what is a black goldcrown ?

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, Gold Crown IV in either gloss or satin black. There's a
satin black one at Hard Times Bellflower, the "TV" table.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, in piano black finish.

If you would bother to read, you would see I said the matte started on the 4s IIRC.
There's also a difference in the glossy's. The 3's were done by Kimball piano and actually looked like a grand piano. The glossy on the 4's, tho nice, was not AS pimped-out as that finish on the 3's. Brunswick literature didn't list the piano finish on the 3's and they didn't make a whole lot of them. A friend in Dallas has one and the shine on that thing is unreal. Looks like Steinway could have made it.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes, in piano black finish.

If you would bother to read, you would see I said the matte started on the 4s IIRC.

I don't seem to remember saying anything about the matte black, but as already mentioned, the high gloss piano black on the 3's was much more shiny and reflective than on the 4's. Only problem with it was if baby powder ever got sprinkled on the finish, it would expose any scratches in the laminate no matter how slight, and you couldn't get it out of the finish.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't seem to remember saying anything about the matte black, but as already mentioned, the high gloss piano black on the 3's was much more shiny and reflective than on the 4's. Only problem with it was if baby powder ever got sprinkled on the finish, it would expose any scratches in the laminate no matter how slight, and you couldn't get it out of the finish.
Like owning a black car, looks cool but a total b^*ch to take care of. I'd like a matte GC, 4,5,or 6.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Err, a Black Crown is an import knockoff of the Gold Crown and they play like s**t

Make sure it's actually a Gold Crown before buying

-

This is %1000 correct.
Keep clear of that table at all cost.
There is also the black wolf that’s a POS.

Now if we are taking about a black gold crown, it’s a rock solid table that can be made to play very well.

Rob.M

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As for different finishes..... of all the GC’s since day one my fave is the IV. The bronze instead of nickel is beautiful on mahogany.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
As for different finishes..... of all the GC’s since day one my fave is the IV. The bronze instead of nickel is beautiful on mahogany.

Oh come on now, ALL the GC's are beautiful in one way or a other🤣 They're all kind of like children in the eyes of their parents, even the ones with the BIG heads look beautiful to the parents, they never pay to much attention to the people staring at their child in a basket at the grocery store thinking.....Hey Martha, look at the basketball head on THAT baby, oh my god that had to have hurt giving birth😱🤪😂🤣

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine is mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 291

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Oh come on now, ALL the GC's are beautiful in one way or a other🤣 They're all kind of like children in the eyes of their parents, even the ones with the BIG heads look beautiful to the parents, they never pay to much attention to the people staring at their child in a basket at the grocery store thinking.....Hey Martha, look at the basketball head on THAT baby, oh my god that had to have hurt giving birth😱🤪😂🤣

All are beautiful. No question about it. Just saying I like the bronze trim. I might be getting a new table next year. I would be thrilled with a perfectly restored 1,2,3 or a Mahogany Tournament VI. There is no such thing as an ugly GC.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The piano finish was available on the GC III. Mr. Billiards in Baldwin Park, CA had 20 of them in the''90's. They have long since closed.