Wrapless Cue

dkknight93

Registered
I just got a wrapless cue, and I'm used to having a more slippery wrapped cue. The new wrapless cue is feeling a bit sticky for my taste. Is there anything that can be done to make the wrapless cue less sticky/smoother?

Thanks!

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got a wrapless cue, and I'm used to having a more slippery wrapped cue. The new wrapless cue is feeling a bit sticky for my taste. Is there anything that can be done to make the wrapless cue less sticky/smoother?

Thanks!

I doubt it since most butts are polyurethaned which probably gives the tacky feeling .

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Wrapless

Thanks!

Wear a glove

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member

Thanks!

Wax it, put furniture polish on it? keep it clean and dry? Use the liquid stuff that makes the shaft slick.

Biosilk works pretty good as do the generic brands.

cuemaker03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Play with for a while and if you can't get used to it either sell it of bring it to a cuemaker and get a wrap installed, (they will have to cut a wrap groove, so just keep that in mind as there will be no going back).

wixo3

welp
Silver Member
Maybe try waxing it? but if your hands get even a little moist there's no way around it, it will stick to the cue

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Play with for a while and if you can't get used to it either sell it of bring it to a cuemaker and get a wrap installed, (they will have to cut a wrap groove, so just keep that in mind as there will be no going back).

I had to do just what you suggest. I took my full splice bumperless hoppe to Steve Lomax and got a nice leather wrap put on it. Much better for me than wrapless.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
if you want it to slide a little bit, you can sand off the handle using 1500-2000 grit then maintain it using talc powder.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Wrap it

I don't know what its called but they use the wrap the handle bars of a bicycle with it.

You can send it to a cue maker and he could cut the wrapless part and install leather or Irish wrap

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks!

Love wrapless.
Once you get used to them you'll never go back.
That sticky feel makes it possible for you to loosen up on your grip.
Which sounds like it may be a little tight anyway.

hotrod622

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love wrapless.
Once you get used to them you'll never go back.
That sticky feel makes it possible for you to loosen up on your grip.
Which sounds like it may be a little tight anyway.

I agree 100%. I started using my wrapless because I was playing in a tournament where conditions were extremely hot. My Irish linen cue got too uncomfortable to play with. I pulled out the wrapless and have never been able to go back.

So, if you never get used to it, send it to me and I'll send you my wrapped cue and your problem will be solved. LOL