More Pool Wars

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Hey Jay ... any update? Late last year the word was pretty much all done and will be out in January. Not trying to bug you ... just anxious. :)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The book is finished. I need to get it reformatted for printing and then it will go to print. Should be ready go in Feb. I'll keep you informed.

P.S. It's a little thicker (about 200 pages) with more stories, but without all the pics. The first 80-90% of the book are all short stories and the last section is entitled "My Little Black Book of Pool Secrets", which hopefully will also be enjoyable reading for everyone.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
coincidentally, we were all talking about this tonight, too! mainly, because KK9 f-i-n-a-l-l-y got his copy back from dootysquat - on loan since last summer. they were chit-chatting about the stories & how they can't wait for More.

i'm up to page 50 & loving it!

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
order

I really enyoyed the first Pool wars. Put me on the list as soonas it is ready. Count me in!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry guys, it's taking a little longer than expected in getting formatted for printing. I'm all over it but the process just takes time. My goal is to have books in hand this month. Until then I will not take any orders.

My preference is to handle orders either by Paypal or check (mail). I prefer not to start taking credit cards, but I will if necessary.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry guys, it's taking a little longer than expected in getting formatted for printing. I'm all over it but the process just takes time. My goal is to have books in hand this month. Until then I will not take any orders.

My preference is to handle orders either by Paypal or check (mail). I prefer not to start taking credit cards, but I will if necessary.

Unacceptable!

Where can we send the $ for preorder!:sorry::):D:grin-square:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Okay, FINALLY! My new book (More Pool Wars) is going to print. The first run of 100 Proof copies should be on my doorstep in 2-3 weeks. The second run of 900 more will come shortly after.

I will sell the numbered Proof copies to the first 100 people who make an advance order now. They will cost $25 each plus $5 shipping (First Class mail), $30 total. Or you can wait and buy a regular copy, which is the exact same book, just not numbered, and save $6.

You can pick which number (from 1 to 100) you want, unless it has been previously taken. You cannot order yet through my website for a Proof copy, only directly from me here. My Paypal is jayhelfert@yahoo.com (DO NOT order as a gift!) and for checks send to me at P.O. Box 1883, Redondo Beach, CA 90278. Please specify PROOF and the number you want (1 to 100). It's not a bad idea to give me a back up number in case yours has been taken, plus your e-mail if I need to communicate with you.

These are the only copies available for order at this time. The regular copies will be available shortly (next month) and will be on my website. They will sell for $19.95 plus $4.95 shipping. I am not ready to take orders for them yet, so please don't try to order off my website or on here. I will let you know when they are available for shipping.

If you have any questions, please no PM's (my box fills up to quick). Just send me an e-mail. Thanks, hope you like my new book. Let's just say it's different!

Last edited:

Mooneye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd love lucky number 7, if it's available Jay. I sent payment via PayPal. Can't wait to read it!!!!

Larry Moore

daphish1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Payment sent. Can't wait to read the new book

Edit: i didn't put proof in the comments either but did request numbers

Last edited:

DJ66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Payment sent! Can't wait to read it! (forgot to put "proof"in the comments, but did request numbers though). You will autograph, right?

Last edited:

Curt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just sent my $30 and asked for #15 or #21. Hope one is available! Thanks Jay, Curt

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
All good guys! I have your orders and the requested numbers. Please be patient with this process. I won't have the proofs for 2-3 weeks and then I will begin mailing in the order that payment was received. I have to sign and seal each book, then go to the post office, and I suspect it may take a few days just to send out the first 100.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Hey Jay ... just sent $30 via Paypal and gave you a back up number if my first choice was taken. Looking forward to getting into it. I wish you much success with this project. :thumbup:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
way cool!
Timothy-Leary-mugshot-6696949.400x800.jpg

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
way cool!
Timothy-Leary-mugshot-6696949.400x800.jpg

Never met the man or heard of him frequenting any California poolroom. I did play Waterdog when he was high on acid and that was interesting to say the least. He was calling the balls names like The Sun, The Moon, Venus and Mars, and talking to them about colliding and crashing into each other. Needless to say he couldn't ever run a rack in his condition. I cleaned him out and gave him a cup of coffee afterwards. :wink:

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Jay please send me copy #100 I will be going to paypal right after this post.

Thanks
Jim Baker