View Single Post
Old
  (#2)
Jude Rosenstock
AzB Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-04-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact Blue View Post
Sometimes I get this urge to shoot in rotation games, usually a combo or carom, attacking full speed to try and set the momentum of a set. I would say with honesty that it's usually a higher percentage out, but it's not 100%. And maybe it's not the smartest thing to do, especially when there is a possibility of a deadlock safe.

What are your guys' thoughts. I've really tried to adopt the whole "don't bother shooting if you think you're going to miss," philosophy, but these are misses that could be avoided. But if they're cinched, the confidence is always huge.

All opinions welcomed. Thanks.
There's something to be said about being aggressive. I think if you're going to be successful at this game, you should WANT to shoot, not duck. However, I also think it's important to properly weigh that out. When I have a huge lead, I find the healthiest attitude to have is to wonder if I'll ever get another opportunity again. I could be up 8-0 and the thought going through my head is, "Boy, I better not mess up next time. I don't want this guy putting a run together."

If you ignore percentage-play, you're going to eventually pay for it. Perhaps you allow a window for someone to mount a comeback against you or your comeback percentage diminishes. There are times when you can get away with the low percentage or the situation allows you to justify letting the balls sail but you have to appreciate the fact that these shots are not textbook.

Cue: Schon with OB shaft
Twitter: @JudeRosenstock