Shane Starting o Copy Earl?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I think Shane has been playing Earl too much. Now he’s smacking the table with his stick after a poor shot, staying up at the table after a dry break or missed shot glaring at the balls, and has started with all the negative body language in his chair. I think he might be in need of a few month vacation or some good sex. Johnnyt

paulempor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think you can put Shane and Earl in the same sentence when talking about how they carry themselves.....

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
It must be the pressure at that level. Alex P also spanked the Diamond a few times on their last match. I have played pool for over 40 years and have not smacked my cue against anything......ever.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rarely will one ever get to their level without absolutely hating to lose. So that will bring up and increase negative emotions. The old proverb is true that "Bad company corrupts good habits." And another is "Go not with an angry man less you learn his ways."

thintowin

thin2win
Silver Member
how about owning your emotions and behavior? even though shane is not seeking an excuse or reason for his behavior, it seems others have taken up the mantle and I must say it's not very manly. how about he is just having a bad day or 2 instead of analyzing his behavior? just a thought ...

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not to mention the boost it gives the opponent to see you slam your cue and act out.

ever play a robot kinda player? its unerving....worst rolls in the world and they just sit down and wait for the next turn......it works on you.

stumpie71

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe both players were smacking the table after a bad break, stay at the table after a dry or bad break break and glaring at the balls after a bad shot.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I don't recall ever seeing Shane outwardly display as much frustration as he did last night. That table is a bear and it obviously worked on both players. They were ducking on shots they'd never duck on another table. Both at times were unnerved.

Could you imagine a TAR match with 2 B players on that table? It'd be unwatchable.

My hats off to Shane for gutting out that W last night. He hung triple tough.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Late in the match last night, a roll went Busty's way and I saw Shane mutter, "Unbelievable."

I think Shane felt Day 1 should have been his and it still burns him. It's probably the main reason for his frustrations.

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
I think Shane has been playing Earl too much. Now he’s smacking the table with his stick after a poor shot, staying up at the table after a dry break or missed shot glaring at the balls, and has started with all the negative body language in his chair. I think he might be in need of a few month vacation or some good sex. Johnnyt

LOL...............Good one Johnny....he has to learn the trash talking and sharking techniques now.

Shaky1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm guilty of showing my emotions. "Nuff said.
I wish I wasn't like that. :( It gets expensive.

2l82bgr8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If someone acts totally outrageous and nothing is done, then the next person will act up a little more than they usually do. It is pretty obvious that in this match a two game penalty would easily fix the problem. I run tournaments all over the country and have learned players will do what ever you allow them to. Lay down the law and stick to it and they will behave

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh brother...smacking the table with his cue and glaring at the balls too long...Johnny, you are hardcore!! How in the hell can you compare Shane with Earl???

It's a gambling match you nits...you put 10k on the line and miss a few shots and see how you will react. This aint APA...this is REAL pool....unfreaking believable!!! Emotions come through in moments like these....how many of you have ever bet more than a thousand on yourself playing pool????? I bet none of you...enough said!!!

Gary