Awesome night at league last night!

BryanBpool

M.T.F.B.
Silver Member
Time to share!

I had a killer night at 9 ball league last night. My opponent scratched on the break then I did the following:

1. Ran that rack
  2. Broke and Ran
  3. Broke and Ran
  4. Broke and Ran
  5. Broke and Ran

My inning finally ended with a dry break! In total it was a 45 ball run.

Awesome night!

/endSharing! :thumbup:

IntoTheRail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice dude. That will strike fear into the hearts of your opponents for sure. Im guessing this is APA as you mentioned the ball count. Best I have done in that format is ran out 4 to close a set out playing a tough sl5. Feels good.

BryanBpool

M.T.F.B.
Silver Member
Nice dude. That will strike fear into the hearts of your opponents for sure. Im guessing this is APA as you mentioned the ball count. Best I have done in that format is ran out 4 to close a set out playing a tough sl5. Feels good.

Yeah, Its APA 9 ball.

I absolutely refuse to lose now that they have those ridiculous "I beat a 9" patches. :thumbup:

My break was working last night.

9 ball is a whole lot easier when you are making a ball on the break and getting a shot on the one almost every rack.

IA8baller

Family man.
Silver Member
Congrats! It's an awesome feeling to run out multiple racks isn't it? I've run 5-packs in 9-ball two seperate times and I can't wait to do it again or possibly get to a 6-pack next time. :thumbup:

IntoTheRail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, those "i beat a 9" patches just make me want to break my opponents spirit and make them contemplate quitting all together. I beat a guy 75-11 right after I found out about those.

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
My best ever win was in a playoff to go to vegas.

I was a 7 at the time and i won 20-0 against a 4 when our team was down. Talk about pumping everyones spirit up :) Yes we went to vegas, sadly our team was not that good and we went 2 and out down there. But i was 21 and had a ball.

dirtypool40

I love this freakin' game
Silver Member
...those ridiculous "I beat a 9" patches. :thumbup:
Yeah, I have two league stories like that, ok, neither near as good as yours...:thumbup:

One was playoff, I rushed in late, and was short the dues, and didn't want to make the trip to the ATM. The Captain said if I beat the 3 I was playing by enough to get "all the points" he would pay my dues. Final was something like 35-0.

The other was playing power league, I beat my opponent 7-3 and neither one of us missed a ball. We played a couple safeties, and scratched on the break, but if we shot at it, we got out. As close to a perfect set as I have played in a long time, maybe ever.

It went something like:

I won the toss, broke and flew the table. He ran out. 0-1

He broke and got kicked in, I ran out. 1-1

I broke and ran. 2-1

I broke, and played safe on the 2. He kicked it in two rails and ran out. 2-2.

He broke and played safe on like the 5, I jumped it in and ran out. 3-2

I broke and ran out. 4-2

I broke and ran to a cluster, playing safe on the 6. We traded safeties, until I banked it in and ran out. 5-2

I broke and ran out. 6-2

I broke and scratched (8-ball now). He ran out. 6-3

He broke and scratched. I ran out. 7-3

The only ball I "missed" was a long diagonal "if I miss" safety bank.

Last edited:

BryanBpool

M.T.F.B.
Silver Member
Yeah, those "i beat a 9" patches just make me want to break my opponents spirit and make them contemplate quitting all together. I beat a guy 75-11 right after I found out about those.

heh, Yeah. Nothing keeps your opponents on their toes knowing that you are a threat to win from anywhere with any score.

There is nothing I enjoy more than just beating someone senseless on league night. It brings me joy :thumbup:

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great shooting.

IMO that's what pool is all about; playing your best when it matters to you the most. Even better when your teammates and friends are there to witness your awesome play.

BryanBpool

M.T.F.B.
Silver Member
My best ever win was in a playoff to go to vegas.

I was a 7 at the time and i won 20-0 against a 4 when our team was down. Talk about pumping everyones spirit up :) Yes we went to vegas, sadly our team was not that good and we went 2 and out down there. But i was 21 and had a ball.

I was on a team that went to vegas back in 2001. Man that was a long time ago. I was a 5 then.

It was a hell of a trip. :) We did pretty good, taking 19th place.

The match we lost was in sudden death. Two 1's beating the 9 ball around for the win for about 6 innings. It was a nail-biter!

poolfoole

Banned
Very nice shooting. I've had a couple of 2 packs in 9-ball, but I'm not good enough to do better than that even though I have a very good break. I've been on the receiving end of these types of runs a few times. Usually, against a strong 8 when the APA won't allow me to use my jump cue and I'm forced to go for some impossible kick instead. The next shot, my opponent makes a run like that.

Time to share!

I had a killer night at 9 ball league last night. My opponent scratched on the break then I did the following:

1. Ran that rack
  2. Broke and Ran
  3. Broke and Ran
  4. Broke and Ran
  5. Broke and Ran

Awesome night!

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Time to share!

1. Ran that rack
  2. Broke and Ran
  3. Broke and Ran
  4. Broke and Ran
  5. Broke and Ran

Awesome night!

What is your handicap?

What is this I hear about "I beat a 9" patches? Ive beat every one Ive ever faced..... (dont have too many around here)

John Biddle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations Bryan, awesome shooting. You're on you way to defining what being a 9 is all about.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
dude that's sick. Have you ever done a 5-pack in your life before? To do it in league is something else.

Good work.