DigiCue Blue improving your game?

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I haven't seen any posts in a while concerning this new tool. Now that they have been out for a little bit, who has one?

Anyone bearing down and seeing improvements with it?

donuteric

always a newbie
Silver Member
I don't own one but have played with one in a couple dozen sessions and found the device to be quite helpful. I've also noticed friends who routinely practice with it are cueing much straighter. Their pocketing ability and consistency are noticeably improved.

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
I have one and it's helping quite a bit. I was passing everything on intermediate except tip steer right. I was getting a fault nearly every shot for tip steer right 3.0. I am getting better when I bear down on concentrate on it.

I also won this one in a giveaway and like the functionality of the app a little better OB but prefer the Digicue the way it mounts on the butt of the cue.

http://www.cue-md.com/

eazyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone else use this and their game improved ? If so what level where you before this and what level are you now?

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
I don't own one but have played with one in a couple dozen sessions and found the device to be quite helpful. I've also noticed friends who routinely practice with it are cueing much straighter. Their pocketing ability and consistency are noticeably improved.

This speaks volumes. The reviews for the DigiCue BLUE have been better than expected. I am hoping we have hit this one out of the park!

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
This speaks volumes. The reviews for the DigiCue BLUE have been better than expected. I am hoping we have hit this one out of the park!

The digicue will not allow you to pass the straightness parameter if you have a pendulum stroke. I have heard it can be done if you address the cue tip to the cue ball at the upstroke of the pendulum arc. I am trying it but as yet I am unsuccessful. Digicue needs to take it's time in creating a well thought out video to address the correction of this straightness parameter.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The digicue will not allow you to pass the straightness parameter if you have a pendulum stroke. I have heard it can be done if you address the cue tip to the cue ball at the upstroke of the pendulum arc. I am trying it but as yet I am unsuccessful. Digicue needs to take it's time in creating a well thought out video to address the correction of this straightness parameter.

Yes, I do need to create a video. I am trying to find time to make one.

A pendulum stroke is not straight. I.e. it is not a straight line through space. It is an arc. If you have a pronounced pendulum stroke then you are not stroking in a straight line.

If you want to measure if the path of your pendulum stroke at least stays along a vertical place, then observe the tip steer parameter.

Nate

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ran the pass around for this and I have to say, everyone who tried it was very impressed.

With work and the holidays I haven’t had a ton of practice time in lately but I feel like I get the most out of what little time I have using the DigiCue Blue and it makes me bear down and really focus on proper stroke mechanics. I feel like I’m better able to replicate that already in a match situation so it’s definitely helping. Really looking forward to the next couple months when I’ll have a little more time to invest in properly training with it.

eazyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
guess not many people on here have it or just dont want to post.
Looking to see what kind of improvements have you had.

Example - i was a 5 in apa and now after 2 months of using this i am a 7 etc..

Hope others can chime in.

Thanks,

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
Speaking with an instructor yesterday about this product and his comment which makes perfect sense was "because you know what is wrong is great but the Digicue doesn't tell you how to fix it".

koolkatt58

Registered
Digicue Blue Thoughts

Hi All:

I wanted to share my thoughts on the threads I have read on the forum on the digi cue blue. I have the original I will be getting the new one soon. I have noticed a lot of people say they cannot get the straightness to go green and I have also read where people are changing their strokes to try and satisfy the device.
I been playing pool for many years and I do not think unless your really a novice or a beginner that you should be changing drastically. If your a pretty good player and you play well I would use this device as an analytical tool for my stroke and fundamentals.
For example I grip the cue very loosely with the first 2 fingers and my thumb I been playing that way all my life. I could never change that now I would be missing balls left and right.
Another thing I notice is a lot of guys get the device and throw it on advanced right away and try to beat it. I would think you should start on beginner or at the most intermediate and hit hundreds of balls and play a while and then maybe advance to the next level. If your a pro like Shane Van Boening or Jayson Shaw and you have hit thousands and thousands of balls then you could put it on advanced. But the average player or the recreational player I think advanced would get you frustrated and that is not what the device is intended to do. Just my thoughts!!!!!

Last edited:

Masseyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi All:

I wanted to share my thoughts on the threads I have read on the forum on the digi cue blue. I have the original I will be getting the new one soon. I have noticed a lot of people say they cannot get the straightness to go green and I have also read where people are changing their strokes to try and satisfy the device.
I been playing pool for many years and I do not think unless your really a novice or a beginner that you should be changing drastically. If your a pretty good player and you play well I would use this device as an analytical tool for my stroke and fundamentals.
For example I grip the cue very loosely with the first 2 fingers and my thumb I been playing that way all my life. I could never change that now I would be missing balls left and right.
Another thing I notice is a lot of guys get the device and throw it on advanced right away and try to beat it. I would think you should start on beginner or at the most intermediate and hit hundreds of balls and play a while and then maybe advance to the next level. If your a pro like Shane Van Boening or Jayson Shaw and you have hit thousands and thousands of balls then you could put it on advanced. But the average player or the recreational player I think advanced would get you frustrated and that is not what the device is intended to do. Just my thoughts!!!!!

I agree with no drastic changes, however, it's the subtle changes that can make the biggest difference.
I suffered from unwanted English and poor position play on certain shots. The Digicue Blue has made me aware of the specific flaws in my stroke I need to work on.
I, also stuck it on intermediate right away and started shooting, I then had to move it to beginner, and after a few small corrections, moved it back to intermediate to start honing in on the things that need the most work.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The value of any new tool used for any purpose is always based on the results obtained.

A tool could be ideal for some and not so great for others. It always comes down to results.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I bought one and have to say it's a very useful item. Every measured parameter of the stroke can be customized to fit your own needs/skill level, or you can go with the presets for beginner, intermediate, or advanced.

I like that you can turn off any parameter you feel doesn't need work. I like setting the "Finish" on 2.5 seconds to help me stay down longer on every shot. I don't stay down that long every time, but having it set so high helps me try to stay down and not rush or raise up on certain shots. I like the stat history for each parameter on each shot and the ability to delete individual shots from the history, maybe due to having to jab or jump the shot or because of a miscue. But on the miscue you could look for possible stroke errors that could've caused the miscues if it wasn't just due to a poor chalking habit.

Because it monitors and records flaws that you can't usually see or feel in real time, I think it's the best stroke trainer/evaluator I've ever seen or used. It's really helped me develop a pause in my back stroke.

Here's a screen shot of the parameters that can be analized, turned on or off if desired. I've finally worked my back stroke pause consistently into the green. Any parameter that does not meet the defined preset (or as set by user) will show up red. When I first got this thing, my pause was red quite a bit.

picture.php

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
It seems like the problem with straightness is a problem of terminology. I know when I think of a straight stroke I think of side to side motion or lack thereof rather than up and down motion. I realize that in the Digicue Blue app that is called tip steer, but I could see how that could be confusing.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I do need to create a video. I am trying to find time to make one.

A pendulum stroke is not straight. I.e. it is not a straight line through space. It is an arc. If you have a pronounced pendulum stroke then you are not stroking in a straight line.

If you want to measure if the path of your pendulum stroke at least stays along a vertical place, then observe the tip steer parameter.

Nate

This comment should be a sticky in the instructor forum for the whole elbow drop vs pendulum debate.
Great device by the way.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't seen any posts in a while concerning this new tool. Now that they have been out for a little bit, who has one?

Anyone bearing down and seeing improvements with it?

I have been using Digicue blue since February and it has improved my game. The software helps narrow down grip and stroke problems. This tool is well worth the money.
:thumbup:

Masseyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wanted to post a screengrab of the PC version of my results after a couple of weeks with the DigiCue Blue.
Before I started using the Digi Blu I knew there were problems with my cue stroke but not completely sure what they were. I am far from done working on issues, but this tool has been a great help.

*note - the circle in the graph is not a representation of the cue ball, but more of a bulls eye target, my guess is the size of a dime.

When I first started, my cue control (tip accuracy) was terrible, with a bad left tip steer.
I now have more confidence in my stroke which gives me more confidence in longer or tougher shots

This screen grab is from a few practice games.

Digi capture2.jpg

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wanted to post a screengrab of the PC version of my results after a couple of weeks with the DigiCue Blue.
Before I started using the Digi Blu I knew there were problems with my cue stroke but not completely sure what they were. I am far from done working on issues, but this tool has been a great help.

*note - the circle in the graph is not a representation of the cue ball, but more of a bulls eye target, my guess is the size of a dime.

When I first started, my cue control (tip accuracy) was terrible, with a bad left tip steer.
I now have more confidence in my stroke which gives me more confidence in longer or tougher shots

This screen grab is from a few practice games.

View attachment 488591

Oh! I forgot to mention... the dark grey bars under each bar represent your average for the current session. A session is the last time since you launched the program. (The program still needs some nice polishing, but its a functional start).

Masseyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh! I forgot to mention... the dark grey bars under each bar represent your average for the current session. A session is the last time since you launched the program. (The program still needs some nice polishing, but its a functional start).

I thought those were just shadow effect, that's a great feature. :thumbup:

The other day I had the PC App and my phone going at the same time. Sometimes the Tip steer readings didn't match up with each other. Does the Digicue send the final data or does it send raw data and the app runs calculations to show final data?