Gerda Hofstätter - WPBA HoF 2018

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's been a few days since it hit the AZ front page, but I just saw it. Congratulations to Gerda Hofstätter on being the 2018 WPBA Hall of Fame inductee. Every candidate is totally worth, but longtime internet forum posters might remember that Gerda has been my favorite WPBA player since the early 2000's.

In what I think is an unbelievable statistic, through the years where Alison Fisher was winning every tournament imaginable, the six WPBA tournaments I in which I attended the finals, Gerda won three of them. I just assume it was my attendance that swayed the play, yes?

Congratulations, Gerda "G-Force" Hofstätter!

Freddie <~~~ privileged

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Gerda is total class, my favorite WPBA player also. Gerda is one of the few legends of the game that I have not had the fortune of meeting. Very happy for her. :cool:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's great news. She was a great player- even beat Earl on the IPT once. Does she still play competitively at all?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's great news. She was a great player- even beat Earl on the IPT once. Does she still play competitively at all?
I'm sure she still plays very well, but seems like I heard her say in a recent interview at the time of her WPBA HOF induction that she's pretty much decided to retire from competition, largely due to a nervous condition causing her shooting arm to shake/tremble - an affliction that has affected a number of top players - Michael Coltraine and Stevie Moore to name just a few. I know she's been fighting that for many years, but perhaps it's gotten worse. Not to mention I believe she now has 2 young ones at home to take care of!

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always liked Gerda

BDF9992F-F084-4597-99B1-830E3604E3CC.jpg