Brunswick Centurion pockets

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just picked up a used 9 footer and put it together with all the used parts. The plastic pockets have several nail holes in each one where a round head spiral shank nail was driven in. I am using old balls and noticed a few fresh white dings on them. I think the nail heads are causing these marks. Can you get a different style of pocket with a better fastening method?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I just picked up a used 9 footer and put it together with all the used parts. The plastic pockets have several nail holes in each one where a round head spiral shank nail was driven in. I am using old balls and noticed a few fresh white dings on them. I think the nail heads are causing these marks. Can you get a different style of pocket with a better fastening method?

Nope, but what you can do is switch the round headed nails for small flat head nails about 1" long, then after installing the nails, place some black electrical tape over the heads of the nails to protect them from the balls hitting them;)

Glen

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After playing on the table I've noticed that the plastic pockets are bending in at the tops and seem to be rejecting harder rail shots(I know...my aim probably sucks!). If I replace them, which pocket set should I buy? I saw a Brunswick set for $120, a heavy duty Sterling set for $60, a bossed(?) set for $40, and a generic set for $20. Will they all fit?:confused: I want a tournament grade table if possible. Are the rubber pockets better than plastic?

Last edited: