Cue stolen at pool room - culprit found - what would you do?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Last week at my local pool room a Huebler cue was stolen and with security camera assistance they were able to see the young man, who by the way, appeared to be in his early to mid-20s, picking up the cue and slipping it under his jacket then leaving.

Because this thief was with a friend who paid with a credit card the police were able to track him down they contacted him and went and retrieved the stolen cue.

My friend whose cue it was decided not to press charges saying the guy was a young knucklehead and he is just happy to get his cue back.

I'm curious in a situation like this what my fellow AZ members would have done.

Have him arrested or cut him a break?

best,
brian kc

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Two choices, press charges or street justice. How the hell will the boy learn if one of these two are aren't done?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Between Arrested and Break I would lean Break but he would be doing
something like community service, digging gum out from under tables or something.
Not just scott free.

Last week at my local pool room a Huebler cue was stolen and with security camera assistance they were able to see the young man, who by the way, appeared to be in his early to mid-20s, picking up the cue and slipping it under his jacket then leaving.

Because this thief was with a friend who paid with a credit card the police were able to track him down they contacted him and went and retrieved the stolen cue.

My friend whose cue it was decided not to press charges saying the guy was a young knucklehead and he is just happy to get his cue back.

best,
brian kc

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
arressted, if you can even be arressted over such a thing

taking things into your own hands opens up a whole lot more shit i dont need over a pool cue

let the cops do thier job,

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
never break the law
depeding on the kids age
perhaps meet with his parents and then contact the police if you are not satisfied

should his parents talk about getting serious with him
perhaps he should be required to work it off say 20 hours,sweeping floors,cleaning toilets

and bar him from the pool room

but never break the law

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would I cut him a break?

No but if they cut thieves hands off or at least broke them this stuff would rarely happen.

Last edited:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two choices, press charges or street justice. How the hell will the boy learn if one of these two are aren't done?

Please consider not pushing this street justice stuff... If you hurt someone in a premeditated assault you're doing a good chunk of time.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’d probably do nothing.
...and he’ll probably bar himself....how can he show his face?

On the other hand, if the Huebler had an original shaft with the nylon insert...
....I might engage a professional hitman. :cool:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
He should be banished to the phantom zone. Superman comics, long time ago. But it would be appropriate.

All the best,
WW

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

best,
brian kc

At a minimum, and with the room owner's concurrence, he should be banned from the room for a year or three.

Lou Figueroa

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
No charges, but he has to do some sort of community service, maybe at the pool hall or pick up trash around it for a few weekends.

Between Arrested and Break I would lean Break but he would be doing
something like community service, digging gum out from under tables or something.
Not just scott free.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it was a Huebler, the thief would probably return it after he shot with it!

that's funny I don't care who you are!

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Have the guy do 5 - 10 hours as a rack boy in the place before he's allowed back on the tables. The time spent racking would depend on his attitude / remorse / shame factor. At least 1 hour should be done for the owner of the cue. Perhaps let him set the hour limit? :eek:

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
Arrested - no question. Letting him off the hook isn't doing anyone any favors - including the thief.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
It would depend on his attitude and reasons. Maybe talk to him and see what his reason was and if that sort of thing is something he has done or will do again.

Everyone makes mistakes and who knows maybe he is a good person who made a bad mistake. I will never condone stealing but helping someone through a bad time can be a good thing.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Boiled in oil, slowly.