Moving to Rochester, NY

loyarc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My memories of Classic Billiards

Classic Billiards was the very first room I frequented. As a SUNY-Brockport freshman/sophomore in 89-90, it was a fantastic intro to the game and the scene. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. It contributed to getting the game into my blood...

My fondest memories were watching Julio rob some guy Tony Vaccaro called Jackass in 1-hole. Never knew his real name. I saw the guy miss an absolute 'in the jaws' hanger for $1,000. Never forget Tony's expression and his simple, angle response: 'You no good, **** jackass.'

Or watching Junior, this big jeweler/dealer guy. He carried like 30K at least; gigantic wad. His famous line, in his unique pitched voice: 'I used to eat steak and lobster; these pool hustlers have me eatin' cheeseburgers...' will always be with me..

Or 'The Gaffer' - name unknown. Pat Howey and Pool Shark Charters. RIP.

Or Tony Morrison, who I recently re-connected with here in NC. Still playing.

I even remember Tony dealing black jack in the VIP room after closing; he got smoked a lot of times. RIP Tony...

Classic was a great room. Authentic. Great action, atomosphere, and conditions. Every room should have a VIP room like it did.

It's ironic that some of its equipment is now in Brockport. The old Brockport Billiards never had much action or players.

Hopefully, the new room will hook some kids like it did me..

So long Classic!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
pt109...Not to pick, but it's STEVEN Segal, not Stephen...and no, he cannot play even a lick of pool! He is, however, a celebrity up in itty bitty Ennis MT, where he has a big ranch! LOL :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott. I never mind being corrected about spelling...
..especially a man's name.
My first game was golf....and I still managed to spell Nicklaus wrong in
a former post.
A posters response to my gaffe was so hilarious that I told him I wasn't
going to edit.:rotflmao1:

BTW...even if Segal can't play....how ya gonna get paid?