Any BK Rush Reviews

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Getting my new BK Rush hopefully sometime this week and I was wondering if there are any reviews out there. Not many floating around right now from what I've been able to google and only 1 video review.

Anyone that has had the cue for a while now I would love to hear your thoughts. Specifically anyone coming from a BK3 as that is what I currently use.

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Would also like to hear opinions from BK Rush owners. I'm interested in hearing the difference between this and the bk3.

Getting my new BK Rush hopefully sometime this week and I was wondering if there are any reviews out there. Not many floating around right now from what I've been able to google and only 1 video review.

Anyone that has had the cue for a while now I would love to hear your thoughts. Specifically anyone coming from a BK3 as that is what I currently use.

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t own one but a few of my buddies do so I’ve broken 30 or so racks with one and they’re sweet. Really nice balance and weight, as with any revo shaft the energy transfer is unreal. Definitely easier to control he cue ball while hitting with greater force. You can hear the difference when you hit the head ball.

It’s also pretty fun to just shoot balls with, even with that rock hard tip, it’s still incredibly accurate using all sorts of English, I was honestly amazed.

I’ve never owned or endorsed any predator products but the BK Rush does as advertised and does it well imo. I won’t be buying one but if I were to win one or something I’d definitely keep it.

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just bumping this thread up to get some more opinions on the BK rush now that people who bought it have had some time to get used to it. I'm planning on giving one a try at the super billiards expo next week!

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've had one for about 4 weeks now and it's definitely an improvement over my BK3. I have it at the same weight as my BK3 and all my players ; 18.5 oz.. For ME, that's working out pretty good so far. I have no idea what the tip is, but it's also a lot better than the BK3. Predator calls it a "hybrid leather" which could mean anything. It came shaped and scuffed and I haven't touched it yet. Haven't had a miscue yet. I have the unwrapped and I tried a friend's sport wrap and I feel I get a better grip on the unwrapped. But that's just me.

I'm curious what weight other BK Rush owners are using.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had one for 2 weeks. I'm not sold yet. I've tried several break cues over the past few months. But honestly I am thinking of selling it. Just doesn't have the feel I was looking for.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Owned mine for about a month now. I absolutely love it! Took a few days before I was sold but I'm now breaking very well. Good control, feels well balanced etc. YMMV

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
When buying a break cue, what exactly is someone looking for over top of say a sneaky with stiff shaft and hard tip?

What is your goal of it? What more do you want it to do then what I listed above.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had one for 2 weeks. I'm not sold yet. I've tried several break cues over the past few months. But honestly I am thinking of selling it. Just doesn't have the feel I was looking for.

good cues!

Last edited:

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was not sold on any revo products. It will all fade away in time! There is better breakers & ld shafts out there has better hit & feel with LD characteristics being same!

I am trying to give in a good honest effort. But I honestly break just as well with my OB or Poison. It's not head and shoulders above anything else I have broke with. Might try a Mezz power break next.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
A buddy has the BK Rush and after breaking with it a few times I didn't think it broke as well as my BK2 w/White Diamond tip.

I've tried (and owned) a number of breakers incl Gulyassy, Lomax and a dymondwood Brick and I can't get any to do better than the BK2 / White Diamond combo.

I break hard and keep good control with the BK2.

The only knock I find with it is that the joint needs a snugness check every break as it likes to loosen on it's own. Not a big deal - it's become part of my pre break routine.

I do see a fair amount of people placing ads looking for BK2 breakers so I'm thinking others are liking them also.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Know what irks Revo naysayers the most: the fact that so many of us Revo owners are so happy with our equipment and don't give a rat's *** what they think. :rotflmao1:

BogeyFree

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless the cue ball is arriving at the head ball at a higher rate of speed by using a $700 break stick is there any real difference between a BK Rush and a simple J&J or is Predator just really good at marketing hype?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the BK-1 with its original tip still. Its probably been 15 years, I forgot when I got it.

I can't break and run more than once in a blue moon, so I'm not upgrading my BK-1 anytime soon. ha ha.

Jsnstanley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought the BKRush, sold the butt. Have the BK shaft on a LE Onyx P3 wrap less @17.8 oz. I haven’t broke or played with a better cue combination. Yes It’s my current player. I prefer it over my 12.4 and original 12.9w/LEREVO. both with soft tips. I’m guessing this (tip harness) is the only difference in the playing features of the shafts other than diameter. I personally play better with the sound/feedback I get from the Hard tip, Though it is unforgiving of a bad stroke. It took a minute to accept but it keeps me inline. I also prefer to break and continue play without interruption. People think I’m miscuing many times just because of the sound it makes. (tick) :grin-square: