View Single Post
Old
  (#68)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-26-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
You know...I was thinking about the distinction between practice stroking and the final execution stroke. When we practice stroke, are we really practicing the final stroke or are we just aiming, aligning and waggling? I think it's more part of the aiming process than the stroking process.
Yes, it's an essential part of the aiming process for me - but it's also "rehearsals" for the shot stroke, which I also want to ensure is exactly aligned. I suppose the degree it's one vs. the other depends on the player. I look forward to the day when my stroke will be automatically aligned and true - but when (if) that day comes I hope it doesn't make me careless about checking it as part of my shot routine.

pj
chgo