What ever happened to (insert pool player name here)?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am pleased that I don't have to ask what happened to Mike Davis.
You are a model pro, sir.

Visit more often

Pt, I couldn't agree more. Mike spent quite a bit of time around my area and for sure he is one of the nicest guys out there. And yes, with the way he conducts himself in and around pool the other pros could Definitely learn something from him.

Mike, it would be cool to see ya on here more often bro.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Barry Emerson

Here's Barry. I doubt that he ever looked back.

picture.php

JoeyA

You didn't ask but......

Barry Emerson was one of my favorite players when he played around the Louisiana/Mississippi area. He had this very unique grip that few players use but he could play well and always seemed to have an upbeat positive attitude.

Barry took up being a family man and has a beautiful family in Texas. I think he is still involved in pool a little bit, (occasionally playing in a tournament here or there) maybe recovering pool tables and perhaps another occupation that slips my mind, but the pool hustling seems to be a thing of the past and now he has a loving family to keep him happy and busy.

JoeyA

Hojokid33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Player

What ever happened to Michael Coltrain? Last time I saw him play was in a Viking tournament national championship about 10 years ago or so, I know back then he started to have some issue with his arm shaking or wrist or something .

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What ever happened to Michael Coltrain? Last time I saw him play was in a Viking tournament national championship about 10 years ago or so, I know back then he started to have some issue with his arm shaking or wrist or something .

Someone mentioned him earlier but the post is way back there in this thread.

Hojokid33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone mentioned him earlier but the post is way back there in this thread.

Yeah I saw in first couple posts, j/w if anyone knows what he's up 2. How about leil "jr" gay who last I heard 7-8 years ago was in Arizona on some Indian reservation or something?? And how about Ralph carnes?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you mean Gary French from the central California area? He's still around from what I understand.

No I think he is talking about the " backer, promoter, team putter togetherer " involved in all that drama recently. It was sarcasm I do believe.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
No I think he is talking about the " backer, promoter, team putter togetherer " involved in all that drama recently. It was sarcasm I do believe.

Half sarcasm....he was building a stable then the whole DO thing went down. Now what happened??? Did all the "signed" players bail or what?

RonRosas

Banned
Yes I still play but mostly teach cue stick control

Somehow I think Ron has more than one account on here - his name keeps coming up by new members and he posted a few times about how great he was.........makes me wonder if you're another of his accounts? Could be wrong

I am the one and only "Mexican Ron" Rosas. a legend in LA 9 ball. I beat them all.
never left LA sept a few times to vegas and reno or I would be a household name. I made more money in those days gambling, spoting pro's the 8 ball. I was married and my wife never liked me traveling, but ask anyone who came to LA in the late 70's to early 90's they had to get through me, the legend, Mexican Ron Rosas!11111111

Attachments

• 10445578_1428219067463537_7920834815047274602_n.jpg
    10445578_1428219067463537_7920834815047274602_n.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 800
  • IMG_180302366886056.jpg
    IMG_180302366886056.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 896
  • 1926902_1378028482482596_7735875710425054609_n.jpg
    1926902_1378028482482596_7735875710425054609_n.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 872
  • runouts.jpg
    runouts.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 806
  • 20140510_211943_1.jpg
    20140510_211943_1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,133

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somehow I think Ron has more than one account on here - his name keeps coming up by new members and he posted a few times about how great he was.........makes me wonder if you're another of his accounts? Could be wrong

There you go AGAIN...posting about how great WE are! LOL !!

Nice stat sheets to prove it too.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I am the one and only "Mexican Ron" Rosas. a legend in LA 9 ball. I beat them all.
never left LA sept a few times to vegas and reno or I would be a household name. I made more money in those days gambling, spoting pro's the 8 ball. I was married and my wife never liked me traveling, but ask anyone who came to LA in the late 70's to early 90's they had to get through me, the legend, Mexican Ron Rosas!11111111

Ron, if you would ease back on the sig line cluttering....and the self-agrandishment...
...you just might find out that a lot of other people will do your bragging for you.

I came back out on the road in the late seventies...but didn't go to the west coast this time....but I heard your name mentioned around gambling circles....
....it was spoken with respect.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call me honcho 818 826-8830
Ron Rosas
Hey Ron,

Curious question and please don't feel obligated to answer. I have always wondered how much a good pool gambler could make back in the glory days of pool. What was your biggest win for a single set?

I love reading stories about it. Watched earls and ronnie Allens stuff on YouTube. Planning on buying earls road stories dvd (too bad it isn't available for digital purchase)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Playin4Dinner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron, if you would ease back on the sig line cluttering....and the self-agrandishment...
...you just might find out that a lot of other people will do your bragging for you.

I came back out on the road in the late seventies...but didn't go to the west coast this time....but I heard your name mentioned around gambling circles....
....it was spoken with respect.

Come on pt... How can you not like that pic with Earl? That is awesome. Earl actually looks like his mind was intact back then. Anyway, I appreciate him being part of the forum regardless of intentions... Thanks for sharing Ron