WE got ACTION

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
OldHasBeen said:
I just won my match in the 3 round without a loss of a match (or a game). I've been told that the $ starts in either the 4 or 5 round - SO - Even if I were lose my next match in round 4 tomorrow and do a buyback, it would put me into round 5 and the $ won would be more than the $100 buyback. One of these times OldHasBeen is going to run into a "YOUNG IS"!
Gotta go now with my iced up 6 pack cooler of Bud and look for some more idiots.
Supposed to be some good matches tonight - but I have to make sure to get my sleep later like I got a serious chance!

Later, OHB

Keep it going "Old One". Maybe you won't need to buy back at all? I ran into someone who says he knows you very well, Ron Lincoln from the Denver area. He confirmed all you have been posting on AZB about your past is pretty much true. Continued good playing.

Dave

O

onepocketchump

Durbin and Joyner have been playing since I got there at 3pm. Joyner was stuck on 2 games up playing 4 ahead for 2 dimes and who knows how much on the rail. When I just left the action room at 1:30AM Durbin was up a game.

Joyner plays some shots that are ungodly and then misses straight in hangers - I don't get it. (maybe I should "get it" since I do the same thing - just with less great shots and more misses)

John

M

mac72

Old Hasbeen

I hear all these gambling stories and would love to see you in action...I talked to alot of St.louis shooters trying to get a line on you and they swear they have never seen you gamble...please set them straight

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mac72 said:
I hear all these gambling stories and would love to see you in action...I talked to alot of St.louis shooters trying to get a line on you and they swear they have never seen you gamble...please set them straight
Not to chime in for the OHB, but...
Why should he gamble when there are idiots all around?!?!
I wonder if the guy who bet him on the remainder of the set will ever know the odds he was giving up. Nice one OHB. I believe you knows too much.

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
OldHasBeen said:
"WONDERFUL COUNTRY, AMERICA"!
TY & GL, OHB
It is a wonderful country; and pool is a great sport..... Keep it going, OHB.

I'll see everyone in the morning.

Mike

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
uwate said:
Action everywhere.

Justin Bergman over the California kid in 9 ball for 1k.

Justin hasn't played anyone called the California kid or anyone from California for that matter.

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
As I've said many times - Gambling is Bad - Betting is good.

mac72 said:

I really don't play that much anymore and when I do, it is at The Break in Cahokia. Most or all of the St. Louis people you speak of weren’t around when I was in my heyday. I have never said I was a top player. Just a good Hustler and that could never be done in St. Louis. (Think about it)
Anyone who thinks I won't gamble - try a mortgage for $350K, Another for $190K - A multi $K stock portfolio, a business responsible for over $400K in payroll/commissions paid annually & 2 kids in a Private Catholic College (St. Louis University).
THAT'S GAMBLING!

Most gamblers spend a lot of time trying to get even.
Hell, I can't afford to get even & sure don't want to.
I don't have that much money!

Gotta go now and play Alex some One Pocket in round 4.

TY & GL, OHB

Last edited:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I am from St Louis but was not around in OHB heyday. However, after all his talk I did some research into his HASBEEN playing ability. More than a few people described him as the 8 under Louie Roberts but he never had to play more than the last 5 under Louie to get the cash in his hustling. Enough said.

Now, someone go table side for his match against Alex and chant USA USA everytime OHB makes a ball.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
watchez said:
Justin hasn't played anyone called the California kid or anyone from California for that matter.

He must be called something else then, because we watched the match ourselves, it was on Friday or Saturday..those two days melded together. It was an afternoon match inside the lounge area, just past the entrance on the first table in the first room. The guy he beat resides in St Pete Florida. He calls himself the California Kid or at least thats what he tells folks at the Flamingo in St Pete. The amount may be wrong as I was going on what this guy told me later after they were finished. Of all the people to play, he picked Justin...didnt seem so smart to me but I have been told the guy plays jamup one hole.

Last edited:

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
(FYI) - My Match With Alex!

A lot of "First" for this OHB playing "Alex The Lion".

First - We played on the TV table.
Second - We played with the measles cue ball.
Third - We used the Sardo Rack.

The first game set the tone for the match.

Alex won the break flip and I played excellent safety’s to get the score to me +2 & Alex -2 after about 8 innings. I was off on a safety shot by about ¼ inch and Alex ran 10 & out.
Second game - After 9 innings Alex owed 1 and I had 1. Alex kicked 3 rails and made a dead combo in the stack and ran 9 & out.
Third game - He just ran 8 & out from the second shot after the break.

Wow - At one time I actually felt like I was playing Louie back in the '70's. He goes straight for the jugular and shows no mercy. If he does play a safety it is still about 80% offence. This Alex is really a very nice & funny guy to play with.
I was glad to be able to play on the TV table and enjoyed the entire experience.
Now that I'm "In The Money", I hope I draw Efren next. I think I now have these Philippino’s figured out. All I have to do is play perfect, don't miss anything, and hope they are off a little bit.

“Now On To Action”, OHB.

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
uwate said:
He must be called something else then, because we watched the match ourselves, it was on Friday or Saturday..those two days melded together. It was an afternoon match inside the lounge area, just past the entrance on the first table in the first room. The guy he beat resides in St Pete Florida. He calls himself the California Kid or at least thats what he tells folks at the Flamingo in St Pete. The amount may be wrong as I was going on what this guy told me later after they were finished. Of all the people to play, he picked Justin...didnt seem so smart to me but I have been told the guy plays jamup one hole.

Whas he a short guy named Mike or was he tall & skinny with black curly hair named Wayne? the Flamingo is my home and nobody there is called the California Kid. Sounds like they made up a name so they would not loose face
when they came back after losing. We do have a really good 1P player from Baltimore named Jeff Brinkman aka Piano Man he is about 5'10" 180 with a
mustache and plays with a Sruggs. Let me know what he looked like.:D

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
That $2K match never happened.

watchez said:

You’re correct Watchez. I was around Justin when they were going to play.
I asked Justin for $200 of his bet and he said sure.
This guy only had two problems, No Backer & Broke.
He tried to get Justin to play for $500 and then when Justin finally agreed, he then wanted to play for $50 a game. I told Justin to tell this guy to get his s*** together and don't bother him until he does.
I then went to bed and heard the next day from Chuck that Justin played a set for $1K and lost (but not with this guy). Justin had a steak horse for that game.
Then he played another fellow for $500 on his own and won.
Watchez - Justin just told me that the St. Louis Whale (think Wright City) is on his way.
Be here Wednesday.

TY & GL, OHB

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
uwate said:
Justin knew the guy from playing him in West Palm Beach. Guess he gets around. California Kid?? Sounds like he has made up a nickname for himself that no one else knows about. And the reason that he jumped up to play Justin even was the last time they played, he gave Justin the 5 ball. Justin got lucky to win. He is playing terrible & might not get into anymore action while down there. As you can see, he hasn't played anyone in over 2 days.

Yes, the short guys name was Mike. Thanks for the clarification Capt. Fortunately, he played worse than Justin.

Yes, I hear the whale is on the way. But the same story was told last year & he was a no show. I will be back Wednesday night also to check in for the rest of the weekend. Hopefully Justin is behaving himself & hasn't gotten thrown out of my room & hotel. j/k. Hey OHB, if you see Justin ask him how his trip to the gas station was....this will tell you how far the elevator goes up in this kids head. It is OK to call him stupid, I did.

Last edited:

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
watchez said:
Justin knew the guy from playing him in West Palm Beach. Guess he gets around. California Kid?? Sounds like he has made up a nickname for himself that no one else knows about. And the reason that he jumped up to play Justin even was the last time they played, he gave Justin the 5 ball. Justin got lucky to win. He is playing terrible & might not get into anymore action while down there. As you can see, he hasn't played anyone in over 2 days.

He came into town a few months ago and left his cash at the Flamingo...LOL
He gets real mad at himself and smashes his cue down when he misses. LMAO.

Last edited:

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
CaptainHook said:
Whas he a short guy named Mike or was he tall & skinny with black curly hair named Wayne? the Flamingo is my home and nobody there is called the California Kid. Sounds like they made up a name so they would not loose face
when they came back after losing. We do have a really good 1P player from Baltimore named Jeff Brinkman aka Piano Man he is about 5'10" 180 with a
mustache and plays with a Sruggs. Let me know what he looked like.:D
LOL it wasnt Wayne. Wayne was with me and he was the one who told me that Mike calls himself the California Kid. Wayne said he was trying to trap Bubba (lol goooood luck there, like Bubba hasnt faded that trap before a gazillion times). Wayne only plays like the last 5 under Justin haha....but he sure was itching to find a cue and still match up. Thats the power of the DCC I guess. :)

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
uwate said:
LOL it wasnt Wayne. Wayne was with me and he was the one who told me that Mike calls himself the California Kid. Wayne said he was trying to trap Bubba (lol goooood luck there, like Bubba hasnt faded that trap before a gazillion times). Wayne only plays like the last 5 under Justin haha....but he sure was itching to find a cue and still match up. Thats the power of the DCC I guess. :)

Yeah, Wayne does not mind paying for a good lesson.:D :D

I dont think that Mike guy will be coming by the Flamingo anytime soon.
He just can't get a handle on our Gold Crown.:rolleyes:

pillage6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it Mike Najarian or whatever he wants to call himself these days? Smallish, bad complexion, bad teeth, shaved head that said he was learning under Buddy Hall for a while?

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
pillage6 said:
Is it Mike Najarian or whatever he wants to call himself these days? Smallish, bad complexion, bad teeth, shaved head that said he was learning under Buddy Hall for a while?

LMAO that makes me think of the movie "Deliverance".:D :eek:

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OldHasBeen said:
Nfty - I just finished my second round OP match & won 3-0 again. 3rd round drawing won't be until 8pm tonight.
Really, there is way too much going on to see or tell about it all. Too much action to line up - too much beer to drink - too much food to eat and too much communication with my office to keep the bills paid FOR SURE.

Cute Story - (not to brag or feed my ego)
Just played a very nice fellow who bought back in after losing to a pro in his first match. He told me during the first game that he was so happy to see he wasn't playing a "Known Name" and that made his $100 buyback seem justified.
I could tell he is probably a very good 9-Ball player.
After keeping him completly locked up and then making some pretty good shots to make it 2-0. He says "WHO THE F*** ARE YOU" ???

Many rumors going around about many big action games to be played but sometimes they happen at the same time and you just have to make a choice. If I'm not betting - I just keep slithering around looking for live one.

Found a good one last night - 2 good players were playing a 9-Ball race to 11 for $2K. Player A was winning 9-1 and I overhear this sweater say "Man, I wish I had a bet on him".
I kinda butt in a say - Tell you what! I'll give you a $40 a game bet and I'll take player B. I couldn't believe it when the guy says "YOU GOT IT"!
I know player B pretty well and he overheard the bet. As we were posting, player B winks to me (Not because he had the nuts - just because he knew what a great bet it is). Player B wins the set 11-10.
"WONDERFUL COUNTRY, AMERICA"!

TY & GL, OHB

OHB u got me over here in pain ..That is the Wildset shit i have ever hear ..Keep it come .Now that is what i like to hear ,,,,