Mary Kinnister

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching Alison vs Siming Chen.

Mary was doing some commentary, she said in her hey day she ran a back to back 5 pack in tournament matches.

This was prior to Alison coming here to take over the WPBA. I didn't know that back then the women on your played that strong.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Well, yah never know what kind of equipment was being played on.. I think that women play on tougher equipment these days than back then.

One thing I do know.. My son and I sat and BS'ed with Mary Kenniston for about 2 hours at DCC, then I watched the 9 ball finals with her. She is an absolute RIOT to hang out with!! Lots of stories about her hustling back in the day, at a time when everyone gambled, and none of the regular pool players had seen a woman who could play...

The time spent with Mary was one of my more memorable DCC times.. I hope she is gonna be there again this January..

Short Bus Russ

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn’t call today’s cloth tougher.

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
]
I was watching Alison vs Siming Chen.

Mary was doing some commentary, she said in her hey day she ran a back to back 5 pack in tournament matches.

This was prior to Alison coming here to take over the WPBA. I didn't know that back then the women on your played that strong.

Mary Kenniston....she was action tough and strong....
...I’m six feet....Mary is taller

B9467361-C0F7-495F-ACD9-45825119AB4E.jpeg

Posted this in a donut shop....they’re used to double dipping

Attachments

• 09A1D165-908B-473B-86E1-30015D3C3CF8.jpeg
    09A1D165-908B-473B-86E1-30015D3C3CF8.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 697
Last edited:

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
]

Mary Kenniston....she was action tough and strong....
...I’m six feet....Mary is taller

View attachment 494214

Posted this in a donut shop....they’re used to double dipping

After we got done hanging out with Mary, my son looked up her pictures from when she was younger and told me how he thought Mary was a hottie back in the day... :D:D:D

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mary is very fun to hang out with. I got to chat with her at Griffs after the Mosconi Cup. What a hoot!

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mary is one of the founding members of women's professional pool,she loves the sport and has prolly the best collection of classic pool photos anywhere.

I highly recommend anybody that is interested in pool history and classic pool pictures check out her facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/mdkenn

Mary is a former women's world champion and one of the true ambassador's of the sport.

She will be doing the commentary for the WPBA signature event next week at Emerald Billiards in Louisiana .

33958208_2096615133701900_8049214259726385152_n.jpg

Mary Kenniston will in the booth doing commentary along with many other Special guests from the Pro Ladies sitting in with her.

Live free Stream will be on Facebook Live on PoolActionTV's page and will also be on our website home page www.poolactiontv.com.

It will also be broadcast on the Women's Professional Billiard Association YouTube channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz3...-zgKYfFvkS15hQ

mary and allison in the booth 11.jpg

Last edited:

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys, I never knew of her. My only experience with the wpba was via espn.