I CANCELLED A SALE-REVIEW/Opinons/FEEDBACK PLEASE

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I have to find the thread here-FORBIDDING" Taking friends/family from unknown/new buyers-
I always try do the right thing buying/selling-

Them sending you money via Friends and Family puts them at risk, not you...

BJTyler747

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who gives a sh!t WHY Duane doesn't do business with new/unknown buyers? It's 100% his choice. He obviously has very good reasons for that policy, and just didn't catch that this was a new user. How likely do you all really think it is that a user completely new to the site, with minimal posts, decides to buy something expensive off a seller here, within a short time of joining the forum?

Not bloody well likely... Not selling to brand new folks, thinking about it that way, is a VERY good policy, when viewed from that angle. A lot of our older members simply aren't comfortable with Paypal protections (which invariably favor the buyer, btw...), and I don't fault Duane in the least for backing out, as long as he refunds the payment.

Those other folks talking crap, you are free to start selling expensive cues on here and to do business with all the new/unknown folks you like on here. Tell us how that works out.

You're certainly free to buy from and sell to whomever you choose. HOWEVER, if you make the choice AFTER having already agreed to a deal (let alone receiving payment!!!), then you are no better than a welcher.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gosh, this seems dumb.

Seller was getting paid and if he was worried about any buyer complaint to Paypal,
which would have suspended the sale funds from being released to the seller, then
he could have asked for a certified check from the buyer. It looks to my eye the only
party that was damaged from this is the buyer and the seller screwed this deal up.

Maybe he got a better offer and needed a reason to cancel but this transaction should
have successfully gone and would have had I been the seller but I’m not.. IMO, the
seller revealed himself to be more unreliable than his buyer & it deserves being noted.

Matt B.

sonny burnett

Registered
Very shaky thread. Had I purchased I would be screaming.

Seller has a right to be skittish since PayPal sides with seller complaints 95% of the time.

Not taking any sides. I would like to see both parties solve this. There used to be an escrow service on the forum that could solve this.

Postal money order offer from the buyer should solve this also. I think that might help both parties unless the cue is gone.

A great chance for both parties to resolve this I hope.

Just my old stake hoss court judgement for what that's worth.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who gives a sh!t WHY Duane doesn't do business with new/unknown buyers? It's 100% his choice. He obviously has very good reasons for that policy, and just didn't catch that this was a new user. How likely do you all really think it is that a user completely new to the site, with minimal posts, decides to buy something expensive off a seller here, within a short time of joining the forum?

Not bloody well likely... Not selling to brand new folks, thinking about it that way, is a VERY good policy, when viewed from that angle. A lot of our older members simply aren't comfortable with Paypal protections (which invariably favor the buyer, btw...), and I don't fault Duane in the least for backing out, as long as he refunds the payment.

Those other folks talking crap, you are free to start selling expensive cues on here and to do business with all the new/unknown folks you like on here. Tell us how that works out.
Agree 100%. I love it when someone has like 80 posts over 11yrs, zero sales history and suddenly they're a sales referee. BTW, imo F&F is only for sending cash to a friend. All sales should be goods/services. Its worth the 3% everytime.

strokecity33

Registered
I have a friend who has a 100% I trader on here would you be willing to make it right and sell it for $575.00 to him if my itrader is the real problem?? Let me know Duane

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is all a little strange on how it came down. First of all, it's not a "high end" sale! I would say $575 is more on the low end of cues sales on here. Second, the buyer and seller should both do their due diligence before making a deal. If I had any reservations about selling a cue to someone unknown to me I would simply ask for a cashiers check, USPS money order or bank transfer in advance. If they declined to do that we wouldn't have a deal, that's all.

By the way, one caveat. When accepting cashiers/bank checks make sure the check is good (verify with your bank, they can do that for you) before shipping any goods or allowing a third party to pick them up. I have two bogus bank checks that look good as gold in a file in my office as a reminder. They are both for a healthy five figure amount for cars I had for sale. In both cases they wanted to send someone to pick up the car the day after I received the check. Once I had signed the title and handed them the keys I would have lost the car with little recourse.

I won't tell you what I wanted to do to the guy who was coming to pick up my car. My better judgement (acquired at a more mature age) stopped me. A younger Jay might have done something very bad to him. I'm too old to go to jail. :wink:

Last edited:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Very shaky thread. Had I purchased I would be screaming.

Seller has a right to be skittish since PayPal sides with seller complaints 95% of the time.

Not taking any sides. I would like to see both parties solve this. There used to be an escrow service on the forum that could solve this.

Postal money order offer from the buyer should solve this also. I think that might help both parties unless the cue is gone.

A great chance for both parties to resolve this I hope.

Just my old stake hoss court judgement for what that's worth.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
See them resolve this? Shit, if I was the buyer, the seller could lower the price to a nickel and I still wouldnt buy it. This is a good way to lose what could have been a repeat customer and also other future customers.

Honestly, can't believe he posted the thread himself...

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gosh, this seems dumb.

Seller was getting paid and if he was worried about any buyer complaint to Paypal,
which would have suspended the sale funds from being released to the seller, then
he could have asked for a certified check from the buyer. It looks to my eye the only
party that was damaged from this is the buyer and the seller screwed this deal up.

Maybe he got a better offer and needed a reason to cancel but this transaction should
have successfully gone and would have had I been the seller but I’m not.. IMO, the
seller revealed himself to be more unreliable than his buyer & it deserves being noted.

Matt B.

No better offer-
IF I SELL CUE HERE-I let you know the buyer if you want
******* I KNOW THIS-
I always make great deals here on great cues and great prices-
I will certainly note that to myself

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know its DUMB-
I saw your avatar and the stroke city 33 and the bronze member THOUGHT THAT WAS YOUR ITRADER-
It was a mistake-
CHECK MY ITRADER HERE-
********** ALSO Check my name here ***BEFORE ITRADER- I am always very generous and helpful
I was taking a hit to give a good deal on a cue-
CHECK WITH KIDWILL -that's who I just got the cue from- I PAID HIM $$ 20.00 OVER HIS ASKING PRICE TO COVER THE FEES WHEN I BOUGH THE CUE
Duane, that's gotta be the shittest excuse I have ever heard, I trust you when you say that happened, we probably all had a moment of not reading clearly, but that is your mistake, seems like you are shifting it to the buyer due to your negligence in the first place checking.

We made the deal Duane. I made you a $575.00 offer and you said yes. I sent you the money and you accepted it. Now for some lame reason you’re making me out to be the bad guy Because I have no buyer/seller history. Basically you had sellers remorse. I saw you re uploaded that cue for $700.00. You paid $620.00. I offered $575.00. Deal was made.

I’m just here defending myself so people don’t think I’m someone to “burn” or “scam” other people

Canceled, then reposted at a higher price, lol. I probably wouldn't have started this thread if I was Duane, but feedback is nice I guess :grin:Certainly his right to not want to sell to you, but after sending the money and everything, just seems shitty. Then he cancels and reposts at a higher price, I'd probably be a little disappointed myself, sure seems like sellers remorse.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Another thing to note, for everyone *****ing about using cashiers checks and postal money order...it's EFFing 2019, if you cannot process/accept an electronic payment, then you need to stick to shows & expos where you can do face-to-face transactions. Not accepting PayPal G&S is dumbshite.

strokecity33

Registered
Thread

I’ve posted what I needed to post. I just didn’t want bad connotations such as “ burner” or “scammer” being associated with my az billiards account. I’m upset I was treated like this by Duane and our deal. If Duane would accept $575.00 thru my friends az account which has 100% I trader maybe that would resolve the issue. Since Duanes issue was my account rating.

BJTyler747

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree 100%. I love it when someone has like 80 posts over 11yrs, zero sales history and suddenly they're a sales referee. BTW, imo F&F is only for sending cash to a friend. All sales should be goods/services. Its worth the 3% everytime.

Just because I don't spend my life posting endlessly about the latest aiming system, a new carbon fiber shaft, or the rules of one pocket doesn't necessary imply that I don't know right from wrong.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Duane, that's gotta be the shittest excuse I have ever heard, I trust you when you say that happened, we probably all had a moment of not reading clearly, but that is your mistake, seems like you are shifting it to the buyer due to your negligence in the first place checking.

Canceled, then reposted at a higher price, lol. I probably wouldn't have started this thread if I was Duane, but feedback is nice I guess :grin:Certainly his right to not want to sell to you, but after sending the money and everything, just seems shitty. Then he cancels and reposts at a higher price, I'd probably be a little disappointed myself, sure seems like sellers remorse.

MY ORIGINAL ASKING PRICE WAS $$ 700.00 FOR THE CUE-
I got a pm offering $$500.00 I THEN TOLD THE BUYER CAN'T SELL FOR THAT-"That's when I explained THAT I PAID $$ 620.00 FOR THE CUE AND Really didn.t want to lose so much"
I accepted the $$575.00 and YES BACKED OUT this morning-
I made a couple mistakes-
THAT'S why I posted the question-
No worries-
I know I'm not perfect- but always try to get the best deals for people
I BEEN HERE for a while-NO COMPLAINTS UNTIL TODAY-on a thread that I PERSONALLY STARTED

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Seems like a odd reason to kill a deal, not something I would have done. Really think you just didn’t want to take a loss on cue, so backed out. Suspect it will be hard to move for anymore now.