German Championships - 14.1, 8-Ball, 9-Ball

tommy84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wanted to keep you guys in touch with what happens in Germany.

The National Championships take place at the moment and the straight pool competition finished yesterday

Young Manuel Ederer won the final 150:-1 against Kevin Becker in the 5th inning. Ederer ran 111 in the final which was also the tournament highrun.
He ran 97 in an earlier match as well.

Dominic Jentsch lost against Ederer in the semi-final in a pretty open match. Ederer won 150:118 in the 9th inning. Ederer ran 66, Jentsch 58.

Jentsch's righrun was 98, he averaged 21 balls per inning during the whole tournament, as did Roschkowsky who finished the tournament on a tied 5th place
5 more players including the champion Ederer averaged more than 10 balls per inning over the whole tournament

Andreas Roschkowsky and Kevin Becker finished early stage matches race to 125 in the 3rd inning.

8-Ball competition is under way. Kevin Becker and Manuel Ederer are already in the losers bracket. Dominic Jentsch won his first matches 7:3 and 7:0 and is still on the winners bracket. 16 players are left in the tournament

9-Ball competition starts tomorrow, the 10-Ball event is held as a separate tournament as it didn't fit into the tight timetable of the German Championships which is held in a luxury hotel

scottyr44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would appreciate it if you could let me know of some up coming amateur/open tournaments in Germany, since i've been here I haven't heard shit and would like to play in some.

sjharr

insert something witty...
Silver Member
Prize Pool

What is the prize pool for a tournament of this size in Germany?

Steve H

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
I just wanted to keep you guys in touch with what happens in Germany.

The National Championships take place at the moment and the straight pool competition finished yesterday

Young Manuel Ederer won the final 150:-1 against Kevin Becker in the 5th inning. Ederer ran 111 in the final which was also the tournament highrun.
He ran 97 in an earlier match as well.

Dominic Jentsch lost against Ederer in the semi-final in a pretty open match. Ederer won 150:118 in the 9th inning. Ederer ran 66, Jentsch 58.

Jentsch's righrun was 98, he averaged 21 balls per inning during the whole tournament, as did Roschkowsky who finished the tournament on a tied 5th place
5 more players including the champion Ederer averaged more than 10 balls per inning over the whole tournament

Andreas Roschkowsky and Kevin Becker finished early stage matches race to 125 in the 3rd inning.

8-Ball competition is under way. Kevin Becker and Manuel Ederer are already in the losers bracket. Dominic Jentsch won his first matches 7:3 and 7:0 and is still on the winners bracket. 16 players are left in the tournament

9-Ball competition starts tomorrow, the 10-Ball event is held as a separate tournament as it didn't fit into the tight timetable of the German Championships which is held in a luxury hotel

Tommy,
I keep a list of every winner of the German 14.1, 9 ball & 8 ball men's championship going back to 1976. Last year (2009) I could not find the results anywhere. The German link that I used to follow who won is no longer up. Any idea who the winners were last year?

Also, was Ortmann, Engert & Souquet entered this year?

Thanks.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Terry, as my good friend's daughter is a 14.1 German champion now (btw I'm confused the OP mentioned only men results), I had to make a search on this already. Visit http://portal.billardarea.de/cms_single , there you can find anything you want. Rosters, match scores, final standings, etc. Note there is a season 2009/10 also. You might need to use Google to translate the page.

tommy84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No problem,

Souquet, Ortmann, Engert, Hohmann did not participate, nor did they last year.

This is partly because the German Championships are not a prize money tournament, it's just about the honor of becoming German Champion. First of all you have to qualify for the state championships and become state champion or at least be the runner-up to get a nomination for the German Championships. The national association can give wildcards to players for different reasons.

last years German Champions were
Straight pool: John Blacklaw 150:5 against Dominic Jentsch in the 5th inning.
8-Ball: Dominic Jentsch 9:2 against Christian Weigoni
9-Ball: Nicolas Ottermann 11:9 against Dominic Jentsch

Since last year we have a new nationwide league management system, that's why you didn't find the results.
It's www.billardarea.de
From the front page you have access to our top 3 leagues and the singles championships. It also hosts every state association, that's why you have all these funny logos there
But it's a pain in the *** to navigate even for a native speaker. If you want to know some results just ask.

2010 update
John Blacklaw beat Dominic Jentsch 9:8 to become German 8-Ball Champion

@scottyr44
Revillo Cup is a nice tournament, but it is also on a very high level.
Where are you located at in Germany?

On Nov 14th is a 9-ball tournament at Munich with Raj Hundal and Roman Hybler, Nicolas Ottermann and Phillip Stojanovic
Entry fee is 35 Euros, first place payout 672€

Dec 10th - 12th is the "Christmas Open" at Iserlohn. Entry fee is 50 Euros if payed until 1st Dec.
13.800 Euros prize money at stake, 3.500 for the winner, 1.800 for the runner-up
only very few places left in the 128 players field and many strong players signed up

On Nov. 20th is a smaller tournament at Darmstadt (near Frankfurt), but also some strong regional players signed up like Christophe Creter who beat Oliver Ortmann and Christian Maxeiner who beat the austrian Mario He at the Stuttgart Open

Last edited:

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Terry, as my good friend's daughter is a 14.1 German champion now (btw I'm confused the OP mentioned only men results), I had to make a search on this already. Visit http://portal.billardarea.de/cms_single , there you can find anything you want. Rosters, match scores, final standings, etc. Note there is a season 2009/10 also. You might need to use Google to translate the page.

Thank you Mike! Much appreciated.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
No problem,

Souquet, Ortmann, Engert, Hohmann did not participate, nor did they last year.

This is partly because the German Championships are not a prize money tournament, it's just about the honor of becoming German Champion. First of all you have to qualify for the state championships and become state champion or at least be the runner-up to get a nomination for the German Championships. The national association can give wildcards to players for different reasons.

last years German Champions were
Straight pool: John Blacklaw 150:5 against Dominic Jentsch in the 5th inning.
8-Ball: Dominic Jentsch 9:2 against Christian Weigoni
9-Ball: Nicolas Ottermann 11:9 against Dominic Jentsch

Since last year we have a new nationwide league management system, that's why you didn't find the results.
It's www.billardarea.de
From the front page you have access to our top 3 leagues and the singles championships. It also hosts every state association, that's why you have all these funny logos there
But it's a pain in the *** to navigate even for a native speaker. If you want to know some results just ask.

2010 update
Dominic Jentsch beat John Blacklaw 8:5 to become German 8-Ball Champion

@scottyr44
Revillo Cup is a nice tournament, but it is also on a very high level.
Where are you located at in Germany?

On Nov 14th is a 9-ball tournament at Munich with Raj Hundal and Roman Hybler, Nicolas Ottermann and Phillip Stojanovic
Entry fee is 35 Euros, first place payout 672€

Dec 10th - 12th is the "Christmas Open" at Iserlohn. Entry fee is 50 Euros if payed until 1st Dec.
13.800 Euros prize money at stake, 3.500 for the winner, 1.800 for the runner-up
only very few places left in the 128 players field and many strong players signed up

On Nov. 20th is a smaller tournament at Darmstadt (near Frankfurt), but also some strong regional players signed up like Christophe Creter who beat Oliver Ortmann and Christian Maxeiner who beat the austrian Mario He at the Stuttgart Open

Tommy,
And thank you also for the very imformative post! And for the link. Both you and Mikhail are appreciated for your help.

tommy84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for the confusion, but I missed that the organizers used the results schedule to do a live ticker as the German Championships sadly have no live coverage...

John Blacklaw beat Dominic Jentsch in a hill-hill match to become the 2010 German 8-Ball Champion with a 9:8 victory.
Blacklaw trailed Jentsch 5:8 and turned the tide to his favour:eek:

tommy84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last results update for this years German Championships

Dominic Jentsch dominated the 9-Ball final and won his 6th German Championship title. He beat Marcus Westen 11:1

Jasmin Michel won the women's 9-Ball division with a 9:3 over Kim Witzel bringing Veronika Ivanovskaia's winning streak to an end. The newly crowned straight pool and 8-Ball womens champion finished on a tied 13th place

Alongside the mens and womens divisions in 14.1, 8-Ball and 9-Ball there were also the womens and seniors team championships, the wheelchair 8-Ball and 9-Ball division as well as the ladies and seniors single titles at stake.

During the pool championships also the Snooker and Carom championships are held for men, women, seniors and ladies...

During this week in the scenic Bad Wildungen every possible billiard format crowns it's German Champion. Sadly the relatively new 10-Ball format didn't fit into the tight timetable, it is held seperately from Nov. 18th-22nd at Sindelfingen near Stuttgart. I hope this changes in the future

Kimmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would appreciate it if you could let me know of some up coming amateur/open tournaments in Germany, since i've been here I haven't heard shit and would like to play in some.

depends on which area of Germany you wish to be playing and on what level..
if you are up in nw-area...then tournaments in Holland are not that far either..

www.billard-aktuell.de has a calendar of events as well...just can not remember if you have to be registered before you can see it....it is under Termine on the left-hand menu...