anyone heard of chitown billiards?

devonlee141

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he has a jacoby on ebay and im about to do a trade with him and a bunch of cash off ebay so im really wanting some feedback on him so i know i wont get screwed his name on ebay is customcues or something on there but he says he deals lots of custom stick just wondering some1 let me know that way it might make it alot easier on me right now im on edge

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
ABORT! ABORT! ABORT! SCAMMER ALERT, LEVEL 5!!!!!!! I got hosed in a similar deal on ebay last year by a different guy. Like ChicagoRJ said, RUN!!!!!!! You are heading toward a good ole ass rape!

Joe

Cephalus

Registered
When it comes to such transactions, if you are at all skeptical, don't follow through. If you have doubt, there is normally a reason.

jbravo2984

~{BULL DURHAM CUES}~
Silver Member
the guy he's talking about is a legit mcdermott dealer. he's also the only guy on ebay that still thinks dp cues are worth 7 and $800... fyi the trade/transaction did happen with these two and i'm sure everything went down just fine. i applaud you guys for looking out for the guy, but not everybody is trying to take advantage of people :) the guys name is rick and probably sells more mcd's than anyone online...

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
We deal with him here at Cue and Case, he buys quite a bit of stuff from us mostly blowout and discontinued items. He's been dealing with the company for over a year now with no issues besides him being a shrewd (good) businessman, he haggles like the best of them.

redsvan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rick at custom cues

hey there i bought about 10 cues from rick with shipment too sweden
never had a problem

and the prices are good

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Really ? , is that what you have to say ?
Good job buddy!!

Thank You,

Yeah, that is what I have to say. Better safe than sorry. You only wanted a money order, and would not take paypal, yeah, I would tell him to walk away in a heartbeat. That is a RED FLAG. If you wanna do business like the scammers, don't be shocked when you get put into the same category.

When in doubt, better to walk away, and this guy was in doubt. I buy a ton of stuff on Ebay, and the internet, but NEVER with a money order. And I'd tell the guy the same thing again for his own protection. Yeah, I"m gonna tell some guy to send a money order to some guy he never met on an internet transaction... But if you are a known quantity, than a money order is fine, but you were not to this guy, or me for that matter.

Did you happend to read the other post " I got hosed in a similar deal on ebay last year by a different guy. Like ChicagoRJ said, RUN!!!!!!! You are heading toward a good ole ass rape! " Only there was at least a million folks that got screwed by such transactions just last year.

Last edited:

The Schwartz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Money order is by far the preferred method of payment on Gunbroker.com. I like em.I've completed over a hundred transactions on there without issue. They don't like Paypal because Paypal are a-holes about firearm sales through their service so the sellers there don't use it. Money orders take a little more time because you have to wait on the mail, but it works out good for me.

gizmodog

Registered Lurker
Silver Member
Rick's Okay

I did an off ebay deal with Rick about a month ago for a Universal Smart Shaft. He gave me a great price and shipped very fast.

Chris Marriott