Another cue question: Viking or Cuetec?

JackOfNoTrades

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, new to forum but have lurked for quite a while. Have played pool on and off for years. Never been good to speak of, but I absolutely love the game. I’m finally getting a table at home (8’ (9’ won’t fit)).

Anyway, I’m looking for a decent cue I can call my own for around $300-$350. Am looking at something low deflection with maybe a Ki-Tech tip. This is all from what I’ve been reading. So I’m thinking Viking (ViKore) or Cuetec (R360), or maybe another brand that I don’t know about yet that’s got low deflection and is in my price range.

Any help greatly appreciated!

ETA: also looking at a Lucasi Zero Flex cue.

Last edited:

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I were starting out in 2019, I would get one of the SVB carbon fiber cue. If you can buy once and be done, you will have spent a lot less than most AZers.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

JackOfNoTrades

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I were starting out in 2019, I would get one of the SVB carbon fiber cue. If you can buy once and be done, you will have spent a lot less than most AZers.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I’d love that, but if I spent that much, the Mrs. would be very unhappy. Which of course means I’d be very unhappy.

I’m not terribly far from Kincaid Billiards in Middle TN, so I suppose I’ll take a day and drive up there and knock some balls around with various cues in my price range. I’m pretty sure they don’t let you chalk them though. If I ran a store like that I wouldn’t want people coming in and chalking my inventory cues either. Regardless, I suppose I can get a feel for the cues, even though this will be my first personal pool cue and I don’t really have something to compare against other than the various and sundry pool hall cues.

Anyway thank you for responding. I suppose folks get annoyed with these newbie questions so I appreciate your throwing me a bone.

JackOfNoTrades

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wound up with a Poison Arsenic 3 1.

The design appeals to my ‘minimalist’ nature, plus I’m used to house/bar cues so I’m used to plain wood grip. I’m by no means a pro but so far I love it.

Anyway thanks for responding. I know y’all get tired of threads like this :grin:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wound up with a Poison Arsenic 3 1.

The design appeals to my ‘minimalist’ nature, plus I’m used to house/bar cues so I’m used to plain wood grip. I’m by no means a pro but so far I love it.

Anyway thanks for responding. I know y’all get tired of threads like this :grin:

thats nice looking cue.
Enjoy.