, if I wanted it for a player, original to put in a glass cabinet on the wall, either way, it's a nice one to have.. ;)

If I recall, I asked if converting a titlist or having a new blank built would make a better playing cue? I think Eric Crisp said a new build would be superior, which "stands to reason". Technology must be more advanced now. Better question, if Eric builds the shafts for both and the cues were the same butt size and taper how would you know the difference? There is at least one way.

pookster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I recall, I asked if converting a titlist or having a new blank built would make a better playing cue? I think Eric Crisp said a new build would be superior, which "stands to reason". Technology must be more advanced now. Better question, if Eric builds the shafts for both and the cues were the same butt size and taper how would you know the difference? There is at least one way.

you'll know the different just by looking at the veneers but hits...you gotta hit with them cause that's the only way to find out the different.GL brother

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Opinion Pook?

you'll know the different just by looking at the veneers but hits...you gotta hit with them cause that's the only way to find out the different.GL brother

Don't you think the new build would hit better than a converted titlist butt with same shaft?

pookster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't you think the new build would hit better than a converted titlist butt with same shaft?

That's depend on what kind of set up? Joint,tip,pin and more! like I say...you have to hit with to find out cause you can't never ever predict how the cue would hit when it finish brother and believe me I own over 100 cues in my life and I'm still searching.Not that I'm picky but it's just my stupidity and sickness