The passing of Jerry Lin, Jerry the Dentist

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
No mention has been made, but I understand Jerry Lin "Jerry the Dentist" and his wife were killed in a car accident. Jerry was a dentist in Northridge, CA and was a very good pool player, active in the APA and played in many regional tournaments. Jerry was a great guy and a talented dentist. If anybody knows exactly what happened, I would like to know more.

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
Brutal. Nice man. Always smiling. I'll tell a good story later on about Jerry. Condolences to his family and many, many friends.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
No mention has been made, but I understand Jerry Lin "Jerry the Dentist" and his wife were killed in a car accident. Jerry was a dentist in Northridge, CA and was a very good pool player, active in the APA and played in many regional tournaments. Jerry was a great guy and a talented dentist. If anybody knows exactly what happened, I would like to know more.

PM’d.........

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played him several times in APA events, hell of a nice guy and very good player. My condolences to his, and his wife's, families.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok thanks, it was on a rural highway passing - dangerous stuff. Very sad, RIP Jerry.

RIP Jerry and wife. Amazingly their 7 year old son was in the vehicle and survived the head on collision with a semi.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member

Very sad news indeed. I met him a few times at the Rum Runner Andy Mercer tournament. Real gentleman.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never

Never met the man but feel terrible for surviving friends and family that was a tragic death.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry was one of the nicest guys I had ever met. Always happy, smiling, laughing.... he will be missed.

picture.php

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
RIP Jerry and wife. Amazingly their 7 year old son was in the vehicle and survived the head on collision with a semi.

Thanks Wayne, hope all is well with you. We moved to the central coast in a golf community near Pismo Beach/Arroyo Grande a few years ago.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Jerry was one of the nicest guys I had ever met. Always happy, smiling, laughing.... he will be missed.

Yes, Russ , sad but the news was sure slow to get around for some reason. I think the accident was Dec 27 and I just heard about it . Tall Steve didn't know either. I wonder if he was coming home from Mammoth for the holidays? It was on the 395 and he was heading south...

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Really sad news. A good player and an even better guy. I know that stretch of highway 395 well. We used to use that route to get up to Reno for the Sands tourneys in the 80's and 90's. I saw one fatal accident there myself. A young Asian man who was solidly built (looked like a body builder), driving a small pick-up truck hit a full sized pick-up head on. I was the first one to get to his car and took one look at him and knew he was gone. Good looking young man too. I will never forget that. Like Jerry, he had fallen asleep on the long drive home and drifted into the oncoming lane of traffic.

There are several very dangerous roads in California (highway 126 comes to mind first) and you must use caution driving them. People get either sleepy or distracted and they are all two lane roads, with no barriers between the lanes. I just made a trip on highway 243 to Idyllwild, 22 miles up a curving narrow road to the top of a mountain 6500 feet up. Idyllwild is a real nice little village on top of the mountain. Great place to visit and stay for a couple of days, with lots of cool stores and good places to eat. On the way back down, with drop-offs over a thousand feet just off the edge of the road, some guy coming up in an old SUV came flying around a turn at maybe 50-55 mph (35 was probably a safe speed) and I saw his car leaning precariously over, tilting toward my oncoming lane. His right side wheels were nearly off the pavement. I moved over as far as I could and just slid by. Afterwards I realized that if his car had fallen sideways I would have had no way out, with only a fraction of a second to react. I was lucky that day! And so was my wife.

Last edited:

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If there is any kind of fund for their son please let me know. I have no idea what family Jerry has here.

Ra Hanna is doing a project on Facebook regarding Jerry and pool. He was asked about a fund and he said no fund needed because the child is very well taken care of.

Post First

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, all Ra Hanna here... The passing of Jerry Lin and his wife Linda has hit home hard.. I attended the funeral ceremony and it was really heartbreaking... Jerry's son Preston is going to be very well taken care of and loved. It was very evident the pain that the family is in but it was also very evident that Preston will be loved. We are planning a memorial for Jerry, the place has not been determined yet, it will coincide with a Mezz stop, possibly at Plush Pocket. I am putting together a video presentation for Preston so that he could see for himself exactly what kind of man his dad was.. I'm looking for footage and pics. I've already been helped by the APA Mauricio Marroquin and Sarah Parks... If you have any footage or pics that you would like to be included, please send me an email at ra@otwpromotions.com
Thank you and God Bless..

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've been pretty broken up about it ever since I heard the news. Jerry was a great player, great friend, and just a great person overall.