What happened to Stans CTE Book and New Video?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Answer to a pool player's dreams" ?? I didn't write that.<---no you didn't write that, I wrote that and it isn't in your book.
This is what is on the back cover of your book and it is a bunch of bullfeathers.
You can spin it any way you like, but NOBODY has ever mastered pool to the point where they will never again miss a ball. No matter what system they use.
Here it is again, you wrote it, not me. Aiming Lie.JPG

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Man, you got a lot of nerve giving me any grief about "personal attacks".
I don't care what BC-21 does in his personal life....I'm laying into his system that claims in print about if you "master aiming and never miss another ball". (I'm only interested in his pool shooting stuff.)
That "never miss another ball" stuff is a bunch of bullfeathers and is a marketing claim to sell books in my opinion.
There has been a hard core bunch in this place for years and years who have said the same things about Stan Shuffett's system and they have got away with it.
Now when BC-21 gets a dose of it about his own system, he starts to play "poor pitiful me". And all his buddies rally for his aid and comfort.
And concerning personal attacks....just take yourself into that Main Forum and watch some of them going at each other about whether or not John Schmidt ran over 600 balls in straights and toppled their Mosconi god from his throne. Some of them are almost ready to fight hand to hand over that junk. Those are genuine personal attacks.
BC-21aka Brian Crist wrote the book, not me. (and back in these posts somewhere you'll find where he himself said..."tell me what you think about my poolology, good or bad" (or something very close to that).
You want to tell me this isn't disingenuous......?? It is on the back cover of his book.
View attachment 530969

Honest opinions are welcome. No whining from me, no name calling. You have already proven to be a liar though. We haven't forgotten. So your extreme biased opinion is worthless. You despised Mosconi and that old traditional fractional method, yet you purchased my book anyway, obviously for the sole purpose of trying to discredit it. Good luck.

And it really doesn't take a genius to understand the implications of the statement, "Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball."

There is no comma between "aiming" and "and". In other words, learning Poolology doesn't mean you've mastered aiming and will never miss another ball. Poolology is a tool that can be used to help master aiming. AND, if you master aiming you can possibly never miss another ball. That is the goal of mastering anything, to reach the highest level of performance possible.

For nongrammatical people I suppose it's too complicated to interpret the statement. Let me reword it with a different subject for simplification purposes....

Master the English language and never be confused by grammar again.

I believe I'll ignore you from now on. You're a broken record, not worth my attention. You insist on living in the past, holding onto anger from something that happened to Stan Shuffett years ago. It gets old.

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey guys
think about this
how many players in the hall of fame use cte???
my guess not a great majority
but
so what ???
low 500
it doesnt matter (to me) how good bc21 plays or uses his system
or how good you play or use stans system
the idea is whatever system you you use
does it help you pocket balls
so stop the personal attacks please
to both of you
if your system works for you...GREAT...:):)

Looks like lyrics to a song.

The same old song

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Honest opinions are welcome. No whining from me, no name calling. You have already proven to be a liar though. We haven't forgotten. So your extreme biased opinion is worthless. You despised Mosconi and that old traditional fractional method, yet you purchased my book anyway, obviously for the sole purpose of trying to discredit it. Good luck.

And it really doesn't take a genius to understand the implications of the statement, "Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball."

There is no comma between "aiming" and "and". In other words, learning Poolology doesn't mean you've mastered aiming and will never miss another ball. Poolology is a tool that can be used to help master aiming. AND, if you master aiming you can possibly never miss another ball. That is the goal of mastering anything, to reach the highest level of performance possible.

For nongrammatical people I suppose it's too complicated to interpret the statement. Let me reword it with a different subject for simplification purposes....

Master the English language and never be confused by grammar again.

I believe I'll ignore you from now on. You're a broken record, not worth my attention. You insist on living in the past, holding onto anger from something that happened to Stan Shuffett years ago. It gets old.

In others words, you are trying to imply that statement doesn’t mean exactly what it does. The missing comma doesn’t change the meaning of that statement.

Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball.

So you are implying the above statement doesn’t mean this? It’s pretty straight forward. Nothing to interpret.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Man, you got a lot of nerve giving me any grief about "personal attacks".
I don't care what BC-21 does in his personal life....I'm laying into his system that claims in print about if you "master aiming and never miss another ball". (I'm only interested in his pool shooting stuff.)
That "never miss another ball" stuff is a bunch of bullfeathers and is a marketing claim to sell books in my opinion.
There has been a hard core bunch in this place for years and years who have said the same things about Stan Shuffett's system and they have got away with it.
Now when BC-21 gets a dose of it about his own system, he starts to play "poor pitiful me". And all his buddies rally for his aid and comfort.
And concerning personal attacks....just take yourself into that Main Forum and watch some of them going at each other about whether or not John Schmidt ran over 600 balls in straights and toppled their Mosconi god from his throne. Some of them are almost ready to fight hand to hand over that junk. Those are genuine personal attacks.
BC-21aka Brian Crist wrote the book, not me. (and back in these posts somewhere you'll find where he himself said..."tell me what you think about my poolology, good or bad" (or something very close to that).
You want to tell me this isn't disingenuous......?? It is on the back cover of his book.
View attachment 530969
i am not giving anyone grief.
we all know about the LONG feud between the cte people and the non believers
its just that it always seems to be the same cast of characters who tend to bicker
among themselves.
it gets old to those who dont get into the mix
(i stick my nose where it doesnt belong sometimes and it gets bloodied but i havent learned my lesson yet.......:embarrassed2:)
to me the the quote about never miss a ball again
I see that as alittle hyperbole and not get so bent out of shape about it .
because imo most sane people realize that NO ONE will never miss a ball
i dont think its a felony offense
jmho
icbw

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
lets look at this thread
the op wanted to know about the release of stans book and video.
it digressed to you and b 21 bickering
unfortunately thats what happens ,,,, eventually the non beleivers and the cte people start feuding
i have tried to broker peace by suggesting both sides let the other side live in peace
and leave each other alone
but i have not had much success.......:speechless::banghead:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
In others words, you are trying to imply that statement doesn’t mean exactly what it does. The missing comma doesn’t change the meaning of that statement.

Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball.

So you are implying the above statement doesn’t mean this? It’s pretty straight forward. Nothing to interpret.

I thought it was pretty straight forward also. There is no missing comma. Mastering something means you can do it consistently with excellence. So if one truly masters aiming it is plausible that they could never miss a shot. It doesn't matter if no one has been able to do it -- the possibility is still a reality.

Yet still 2 or 3 people here misinterpret the statement as if there were a comma. They assume it means, With this system you'll master aiming, because with this system you'll never miss another ball. And that is not what it says.

Most people can understand and fill in the missing implied words, such as: YOU CAN master the art of aiming and THEREFORE never miss another ball. That should be the mindset of any pool player that wants to improve, regardless of which aiming method you prefer.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am not giving anyone grief.
we all know about the LONG feud between the cte people and the non believers
its just that it always seems to be the same cast of characters who tend to bicker
among themselves.
it gets old to those who dont get into the mix
(i stick my nose where it doesnt belong sometimes and it gets bloodied but i havent learned my lesson yet.......:embarrassed2:)
to me the the quote about never miss a ball again
I see that as alittle hyperbole and not get so bent out of shape about it .
because imo most sane people realize that NO ONE will never miss a ball
i dont think its a felony offense
jmho
icbw
I'm not going to just sit and let the "chosen few" have their way in stating that when Stan teaches that CTE takes care of any adjustments, throw, or guesswork...they get to merrily say it is a bunch of hooey.
I'm saying over and over that this poolology cover claim is a bunch of hooey and NOBODY WILL EVER GET TO THE POINT WHERE THEY NEVER MISS A BALL. Poolology won't do it, ghostball won't do it, CTE won't do it, NO SYSTEM will ever do that. And nobody will ever MASTER AIMING,,they will still miss balls. Mosconi did, Greenleaf did, Buddy Hall did, Alex The Lion does, Dennis O. does..they ALL do. And poolology or cte or xyz or bdef or physics or protractors or math or positive thinking will not change that. To say it will, is a lie.
It ain't never happened and it never will happen....evahhhhhhhhhh.
You better believe I'm watching this Brian Crist and his poolology like a hawk and every time he misses a ball and gets beat...you will hear about it from me. Now he's crawfishing with "that's not what it really meant", "you don't understand grammar", and other "qualifiers"...(sounds like a politician, to me, when they get caught...."you're taking me out of context"). I say bullfeathers.
He has me on ignore so it won't bother him, but I will proclaim to the rest of the pool world, in this limited area, about not being fooled by those claims made on the cover of that book. (in my opinion the stuff on the inside isn't too much better...just an amateur teaching amateurs to be amateurs is what I think)
You are free to put me on ignore as well. I will continue to speak the truth about the lie of any aiming system that proclaims: "Master Aiming and never miss another ball"
Aiming Lie.JPG

Last edited:

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lets look at this thread
the op wanted to know about the release of stans book and video.
it digressed to you and b 21 bickering
unfortunately thats what happens ,,,, eventually the non beleivers and the cte people start feuding
i have tried to broker peace by suggesting both sides let the other side live in peace
and leave each other alone
but i have not had much success.......:speechless::banghead:

I just wonder how many years ago the book was supposed to be released. There isn't anything new to discuss until something new is released.

Low wants to take everything literal when applying it to other things but will not hold the same standards to CTE.

BC21 looks like a solid player. Watch some of his youtube videos and you can see he strokes straight and his aiming system works for him.

These threads are funny because people worry so much about aiming and so little about how poor their strokes are. Pocketing balls is easy if you have a straight stroke. We think it is our aim that is the problem but that is rarely true. If you have played for years then your aim is not the problem.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
2 or 3 people here misinterpret the statement as if there were a comma. They assume it means, With this system you'll master aiming, because with this system you'll never miss another ball. And that is not what it says.
As the first and most visible claim on the book about the system, with no clarifying disclaimer, it's the obvious implication.

I believe you're an honest guy who knows what he's talking about and you didn't mean it to look that way, but that's the way it looks to me. I'm not trying to criticize you for it - just offering a friendly unbiased perspective about how it might reasonably appear to others.

pj
chgo

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not going to just sit and let the "chosen few" have their way in stating that when Stan teaches that CTE takes care of any adjustments, throw, or guesswork...they get to merrily say it is a bunch of hooey.
I'm saying over and over that this poolology cover claim is a bunch of hooey and NOBODY WILL EVER GET TO THE POINT WHERE THEY NEVER MISS A BALL. Poolology won't do it, ghostball won't do it, CTE won't do it, NO SYSTEM will ever do that. And nobody will ever MASTER AIMING,,they will still miss balls. Mosconi did, Greenleaf did, Buddy Hall did, Alex The Lion does, Dennis O. does..they ALL do. And poolology or cte or xyz or bdef or physics or protractors or math or positive thinking will not change that. To say it will, is a lie.
It ain't never happened and it never will happen....evahhhhhhhhhh.
You better believe I'm watching this Brian Crist and his poolology like a hawk and every time he misses a ball and gets beat...you will hear about it from me. Now he's crawfishing with "that's not what it really meant", "you don't understand grammar", and other "qualifiers"...(sounds like a politician, to me, when they get caught...."you're taking me out of context"). I say bullfeathers.
He has me on ignore so it won't bother him, but I will proclaim to the rest of the pool world, in this limited area, about not being fooled by those claims made on the cover of that book. (in my opinion the stuff on the inside isn't too much better...just an amateur teaching amateurs to be amateurs is what I think)
You are free to put me on ignore as well. I will continue to speak the truth about the lie of any aiming system that proclaims: "Master Aiming and never miss another ball"
View attachment 530984

Obviously you are going to do whatever you want to.
I will point out that he does NOT say master poolology and never miss a ball...
Just sayin....:grin:
Have a nice day....:smile:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I just wonder how many years ago the book was supposed to be released. There isn't anything new to discuss until something new is released.

Low wants to take everything literal when applying it to other things but will not hold the same standards to CTE.

BC21 looks like a solid player. Watch some of his youtube videos and you can see he strokes straight and his aiming system works for him.

These threads are funny because people worry so much about aiming and so little about how poor their strokes are. Pocketing balls is easy if you have a straight stroke. We think it is our aim that is the problem but that is rarely true. If you have played for years then your aim is not the problem.

Good post. Once you've played long enough you do develop a good idea of where the cb needs to be in order to pocket a ball. Getting it there is an entirely different process, and with inconsistent results you don't get the positive feedback needed in order to know for sure that you are aiming correctly and accurately. Aiming systems allow quicker refinement of recognizing where the cb needs to be, or the line it needs to travel, but they do nothing for the mechanics of the stroke needed to accomplish this.

The combination of stroke, stance, and knowledge of exactly where the cb needs to be and how to get it there is what comprises "aiming". Inconsistencies in any one of these elements will result in inconsistent shot making, regardless of how many years you keep at it. It's because we develop habits of inconsistency. Good thing is habits can be reprogrammed to suit our desires.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As the first and most visible claim on the book about the system, with no clarifying disclaimer, it's the obvious implication.
I believe you're an honest guy who knows what he's talking about and you didn't mean it to look that way, but that's the way it looks to me. I'm not trying to criticize you for it - just offering a friendly unbiased perspective about how it might reasonably appear to others.
pj
chgo
Ooops!
:rotflmao1:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo

I understand. Never thought much about how those words would be taken.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

pj
chgo

I understand. Never thought much about how those words would be taken.
On the other hand, I don't think it's a big deal. It's not like you claimed for 20+ years that your system defies geometry and logic, whining the entire time about being "persecuted" for it, until the whole aiming topic was banished to Subforum Siberia.

pj <- like some I can think of
chgo

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the other hand, I don't think it's a big deal. It's not like you claimed for 20+ years that your system defies geometry and logic, whining the entire time about being "persecuted" for it, until the whole aiming topic was banished to Subforum Siberia.

pj <- like some I can think of
chgo

So do tell us more about your lizard head bob system. The masses are intrigued