1940s Brunswick Wedge Cue ID??? Any info good

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow fantastic cue! Thank you for all the great info. This cue plays great. The shaft is straight too. Was it common to have the ebony/maple shaft?

Very early 1900s to mid 1920s. Was a weight forward idea. Had to move heavy balls on slow cloth. All the early Brunswick catalogs had these as options on shafts.

Google for the catalogs...very interesting stuff

https://brunswick.pastperfectonline.com/search?utf8=✓&search_criteria=Catalog&searchButton=Search

There's a 1938 2 piece cue with similar shaft. The veneered cue is similar. There were always custom cues not in catalog.

Last edited:

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Butt below the wrap sorta looks oddly and marginally more red than the points. Wonder what’s under that wrap. Are the wedge and points veneers the Same width?

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Butt below the wrap sorta looks oddly and marginally more red than the points. Wonder what’s under that wrap. Are the wedge and points veneers the Same width?

in person the veneer look the same on the points and butt. Light green and light purple is my best guess.

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, it's just sitting in my closet so I'm thinking about selling or trading it. Anyone interested before I list it up?