Neptune Joe Frady - RIP

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
I liked Joe.. seen him at plenty or tournaments and we got along very well.

RIP

JV

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Rest in peace, Mr Frady
I always liked how you played...and how you handled yourself.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow...sad news. Joe was a huge part of the pool world... he will be missed by many.

Scott Lee

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I remember Joe as a terrific player (one of the best 9-Ball players on the East Coast) and a guy who just went about his business without making a fuss about anything. In other words, he just got up there and shot your nuts off and shook your hand after it was over. :rolleyes:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met Joe when he was 12 years old.
He would come in the pool room that his Uncle once owned and watch us play.
Fast forward a few years after he served in the Army in Viet Nam he was schooled in pool by a real good old time player Sam "one poke" Fauver.
I got out of the Marines after Nam and came home to find Joe a pretty good player.
After a few years he became a real good player.
I never could match his skill level.
We did play countless sessions with me getting the 8 in 9 ball and 100 to 80 in straight pool.
The nice thing about joe was he would play for small stakes just to play and stay sharp.

I learned a lot playing him so many times. I would ask questions right in the middle of a game and he always answered them.

A lot of people thought he was kind of stand offish,truth was he was very shy.

There were times when Joe was in dead stroke and just ran balls and racks like they were nothing.

One time he played some road player and was in dead punch,the guy quit and said to the railbirds "This guy ain't human,I quit"

Rip my old friend.

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yet another great loss

With he passing of Neptune Joe Frady we close yet another chapter on great players of the day . . . so sad . . . my condolences to all.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I Have very fond memories of watching Joe play at Golden Cue in Queens, a true gentleman and a true talent.

My condolences to his friends and family
Steve

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I knew him way back and worked on his cues at some of the pro tournaments. He was a great player and was never involved in all the drama other players were known for. He once was playing for $500 a game and was so calm you would have thought he was playing for a drink. RIP!

rubberheels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe Fradt

Went to Joes wake yesterday very sad. Only a coulpe of guys showed up. we are gonna miss u Buddy. RIP. Larry and Marilyn Nickerson.