Kamui chalk version 1.21 is awesome!

Lumocolor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do people pay $2 for a cube of pre flag when you can just swap a cube of post flag at any pool hall for free and masters themselves have said on plenty of occasions that the only difference is that they decided to put a flag on the wrapper after 9/11.

I guess one could argue that $2 stupid is less than $25 stupid.

Rod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somehow awesome seems a little overcooked

I have the older series, what is that 098? Yes it goes on well and one can shoot a number of times before re-chalking. If that is performance so be it. On the other hand Masters goes on well and you can shoot a number of times as well with more risk of a miscue.

I bought a piece and used it in a league last summer. It fell underneath the front car seat half way through the league. About two weeks ago I fished it out and its back in my case. I never missed it and I don't use it. The only thing it did better IMO is stay on the tip longer. It won't last near as long if you knurl the tip weekly as I do. That rough texture eats up chalk. As far as playing performance, spin etc I don't think its any better or worst. So that being the case I'll not invest in the newer version. For those that think its better and it gives you confidence, good for you. I rarely miscue but if I do it was a very poor stroke. Chalk isn't the cure, its the Indian, not the arrow.

Rod

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the older series, what is that 098? Yes it goes on well and one can shoot a number of times before re-chalking. If that is performance so be it. On the other hand Masters goes on well and you can shoot a number of times as well with more risk of a miscue.

I bought a piece and used it in a league last summer. It fell underneath the front car seat half way through the league. About two weeks ago I fished it out and its back in my case. I never missed it and I don't use it. The only thing it did better IMO is stay on the tip longer. It won't last near as long if you knurl the tip weekly as I do. That rough texture eats up chalk. As far as playing performance, spin etc I don't think its any better or worst. So that being the case I'll not invest in the newer version. For those that think its better and it gives you confidence, good for you. I rarely miscue but if I do it was a very poor stroke. Chalk isn't the cure, its the Indian, not the arrow.

Rod

That's debatable. There could very well be times that you miscue where your tip was a fraction of a millimeter from being max draw and an extra amount of friction from better chalk WOULD have made all the difference from getting the money and the glory.

Sometimes it's 99% Indian and 1% arrow and 100% is required.

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
but i'd really like to hear what kind of foreskin JB compares the new kamui chalk to!!!:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4viV4Yas7c4

Lmfao! That's the funniest video I've ever seen when JB made that video demonstrating the extreme english you can apply to the cue ball with Kamui chalk. He chalks up with the Kamui and the first time he strikes the cue ball, he miscues, lol. Then he miscues 2-3 more times in the same video. You can't buy this comedy. I thick he made the video for a bet he had with someone on here about using a piece of drywall against his Kamui chalk. I just laughed again thinking about that video. :D

TheThaiger

Banned
Lmfao! That's the funniest video I've ever seen when JB made that video demonstrating the extreme english you can apply to the cue ball with Kamui chalk. He chalks up with the Kamui and the first time he strikes the cue ball, he miscues, lol. Then he miscues 2-3 more times in the same video. You can't buy this comedy. I thick he made the video for a bet he had with someone on here about using a piece of drywall against his Kamui chalk. I just laughed again thinking about that video. :D

Seriously homo-erotic undertones as well - "it's like the foreskin of an extra virgin" - WTF is THAT all about?

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

Rod

And so, that's why you need the Gator Grip from Kamui. :D Seriously though, the metal mesh on the Gator Grip is much finer than most tip tools and does not eat up the tip as rapidly as most tip tools. It makes smaller divots into the leather and I think because they are smaller and more numerous, it allows the chalk to spread more evenly.

I agree that no chalk is the cure, just like no one aiming system is the cure.

On the other hand, it's always nice to try out different equipment and tools to see how they affect your game and you.

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui has just released a new chalk compound, version 1.21, which is a follow-on product to the previous release, the introductory version 0.98, and the one I tested about a year ago.

Disclaimer: I am not getting anything for my review except the one piece of chalk they sent me in the mail.

Review: The best chalk just got better. Worth the price if you value your game. It feels right going on, and the hit is better, with or without extreme english. It all comes down to being able to deliver a confident stroke when you need it. That's priceless. You could use cheaper chalk, but why?

There's a sucker born every minute.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do people pay $2 for a cube of pre flag when you can just swap a cube of post flag at any pool hall for free and masters themselves have said on plenty of occasions that the only difference is that they decided to put a flag on the wrapper after 9/11.

Pre-flag is different, but why would you steal :confused:from a pool hall?

Rod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And so, that's why you need the Gator Grip from Kamui. :D Seriously though, the metal mesh on the Gator Grip is much finer than most tip tools and does not eat up the tip as rapidly as most tip tools. It makes smaller divots into the leather and I think because they are smaller and more numerous, it allows the chalk to spread more evenly.

I agree that no chalk is the cure, just like no one aiming system is the cure.

On the other hand, it's always nice to try out different equipment and tools to see how they affect your game and you.

I know Joey but there is a very fine file out there that is close the same. Its about 1/3 the price as well. I have enough tools, don't need a top box when I play. :grin:

Rod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's debatable. There could very well be times that you miscue where your tip was a fraction of a millimeter from being max draw and an extra amount of friction from better chalk WOULD have made all the difference from getting the money and the glory.

Sometimes it's 99% Indian and 1% arrow and 100% is required.

Everything is debatable if one is that type. I'll pass on the glory, I already get the cheese - that .1% means little to me. However if one miscues a lot it could be a good investment.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

the better question is why do people have to steal chalk from the pool room. It cost you .25 buy a cube, SHOT STEALING CHALK
A THIEF IS A THIEF, DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU ARE STEALING

Last edited:

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
Seriously homo-erotic undertones as well - "it's like the foreskin of an extra virgin" - WTF is THAT all about?

...probably stopped himself before he said too much:D
that was creepier than any episode of "Criminal Minds"
...i was just waiting for Hotchner, Morgan, and Reid to bust in.:D

Lumocolor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the better question is why do people have to steal chalk from the pool room. It cost you .25 buy a cube, SHOT STEALING CHALK
A THIEF IS A THIEF, DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU ARE STEALING

I don't know, they give me a tray of balls and 4-5 cubes of chalk which i use on the tip of my cue. I'm sorry if that's wrong.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know, they give me a tray of balls and 4-5 cubes of chalk which i use on the tip of my cue. I'm sorry if that's wrong.

that was not what you said, you said if you are quick you can get one, If you are just using it why do you have to be so fast. your words not mine, I was just curious. It is only .25 a cube

Lumocolor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that was not what you said, you said if you are quick you can get one, If you are just using it why do you have to be so fast. your words not mine, I was just curious. It is only .25 a cube

I guess i'm just lucky the local room would rather have my $10 an hour when i come back alive every week than retrieve the chalk with a bullet as you suggested.

But i thank you for the warning me, if i ever play in the US i'll make sure to bring my own not to get shot.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everything is debatable if one is that type. I'll pass on the glory, I already get the cheese - that .1% means little to me. However if one miscues a lot it could be a good investment.

Sounds like you've reached Nirvana in pool. Congrats! Me, I've got a long way to go.

The Chinchilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to hand it to them, Kamui's marketing is unbelievable and they've out done themselves with the chalk. Besides creating a buzz around a $30 cube of chalk they have now instilled the need for existing customers to upgrade every time they come out with a new version.

:bow-down::bow-down::bow-down:

Right, their marketing strategy is to charge WAY too much for their chalk, and watch it advertise itself in these forums via all the people complaining about how much it costs. The ridiculous cost (and it is ridiculous, I dont care what anybody says) is precisely the reason it gets free advertising. It is brilliant as far as I am concerned.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Not much of a marketing strategy if they are going to Pee off and alienate
some of the potential customers.

They would have been much better off to sell it for $10 a cube and they would have had an easier task at justifying the cost.

Myself, I think its more of a novelty than anything else, yet I think it is kind of cool to play with, just not a 25 dollar kind of coolness.

Like I mentioned before, 10 dollars and I would have bought several more cubes. $25 and it was my first and last try out.

One thing that fascinates me is how long it lasts. I have been using this cube for the better part of two weeks playing pretty much every night. Its just now starting to look like it has been used.

That said, it still won't last as long as $25 worth of Blue Diamond or Pre Flag for the same amount of money.

Last night I took a Varney conversion with me. It has a brand new Black Diamond tip on it so there should have been no issues.
I had to chalk almost every shot as it wasn't holding onto the tip. The tip was new and not glazed so your guess would be as good as mine.

Last edited: