What ever happened to (insert pool player name here)?

RonRosas

Banned
Bam! There he is!

Mexican Ronnie?

He was in the Los Angeles area in the 70-80's

Bam! "Mexican" Ron Rosas, the best shooter to ever hold a pool cue.
If my humble opinion. look at that playing field

Attachments

• 10445578_1428219067463537_7920834815047274602_n.jpg
    10445578_1428219067463537_7920834815047274602_n.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 702
  • runouts.jpg
    runouts.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 722
  • runout2.jpg
    runout2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 755
  • ron.jpg
    ron.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 697
  • user99552_pic15749_1441867391.jpg
    user99552_pic15749_1441867391.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 860

RonRosas

Banned
Bam! twelve Thousand in one night

Hey Ron,

Curious question and please don't feel obligated to answer. I have always wondered how much a good pool gambler could make back in the glory days of pool. What was your biggest win for a single set?

I love reading stories about it. Watched earls and ronnie Allens stuff on YouTube. Planning on buying earls road stories dvd (too bad it isn't available for digital purchase)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

in the late 70's and 80's I was rakin in anywhere betwixt $800 to $2000 a week on average! Not to mention free Ginacues, and whatnots,. there was only one "Mexican" Ron Rosas

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in the late 70's and 80's I was rakin in anywhere betwixt $800 to $2000 a week on average! Not to mention free Ginacues, and whatnots,. there was only one "Mexican" Ron Rosas

Using a inflation calculator for the year 1977, that would be like making between $3,251.20 - $8,128.00 a week today.

Not to mention what a vintage Ginacue is worth today!

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I saw in first couple posts, j/w if anyone knows what he's up 2. How about leil "jr" gay who last I heard 7-8 years ago was in Arizona on some Indian reservation or something?? And how about Ralph carnes?

Ralph Carnes decided to quit playing quite some time ago.
He came to a mutual friends funeral and said he was done with it.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched a young guy at the US Open 9 Ball the year Buddy won it.
Pieter Nielsen? sp
He looked like a potential future champion to me.
I haven't heard anything about him since.

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
I watched a young guy at the US Open 9 Ball the year Buddy won it.
Pieter Nielsen? sp
He looked like a potential future champion to me.
I haven't heard anything about him since.

Peter Nielsen, Danish Champion, did well in Europe. Was pro in Taiwan for a while until he got fed up and gave up pool. Is still around now and then, but not an active player anymore.

More important: Whatever happened to OMGWTF and her opponent Hair Dildo. Was fun reading about them :grin-square:

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carnes

Yeah I saw in first couple posts, j/w if anyone knows what he's up 2. How about leil "jr" gay who last I heard 7-8 years ago was in Arizona on some Indian reservation or something?? And how about Ralph carnes?

Ralph is still in N.E. Ohio we played socially 2 years ago on my table. He is still very capable of running a 100 balls. Ralph likes his privacy.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is

Is this the HoJo kid from Northfield Billiards? If so how is your Dad and brother?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Jerry Slivka?

Jerry Slivka....good one...at times, played good enough to win a world title.
...last I heard of him, gambling got him into trouble.
That's what ended Carella's career also.

I'd like to see Jerry make a return....like Tadd

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jerry Slivka?

Last I heard, which was in November, he was living back in Pittsburgh. And yes, he had gotten into some trouble and I guess some friends back home helped him out.

All of my information is probably fourth hand, but that's what I heard as well.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Peter Nielsen, Danish Champion, did well in Europe. Was pro in Taiwan for a while until he got fed up and gave up pool. Is still around now and then, but not an active player anymore.

More important: Whatever happened to OMGWTF and her opponent Hair Dildo. Was fun reading about them :grin-square:

The dildo has been spotted working- or at least helping run a tourney- at a pool room in va.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gene Daniels?

My dad was a strong player back in the late 80's
through early 90's and used to tell me how good
this guy could play. I never met him or heard of
him since. This took place in Tennessee, but I
think Gene was from Detroit if I'm not mistaken.
Anyone have any info.

Good thread by the way.