High run 51

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ran 51, to beat my previous record of 50. I can not believe I missed the 52nd ball! Wacky game

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ran 51, to beat my previous record of 50. I can not believe I missed the 52nd ball! Wacky game

Funny how that is. I still remember the shot and circumstances when I missed during my high run. 6 ball, corner pocket, easy shot...NOT.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been playing for over 60 years, I think i ran
a few more than that one time

I have tried for months to run 30 balls and usually get less than 15

you should be very proud of your accomplishment

dean

Cary

Registered
I have been playing for over 60 years, I think i ran
a few more than that one time

I have tried for months to run 30 balls and usually get less than 15

you should be very proud of your accomplishment

dean

In 1966, when I was 18, I ran 100 in practice and stopped. A few days later I ran 65 playing for a dollar a ball ( the guy paid me with his Paradise cue---wish I still had it). I then quit pool entirely for nearly 20 years and started over in the mid 80's. By then nobody was playing 14.1 but I did get so I could run 2-3 racks of 9 ball (a 5 pack once) and managed a high run of 35 in practice. In '91 I quit again, for 15 years. This time it's not coming back. Still, some days I play well for a few games and then lose it again. At 71 my high run is 15 in practice and I'm too embarrassed to count anymore.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In 1966, when I was 18, I ran 100 in practice and stopped. A few days later I ran 65 playing for a dollar a ball ( the guy paid me with his Paradise cue---wish I still had it). I then quit pool entirely for nearly 20 years and started over in the mid 80's. By then nobody was playing 14.1 but I did get so I could run 2-3 racks of 9 ball (a 5 pack once) and managed a high run of 35 in practice. In '91 I quit again, for 15 years. This time it's not coming back. Still, some days I play well for a few games and then lose it again. At 71 my high run is 15 in practice and I'm too embarrassed to count anymore.
Sounds like I'm nearly 10 years younger than yourself, but at 62, I'm feeling the same frustration as you describe. Since recovering from successful shoulder replacement surgery 3 years ago, which has allowed me to play pain free for the first time in many years, I've gone at it as hard as my time allows (12-15 hours a week over 4-5 sessions), but the results are just not coming.

Roughly 5 years ago, even with my shoulder bothering me, I used to never quit a late night 14.1 solo practice session until I ran 3 racks (42 balls). Then a couple years ago (post surgery) it changed to 2 racks (28 balls), and now it's down to 1 rack (14 balls), otherwise I'd be up all night trying! I just can't figure out what's happened to my game. I'm now capable of missing any shot at any given time, no matter how easy. That never used to happen before. I did have a 42 ball run on our 10-foot table at the very beginning of this year, which was very encouraging, but since then I don't think I've run more than 28 balls, even on a 9-footer.

Last edited:

Cary

Registered
Sounds like I'm nearly 10 years younger than yourself, but at 62, I'm feeling the same frustration as you describe. Since recovering from successful shoulder replacement surgery 3 years ago, which has allowed me to play pain free for the first time in many years, I've gone at it as hard as my time allows (12-15 hours a week over 4-5 sessions), but the results are just not coming.

Roughly 5 years ago, even with my shoulder bothering me, I used to never quit a late night 14.1 solo practice session until I ran 3 racks (42 balls). Then a couple years ago (post surgery) it changed to 2 racks (28 balls), and now it's down to 1 rack (14 balls), otherwise I'd be up all night trying! I just can't figure out what's happened to my game. I'm now capable of missing any shot at any given time, no matter how easy. That never used to happen before. I did have a 42 ball run on our 10-foot table at the very beginning of this year, which was very encouraging, but since then I don't think I've run more than 28 balls, even on a 9-footer.

I've come to believe what should have seemed obvious. I our (generally speaking) younger days we could rely on steady nerves, strong primary and secondary muscles, better eyesight, and better fine motor skills. All of these combined allowed us to do many things predominately by instinct or natural abilities. No so much as you age. I've gone back to basics and by that I mean studying book techniques, learning a stroke all over again, learning to actually aim vs point & shoot. It seems to be helping my consistency at ball pocketing. Now if I could regain the ability to stay focused.....