Galvaston World Classic inks video deal

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny how nobody has ever heard of 'Hot Ticket Entertainment, LLC', but their exclusive domain is producing pool and billiard events. IMO, just another slam at entities like TAR, that already exist, already have a track record, and already have an audience. These guys are gonna produce their event, their way (with no communication with, nor advice from, experts who have done this before), using their people...and experience be damned! Well, good luck fellas! :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Funny how nobody has ever heard of 'Hot Ticket Entertainment, LLC', but their exclusive domain is producing pool and billiard events. IMO, just another slam at entities like TAR, that already exist, already have a track record, and already have an audience. These guys are gonna produce their event, their way (with no communication with, nor advice from, experts who have done this before), using their people...and experience be damned! Well, good luck fellas! :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

It is their event, and obviously they plan to sink or swim on their own. More power to them.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Obviously they aren't AZers,or they'd know the power of TAR and their followers....
Sink or swim, at least they are committing themselves fully in their independence-

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
If the money for ALL the purses is in escrow why is eveybody slamming them. Their putting up a fortune for this event and if they don't want anyones help, so be it. With the lack of info about the event they could already have a top notch tournament director and others from the pool tournament indusry. Johnnyt

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
The 'top notch' TD has been chosen.

Ken Shuman is the current TD for the US Open 9 ball event
Ken Shuman is the current TD for the Derby City Classic
Ken Shuman is the current National Tournament Referee and Director for the BCAPool Leagues and Head Ref trainer.

Ken and his chosen staff are very reputable and experienced players and directors/referees.

The rest of the crew for the tournament are the promoters. They are the one with the facts to provide when they feel it is necessary.

Oh, BTW, there are VIP tickets for the entire event on sale for $125. These also include the TV table seating area. See the website for purchasing these tickets.

If the money for ALL the purses is in escrow why is eveybody slamming them. Their putting up a fortune for this event and if they don't want anyones help, so be it. With the lack of info about the event they could already have a top notch tournament director and others from the pool tournament indusry. Johnnyt

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt...That's the problem, as I see it. Nothing has been put in escrow. Escrow means it is in a bank account, and can be verified by independent people (ie. the players, or a players' representative). The promoters have SAID they are guaranteeing 1st place prize money for each event (that doesn't mean it's in escrow somewhere). That says nothing about the payout for the rest of the paid field...which apparently the promoters don't feel like they need to provide details for. There are certainly precedents already for promoters who said the money was guaranteed, but when push came to shove, it wasn't. I'm not trying to badmouth this event...I'd love to see it come off, as it is proposed. That said, however, I'm still from Missouri (like several others here)...prove it! I have no doubt that the event will happen. Whether it flops or not remains to be seen. They have retained quality people to direct the tournament, and posted a deposit with Diamond...which is good. Best of luck to all the players, professional and amateur, who show up and play! :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Last edited:

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member
Before we jump to conclusions about TAR, perhaps we should consider that the press release did not have the words "exclusive broadcast".

In fact, didn't see the word "exclusive" anywhere. :confused:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

This is the kind of negativity that I have come to deplore.

You don't know anything about Hot Ticket Entertainment, LLC and you make all kinds of negative insinuations about them and the promoters and you have it all wrong.

Hot Ticket Entertainment, LLC is simply a new name of an EXPERIENCED AND HIGHLY COMPETENT TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS who have done an EXCELLENT JOB at providing high quality production for billiard events.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
Johnnyt...That's the problem, as I see it. Nothing has been put in escrow. Escrow means it is in a bank account, and can be verified by independent people (ie. the players, or a players' representative). The promoters have SAID they are guaranteeing 1st place prize money for each event (that doesn't mean it's in escrow somewhere). That says nothing about the payout for the rest of the paid field...which apparently the promoters don't feel like they need to provide details for. There are certainly precedents already for promoters who said the money was guaranteed, but when push came to shove, it wasn't. I'm not trying to badmouth this event...I'd love to see it come off, as it is proposed. That said, however, I'm still from Missouri (like several others here)...prove it! I have no doubt that the event will happen. Whether it flops or not remains to be seen. They have retained quality people to direct the tournament, and posted a deposit with Diamond...which is good. Best of luck to all the players, professional and amateur, who show up and play! :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

The only problem I see is people like you taking pot shots at every opportunity to knock this tournament, the promoters and even the players.

Sure, you're not trying to badmouth this event.......SURE:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You make your own definitions about what an escrow is and what the promoters have done and haven't done.

Your snide remarks of wishing luck to the players and your entire post reeks of pessimism and sarcasm and I am frankly shocked by your comments and the manner in which you continue to project them.

SURE! You're not trying to badmouth this event. :barf:

JoeyA

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Why is it another slam at entities like TAR? How do you know who they have and/or haven't advised? Do you have the inside track and are just holding out on us? What gives Scott? :confused:

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

:confused::confused: The highlighted part :confused::confused:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
Oh, I thought all funds were in escrow already. That's different then. Johnnyt

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Working from memory

Oh, I thought all funds were in escrow already. That's different then. Johnnyt

Johnny,

I am working from memory but I thought we were guaranteed that first place monies would be put in escrow. No way for all of the other monies to be put in escrow as I think they are coming from entry fees up until the last minute.

As of yet I haven't seen any confirmation of any monies in escrow or any indication of on what date they plan to do that. First place in escrow won't mean too much if they have already collected enough entry fees for the entire payout to cover first place monies before putting "first place monies" in escrow.

I'm very specifically not saying there is a problem here other than the promoters usual problem of inadequate communications. The particulars of the fund guarantee was another question to be asked in the chat that didn't take place.

I think things are golden for a great one time event. I am hoping for a lot more from these people and I have to admit I am not nearly as confident of that. I think we should get ready to have a good time in Galveston and see what happens afterwards. One thing for sure, we will know a hell of a lot more after this first event!

Hu

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
I'm just confused and watching with my mouth hanging open wondering wtf just happened? :groucho:

But in my confusion about what is REALLY happening or who's spin is the real spin I do think it would behove ALL naysayers to just be quiet and let things fall as they will. Promoting negative ideas and feelings does undermine things and is in nobodys best interest.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
I think things are golden for a great one time event. I am hoping for a lot more from these people and I have to admit I am not nearly as confident of that. I think we should get ready to have a good time in Galveston and see what happens afterwards. One thing for sure, we will know a hell of a lot more after this first event!

Hu
There ya go. Let's do this party and see if things fall right for another one. Sheeeeeeeeeeee I'm down with that idea!

$125 for ringside seats sound reasonable for this big show.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, Mr. Smart Guy...what's YOUR definition of "having funds in escrow"? The facts speak for themselves. The promoters have provided no answers to ANY of the questions put forth by the posters here (including yourself). Those questions have been asked since last fall, when the event was first mentioned. I'm happy that you can live in a dream world, and believe whatever you want. I'm someone who likes to have questions answered (when those questions are directly related to the participation and outcome of the event itself). No information is forthcoming here...that's for sure. The event is 2 1/2 months away. When it is all said and done, it is their event. They're putting up the added money (allegedly). They have a perfect right to run it however they see fit, using anybody they choose. The fact that there are literally dozens of talented people here, who could offer direction and advice, to benefit a successful outcome, but are ignored or snubbed, speaks volumes, imo.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

You make your own definitions about what an escrow is and what the promoters have done and haven't done.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
Well, Mr. Smart Guy...what's YOUR definition of "having funds in escrow"? The facts speak for themselves. The promoters have provided no answers to ANY of the questions put forth by the posters here (including yourself). Those questions have been asked since last fall, when the event was first mentioned. I'm happy that you can live in a dream world, and believe whatever you want. I'm someone who likes to have questions answered (when those questions are directly related to the participation and outcome of the event itself). No information is forthcoming here...that's for sure. The event is 2 1/2 months away. When it is all said and done, it is their event. They're putting up the added money (allegedly). They have a perfect right to run it however they see fit, using anybody they choose. The fact that there are literally dozens of talented people here, who could offer direction and advice, to benefit a successful outcome, but are ignored or snubbed, speaks volumes, imo.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Well Chicken Little,
The sky isn't falling. The world isn't going to come to an end.

What you like or what I like isn't that important.

In fact, this tournament might turn out to be a really great event.

You're partially correct about one thing and that is that the promoters haven't chosen to interact with some of the people on AZBilliards. This seems to grind on you and others. You nor anyone else should take that personally but it appears that you have and that's unfortunate.

AZBilliards' Main Forum is a FANTASTIC place for talking about pool and the forum is filled with wonderful people who love the sport of pocket billiards and many of them have valuable information to share.

Because the promoters choose to avoid AZ Billiards, they shouldn't be derided at every turn by you or anyone else.

The players who want to play in this tournament and invest their time and money don't need to be ridiculed by you either.

You shouldn't take my comments personally either. I'm just one member of this forum who wants to give the promoters a chance to change the face of pool. If they fail, well you know the old saying, "Nothing ventured nothing gained".

Personally, I don't blame any promoter or professional player for not visiting AZ Billiards Main Forum. For some people it can be an unchartered minefield.

I'd love to see the forum change but I don't think it will happen in my lifetime.

AZ Billiards is a cross section of the entire globe and is a great place to hang out with old friends, make new friends and gain valuable information from informed people especially when it comes to pool.

JoeyA