A joint ex rays

Look out

hey guys this is a subject that I have read about on here before. but can't remember who or how the subject came up it was probably in reference to how George or Gus assembled their cues . I know there has been plenty of discussion about the balance and weight distribution of the Masters cues . my question is does anyone have a picture of what's on the inside ? EX RAYS ???? thanks

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey guys this is a subject that I have read about on here before. but can't remember who or how the subject came up it was probably in reference to how George or Gus assembled their cues . I know there has been plenty of discussion about the balance and weight distribution of the Masters cues . my question is does anyone have a picture of what's on the inside ? EX RAYS ???? thanks
When Verl Horn was making his 'bushka clones he x-ray'd a whole cue. Others have done it also.

Look out

thanks guys but really I was wondering if anyone had an ex ray of a GUS .I have not seen an image of that one and exactly the method he used to assemble . thanks

cuewould

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Different

I was working on an old Palmer and ran into something I was'nt expecting , while discussing it with the owner of the cue he stated he had ( x-rays ) and he would send themalong, which he did . Two old Palmer 2 completely different weighting systems !!!!! Shocking to see, but very helpful.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
Back in the day someone posted a pic of a Schon that was sawed in half and you could see at least 1/2 inch of airspace on either end of the A joint screw :confused:. Tommy D.

hotrod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the day someone posted a pic of a Schon that was sawed in half and you could see at least 1/2 inch of airspace on either end of the A joint screw :confused:. Tommy D.
I remember that xray. Although it was strange looking, I will say 19 out of 20 Schons hit real good. Shooting 20 yrs, owned Boars, Blacks, just about any out there. Old air space Schon plays very nice

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
You're welcome.
Done by late mentor and friend, Edwin Reyes.
Sorry, no Gus or Bushka,

Attachments

• Cue Specifications-1.pdf
    62.3 KB · Views: 180

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There comes a point when the individual becomes more philosophical than the actual equation. It is not just the connection alone, but the epoxy too that completes the construction, combined with the tenon at the -A- joint. Radial connecting screws come to mind. The taps have a lead on them. Not everyone invests in bottoming taps. I've seen a lot of xrays of -A- joints but I've never asked to see one. I consider that very Private. I accept don't condemn.

IMG_20190803_082124.jpg

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I still play with one that for all I know is built that way,so believe me I'm a fan. I was just confused as to how that happened,can't dog them in my mind cause they've sold a BUNCH of cues ;).

Once it's replacement gets screwed together (coming SOON :cool:),I plan on using a center barrel 3/8-10 there so I can use the longer end into the forearm to help move the balance forward,and still leave enough of the barrel for the end that goes into the handle to minimize airspace :thumbup:.. Tommy D.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still play with one that for all I know is built that way,so believe me I'm a fan. I was just confused as to how that happened,can't dog them in my mind cause they've sold a BUNCH of cues ;).

Once it's replacement gets screwed together (coming SOON :cool:),I plan on using a center barrel 3/8-10 there so I can use the longer end into the forearm to help move the balance forward,and still leave enough of the barrel for the end that goes into the handle to minimize airspace :thumbup:.. Tommy D.

Barrel as in a 3/8x10 with a non threaded shank in the middle of it?

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
That's the plan unless you have something to share that you've seen that makes it no bueno...;). Tommy D.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the plan unless you have something to share that you've seen that makes it no bueno...;). Tommy D.

Tommy
I think a smooth barrell in a closed connection is a wonderful idea. You should consider polishing the screw too.:eek: