refelting table question

theoneandonly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am just wondering if someone could tell me if refelting a table is that hard of a procedure. I have an old table in my house. its probably only worth around 500. I have called a few places and they tell me it would be around 350 to get some simonis layed down on it. I dont really want to spend that much $ seeing that the table isnt even worth that much. Would it be silly for me to try and refelt my table alone. Some one once told me that it wasn't to hard of a job. i figured someone on here could lend me some suggestions. thanks again

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
If you've never done it and have never watched anyone do it then I'd agree that it would be silly to do it on your own.

Teacherman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are handy and like small projects, you can learn most of what you need to know about the bed cloth by taking the old cloth off.

To save money you could have someone else do the rails and pick their brain about the bed cloth.

Billiard Architect

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
theoneandonly said:
i am just wondering if someone could tell me if refelting a table is that hard of a procedure. I have an old table in my house. its probably only worth around 500. I have called a few places and they tell me it would be around 350 to get some simonis layed down on it. I dont really want to spend that much $ seeing that the table isnt even worth that much. Would it be silly for me to try and refelt my table alone. Some one once told me that it wasn't to hard of a job. i figured someone on here could lend me some suggestions. thanks again

http://pooltable.kirchelconsulting.com

Check out the bottom links in the project.

JV

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
theoneandonly said:

I worked in a poolroom for 2 years and can attest that reclothing a table is not easy. In fact, if you're getting Simonis cloth installed for $350, much of that cost will go to the Simonis and maybe $100 will go to labor. I've seen professionals mess it up but I can assure you, do-it-yourselfers will inevitably have their work cut out for them. Reclothing the rails is an art in and of itself. These guys really have a system and can get it done in such little time that it really is a bargain to have them do it.

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
theoneandonly said:
i agree with Jude

Q Addiction

Registered
New cloth

If your wanting to save some money then doing it yourself is achievable. You will need a friend to help you though. The bed cloth is not too bad to put on, but the rails are somewhat time consuming. You can get Simonis for $150 for your table. There are books and internet sites that can help you with the installation sequence. It does take time and is not easy, but I still do my own every 2 years.

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
theoneandonly said:
let us know what you decide to do and the steps you took if re-CLOTHING....good luck

Teacherman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a friend show me how to do it on one table each, one time each (Gold Crown, bar box) and I've done them ever since......well, almost ever since.

Now I pay someone to do the Gold Crowns (too time consuming) but I still do the bar boxes.

Takes a while to get good at it. But, if saving money is the goal, and you're handy, you can do it.