View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
Tramp Steamer
One Pocket enthusiast.
Tramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-20-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusRuss View Post
My advice is... Don't play on red label Diamonds, if you can help it...
And here's why: (Disclaimer: I don't play as bad as I pretend to on AZ Forum...)
In the 9 ball, any time I was going to hit the rail with any speed, it caused a big "jump" in my stance, because the red label rails literally pick up speed when hit directly.
Short Bus Russ
Like Bob said, it isn't going to happen because physics won't allow it. What you are actually experiencing is the ball staying on the rail for a shorter period of time and thereby giving the illusion of gaining speed when it comes off the rail. Baseball fans noted this same effect back in the sixties when Astro-turf was introduced.
As for the rest of it, maybe you do play as bad as you pretend.
Where in the hell is PJ, when you need him.

Steamer Cue Sports Ltd. Purveyor of two fine quality cues, the Miracle, and the Wonder. Our motto says it all: "If it's a good cue, it's a Wonder." "If it's a straight cue, it's a Miracle."

I am a member in good standing in the Lock Society as: Tramp Lock.