Any Daz vs earl updates?

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not when it's an overreaction.

i understand what you think you would have done, but you were not actually there.
those who have not been attendance when earl is melting down have no idea what the situation is like.
No one was having fun with it.
insults get shouted, tempers flare, believe me it immediately escalates to a level where just about everyone in the room is either pi$$ed off or uncomfortable.

No one was doing anything to cause the situation except earl.
I can gaurentee you that any spectator that would have purposely been causing distraction for either player would have been dealt with very quickly by chad, the owner of the venue & sponsor of the event.

leaving an event because you are not enjoying it for whatever reason is not an over reaction.

the sponsors of the event want it to go smoothly because they have a lot at stake.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i understand what you think you would have done, but you were not actually there.
those who have not been attendance when earl is melting down have no idea what the situation is like.
No one was having fun with it.
insults get shouted, tempers flare, believe me it immediately escalates to a level where just about everyone in the room is either pi$$ed off or uncomfortable.

No one was doing anything to cause the situation except earl.
I can gaurentee you that any spectator that would have purposely been causing distraction for either player would have been dealt with very quickly by chad, the owner of the venue & sponsor of the event.

leaving an event because you are not enjoying it for whatever reason is not an over reaction.

the sponsors of the event want it to go smoothly because they have a lot at stake.

You know it is out of hand uncomfortable when the owner (Chad) takes the Mic for the sole purpose of apologizing to the fans for Earl's behavior. If you were there, you probably were not aware of that. Ive seen a lot of streams and never an apology like that.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Wow sorry I missed yesterday.
I sent Earl a tweet to cheer him up........We'll see how that works. :D

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl has a mental illness. Nothing anybody can say will make him think he's not being persecuted. It's a way he handles pressure now, albeit a dysfunctional way of handling it. He tries to get motivated by putting himself against the world. Under that pressure he typically cracks. He gives himself an excuse to lose. It's shameful behavior, but he cannot control it. If pool had a players union or major sponsor, his behavior could be regulated. Instead, sadly, we get a front row seat to watch a champion self destructing. I wish he had someone who could turn this around for him because he's incapable of doing it on his own.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl has a mental illness. Nothing anybody can say will make him think he's not being persecuted. It's a way he handles pressure now, albeit a dysfunctional way of handling it. He tries to get motivated by putting himself against the world. Under that pressure he typically cracks. He gives himself an excuse to lose. It's shameful behavior, but he cannot control it. If pool had a players union or major sponsor, his behavior could be regulated. Instead, sadly, we get a front row seat to watch a champion self destructing. I wish he had someone who could turn this around for him because he's incapable of doing it on his own.

His situation is not new-decades old. There have been quite a few who have tried to help him- some smart successful people among them. Hasn't worked obviously. Not sure anything would work as for the most part, as you imply, it really only surfaces significantly during matches. Many conditions like his worsen with age (e.g. Howard Hughes) which doesn't help. Additionally, I'm GUESSING anything that would work during pressure play would take his game down a notch.

Once again -just a know-nothing railbird's opinion.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
My understanding is in the rematch, they will play with no side pockets, straight jackets and ass weights. Earl is favored 3 -1 in the Action Room.

murdoc23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't it possible all of Earl's antics are completely calculated, and intentional in an effort to make his opponent uneasy and disrupt their momentum?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't it possible all of Earl's antics are completely calculated, and intentional in an effort to make his opponent uneasy and disrupt their momentum?

not one chance in a million. I have to assume you have never seen him more than a time or 2 or just lack perception.

Not to mention, he lost a $100k/yr sponsor due to his antics-wouldn't be a real good trade-off.

Last edited:

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I paid my 30 bucks to watch the match, not to watch earl rake 4 to 6 balls, I think they should have to shoot every ball, no matter what. jmo kj

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I paid my 30 bucks to watch the match, not to watch earl rake 4 to 6 balls, I think they should have to shoot every ball, no matter what. jmo kj

Yeah but what do you do when they still don't listen- disqualify them out and then give refunds to 600 people?

solutions are not easily found-earl has been threatened with everything.

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my understanding was that they did not have a rule for shooting every ball? I think they should have had one. But then again who says earl would follow that rule anyways!

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah but what do you do when they still don't listen- disqualify them out and then give refunds to 600 people?

solutions are not easily found-earl has been threatened with everything.

Solution is very easily found. Don't allow Earl to enter any event anymore. He is the sole reason there is no pro pool tour. Multiple TD's over the years have allowed Earl's antics inspite of the sponsors wanting that behavior controlled.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Solution is very easily found. Don't allow Earl to enter any event anymore. He is the sole reason there is no pro pool tour. Multiple TD's over the years have allowed Earl's antics inspite of the sponsors wanting that behavior controlled.[/QUOTE

He may have been a large part of the reason Camel bailed but that has almost no relevance as to why there is no tour today. Earl should have definitely been tossed from more events but barring him from entering is stickier than tossing him from my experience. That's all im gong to say on that.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He may have been a large part of the reason Camel bailed but that has almost no relevance as to why there is no tour today. Earl should have definitely been tossed from more events but barring him from entering is stickier than tossing him from my experience. That's all im gong to say on that.

So how many events should a person be allowed into and then disqualified out of before they're placed on a "do not allow" list?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
You have to hand it to Darren to be able to play through this. Although I am loath to use these things, I have to give him a big thumbs up for that. :eek:k:

Darren can get into a dark place himself but seems to handle these sort of antics better than most.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tough time reading?

Obviously you do have a problem reading. You said it's a sticky situation barring people from events. Well how many events does one need to be kicked out of for it to no longer be this "sticky situation"? It's any easy question to answer. If all the TD's were to be of proper ethical and moral standards and uphold their integrity, almost every event Earl enters now he would be kicked out of. But you're saying you'll accept his money for entering the tournament, and then kick him? That's more of a sticky situation than just barring him.

But yea lets take money from a person and then disqualify them over barring, that sounds more ethical to me.

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my understanding was that they did not have a rule for shooting every ball? I think they should have had one. But then again who says earl would follow that rule anyways!

The 10ball had to be the last ball played, no combos for the win just to get shape I guess. If that's what you mean. They weren't playing push if they didn't call safe and missed. which though was kind of the point of 10 ball. Other than the break of course.

Andy , not that sensitive