Hats off to Johan....................

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If funding was the answer why didn't "they" just provide more during MW's tenure? The US team just played better the last two years. IIRC the BCA,Predator and CSI put up the funds for the oversea trip to Russia. If that's the case why didn't they do that for MW? Money always helps but i still believe JR's(andJJ's) methods were/are better. I like MW but US teams under him played REALLY bad on multiple occasions.

I didn't say funding is the answer.

But clearly, money to do all the stuff JR did to help the team, didn't exactly hurt his odds either. I don't know why additional monies were not made available during MWs tenure.

Lou Figueroa

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wouldn't be surprised if both johan and marcus steps down. i would like to see someone like appleton take over the helm for team europe. i'm done with novelty hats and questionable team selections

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got off to a little slow start in '17 but WOW, how 'bout the last two years?? A lot of us here questioned using a "foreigner" as U.S. capt. but it now looks like genius to me. Congrats to him and his squad(s). Wish him well in whatever comes his way next.

I questioned it in reverse. Of course he was going to help us, the question was, do we really want to outsource U.S.A. success from the people we are competing against? It wouldn't be my ideal situation, but we won, but it was a Euro coach, but we won, but.....