View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
Skippy27
AzB Silver Member
Skippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-11-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiardthought View Post
I might get some hate for this comment, but here goes: aim to get the ball closer to the pocket. I find every time I start to use a 'system' to help me bank I miss more. when I shoot a bank and miss it, I try to note what speed and english I used, and then remember to add more or less next time given the same parameters. If that is a system, thats the only system I use. I use my personal history plus expectations and shoot the cue ball. That's it.
That is all fine and dandy if you are shooting on the same table day in and day out. If not, then you can spend 8 hours trying to figure out a table and still not be good at it.

The fewest variables you have to use from table to table the more consistent you are going to be which is why pros will tell you to bank firm as it lessens all the other variables.

If the table is a half diamond off, then there is probably something seriously flawed with that entire setup.