Searing Tips review

banker123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like the grip/bite on the cue ball that this tip offers. Better than kamui which feels too hard even for medium.

be1163

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the exact same experience. Started off great then just kept glazing over and would miscue unless you constantly manicured it.

Switched over to a Kamui Black Soft and so far so good.

No matter what tip I use, I scuff lightly with sandpaper before use. Ensure no issues with glazing and miscuing, unless its me of course! ;-)

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was pretty surprised there was not a thread here about them, but I'm sure there are some in the main section.

Just had a Soft Dennis Searing tip put on an OB shaft.

Played for about 3 hours with it just banging around and 4 gambling sets (to make sure I focused LOL).

Is it Soft like a Kamui Black or like a Soft k-tech (Renfro) tip, no. It feels like a Medium Kamui Black. I actually wish I played with the standard Kamui to compare it to, I have a felling it will be close to a Soft Kamui standard tip.

Hit feels good, but not great for my taste. It's a bit too firm for a Soft IMHO. I like my soft tips to be more like an eraser and this one was firmer, I did not feel the same give on the hit as I did with several other soft tips.

So it's a step behind a Kamui Soft Black for me.

I was VERY disappointed with ALL of his tips.

I expected so much from someone like him.

Lol....its a good thing he makes better cues than tips.

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Precision tips

I have installed at least 20 precision tips soft medium and hard - not had any complaints.

Have had a number of folks say they like them.

Put 4 on my shafts ,mostly medium,best tips since the old moori!

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I was VERY disappointed with ALL of his tips.

I expected so much from someone like him.

Lol....its a good thing he makes better cues than tips.

Can you explain, in explicit detail, why you were "VERY" disappointed with "ALL" of his tips?.. What didnt work for you or what didnt you like? Can you elaborate regarding each tip you tried.